Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old August 11th, 2021, 01:43 AM

randum is surprisingly tart
Re: Building Heroscape Android app - recommendations!

I recently ran across the following calculation:
- Life Cost = Points / (Figure count * Life)
This essentially states what it costs for a single life point across all card figures.

I like the idea of being able to sort by this, and thought of adding the following to also be sortable:
- Move Cost = Points / (Figure count * Move)
- Range Cost = Points / (Figure count * Range)
- Attack Cost = Points / (Figure count * Attack)
- Defense Cost = Points / (Figure count * Defense)
- All Stats Cost = Points / (Figure count * (Life + Move + Range + Attack + Defense))
- Life + Defense Cost = Points / (Figure count * (Life + Defense))
- Move + Range + Attack Cost = Points / (Figure count * (Move + Range + Attack))

Are there any other calculations anyone can think of that can be useful in sorting units that you'd like implemented?

@itsbuzzi I will add a section for FAQ's, but I won't be able to add all that in there right away. However, there will still be a link directly to the unit's forum page. I downloaded all the maps you had saved on your drive. I'll eventually post them on here so they can be loaded when needed and not delivered with the app (to save space). That's what I'm also doing with the unit cards.
Old August 14th, 2021, 12:04 AM

Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby! Chill rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randum View Post

Are there any other calculations anyone can think of that can be useful in sorting units that you'd like implemented?
I’ve heard of threat range (I think just Move + Range ignoring the possible extra move cost for elevation)

And Lifedefense (Life * Defense as a rough measure of survivability) (writing this I notice that it would be difficult to compare heroes and squads with any calculation that includes life points, maybe including figure count as well would be enough)

In general, being able to save and categorize armies would be great. Having access to all VC figures without having to enter them myself would be great. Also would like to have links for direct synergies offered and received as in the books. And a randomizer would be cool (like draw X random cards or Y points) for random drafts and things like that.

Last edited by Chill; August 16th, 2021 at 01:03 PM.
Old August 16th, 2021, 09:49 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

@Chill
Indeed Live cost always takes into account the figure count.

Threat Range is without a doubt the second most interesting metric people sees here. The other ones seems more anecdotal. However its quite more difficult to get automatically because you should take into account special attacks and possibly special powers too.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old August 16th, 2021, 10:50 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I recently ran across the following calculation:
- Life Cost = Points / (Figure count * Life)
This essentially states what it costs for a single life point across all card figures.

I like the idea of being able to sort by this, and thought of adding the following to also be sortable:
- Move Cost = Points / (Figure count * Move)
- Range Cost = Points / (Figure count * Range)
- Attack Cost = Points / (Figure count * Attack)
- Defense Cost = Points / (Figure count * Defense)
- All Stats Cost = Points / (Figure count * (Life + Move + Range + Attack + Defense))
- Life + Defense Cost = Points / (Figure count * (Life + Defense))
- Move + Range + Attack Cost = Points / (Figure count * (Move + Range + Attack))

@itsbuzzi I will add a section for FAQ's, but I won't be able to add all that in there right away. However, there will still be a link directly to the unit's forum page. I downloaded all the maps you had saved on your drive. I'll eventually post them on here so they can be loaded when needed and not delivered with the app (to save space). That's what I'm also doing with the unit cards.
There appears to be what I would call a map overhaul going on right now. If you downloaded the maps from my drive I would wait until the lists have finalized as maps are moving in and out of my "Bad Maps" folder as deemed by the judges.

As for the FAQ I know you can find it on the site somewhere but I was thinking of breaking it up and adding some type of notes section to the units as that would be the quickest way to find the information.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old August 20th, 2021, 04:23 AM

milkymomm is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
To me, I'd like an App that has the following:

Essential - Ability to search all fields of the card, leftbox, points, species ect... good resolution pictures of the card, and something simple to build armies. I like how hacc does the Army Builder because it shows totals for points, spaces, and figures. Obviously the ability to add more cards in needs to be a thought as well because scape is ever expanding.

Improved Upon - If you decide to pop smoke, show a community member how to add units so we can continue its use

Capability - Honestly, to have basic capability on it like Haccs does but made for mobile would make it convenient enough for me. Extra info for c3v would be nice like, name of the sculpt used but not required.

That's probably the extent of my useful input. For good army card files you can probably go through the Books of various units or get in touch with c3v/administration here to get good files.
Thank you! Really valuable ideas
Old September 21st, 2022, 06:47 PM

Re: HeroSearch - Fan-made Android companion Heroscape app

Hey everyone, I just recently published the fan-made companion app for HeroScape on Google Play. It's called HeroSearch.

You can check it out at this link or search the name on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cor.heroSearch

If you want to report bugs or give feedback, you can do so on this discord channel: https://discord.gg/3hGKaz3qZA
Old September 22nd, 2022, 08:04 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

Very cool app randum has extensive list of features and is intuitive. fantastic job!
Old September 22nd, 2022, 08:17 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I like it a lot! My only question is how I filter out cards by source? I noticed there are C3G, Star Wars, VC, and of course Classic cards all in the same "bucket." I could not figure out how to filter to just VC + Classic.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 22nd, 2022, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I like it a lot! My only question is how I filter out cards by source? I noticed there are C3G, Star Wars, VC, and of course Classic cards all in the same "bucket." I could not figure out how to filter to just VC + Classic.

Thank you, I've been asked this a few times so I think I will make some guide in the future to help out.

There are two fields that can help with source: "Development character organization author" and "Universe". The former is for the organization author for the character created for the HeroScape game itself (C3G, CUC, Hasbro, HoSS, Individual, VC – C3V, VC – SoV). The latter is for the original Universe of the character (Marvel, D&D, HeroScape, etc.).

If you have both fields included in one search "box", then if either one of them contains the text you typed, the database will return a hit for that character (if your operator is "contains" of course). If you want to have them searched separately, then you can add another search.

While it's possible to perform your specific search by creating multiple new searches, each with a "does not contain" operator on the ones you don't want included, that is pretty tedious. Unfortunately, there's no simple way to perform your search, since any new search added is an "AND" search, not "OR". So any text you input will be required for the character to have to be displayed in the list. I'm thinking I can make an option for users to have new searches as either "AND" or "OR", I'm just not sure how I'd display it since it can be confusing to understand.

In the meantime, if you go to create a character, the drop-down fields will give you a list of already inserted data within the database (including any data you used to create your own character). They can help you with your searches.
Old September 23rd, 2022, 04:49 PM

Chlorophyllic knows what's in an order marker Chlorophyllic knows what's in an order marker

Hi to all, first post on here, even though I lurked for quite some time, love the content!
And to get to the point, I love the app, it's a great idea and really nicely done.
I would love a toggle function between C3V, HS and all the rest. And army point totals would be nice, like 495/505 or something like that on the main screen.
I really appreciate all the work you put into it!
Old September 23rd, 2022, 05:35 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Thank you, I've been asked this a few times so I think I will make some guide in the future to help out.

There are two fields that can help with source: "Development character organization author" and "Universe". The former is for the organization author for the character created for the HeroScape game itself (C3G, CUC, Hasbro, HoSS, Individual, VC – C3V, VC – SoV). The latter is for the original Universe of the character (Marvel, D&D, HeroScape, etc.).

If you have both fields included in one search "box", then if either one of them contains the text you typed, the database will return a hit for that character (if your operator is "contains" of course). If you want to have them searched separately, then you can add another search.

While it's possible to perform your specific search by creating multiple new searches, each with a "does not contain" operator on the ones you don't want included, that is pretty tedious. Unfortunately, there's no simple way to perform your search, since any new search added is an "AND" search, not "OR". So any text you input will be required for the character to have to be displayed in the list. I'm thinking I can make an option for users to have new searches as either "AND" or "OR", I'm just not sure how I'd display it since it can be confusing to understand.

In the meantime, if you go to create a character, the drop-down fields will give you a list of already inserted data within the database (including any data you used to create your own character). They can help you with your searches.
I think my use case will be a very common one. I suggest finding a way to implement it in a more instinctual way.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software