Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs
Official Rules and FAQs Compilation and discussion of AotP Rules and Frequently Asked Questions.

Notices

Old July 26th, 2016, 09:09 AM

igelkott is surprisingly tart
Re: AotP Question Dump

I interpret PassThroughStone as being just like Flying except it's a bonus move at the end of a move and it's restricted by requiring ending up at the same level as she started. I see no reason she can't pop up behind an opponent she's engaged with (and roll damage) but since she never really left engagement she would not take a LEA in that case.

Just my opinion...
Old July 26th, 2016, 09:18 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Have you tried asking Hasbro customer service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 26th, 2016, 12:36 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Any movement/ space placement change of a figure is affected by LEAs, unless specifically mentioned otherwise.
But what if you move 'through' figures, from one side to another but your final placement leaves you engaged with the same figures you were engaged with before moving?

Is it no LEAs(I lean this way) or is it like Flying in Heroscape where as soon as you start to 'move' you take LEAs?

Again I can easily see an argument either way. You are certainly subject to LEAs but does this situation trigger LEAs where you begin and end your 'move' adjacent to the same figures?

Here is another one.

All Sorcery cards are 'instant' effects correct?

Burn at the Stake does not apply for the whole game, only one turn correct?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 26th, 2016, 01:08 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Quote:
Any movement/ space placement change of a figure is affected by LEAs, unless specifically mentioned otherwise.
Here is another one.

All Sorcery cards are 'instant' effects correct?

Burn at the Stake does not apply for the whole game, only one turn correct?
All sorcery cards are instant effects and only get played once, unless they are re summoned out of the graveyard pile by another sorcery card.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 26th, 2016, 01:19 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Thanks. I knew it had to be that way but it is good for confirmation so the folks I play with do not think I am making the rulings.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 27th, 2016, 02:43 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
But what if you move 'through' figures, from one side to another but your final placement leaves you engaged with the same figures you were engaged with before moving?
I would need to see this "pass through" wording.
With Nahiri in particular, the move is like normal so LEAs are decided by the path you take.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old July 27th, 2016, 02:47 PM

Nahiri is whom I am referring to.

You can perform the exact 'move' I described but does she take LEAs?

- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 27th, 2016, 03:38 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Nahiri is whom I am referring to.

You can perform the exact 'move' I described but does she take LEAs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahiri
PASS THROUGH STONE
After moving Nahiri for the first time each turn, you may move her to a space of equal terrain elevation within 4 spaces of her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahiri
you may move her to a space
Normal move rules apply unless stated otherwise. Here they aren't. The only modifier is that the ending space must be of equal terrain elevation and within 4 spaces of previous location.
You can't normally move through enemy figures or figures engaged with enemy figures. The same is true with this power.

Now let's check our work by playing around with the tech:
Quote:
You may move her to a space within 4 spaces of her.
Awkward; makes me want to say, "her what?"

The gaping hole I see, and also the one that cares about LEAs is the travel path between Points A and B.
Can she only move 4 spaces?
Can she move unlimited spaces, as long as she ends within that 4 spaces?
Can she move unlimited spaces, as long as she ends on that elevation and remains within that 4 space radius?
What about Entering Engagement Strikes, or other powers that trigger when moved adjacent?

Is it indeed an awkwardly phrased teleport?
Certainly one for the email in to judge official.

I tell you what it doesn't say:

PASS THROUGH STONE
After moving Nahiri for the first time each turn, you may move her an additional 4 spaces. ...

The more I type, the more it looks like a teleport.

PASS THROUGH STONE
After moving Nahiri for the first time each turn, you may place her on a space of equal terrain elevation within 4 spaces of her.

What does Swamp Water Tunnel say?
"If a Marro Drudge ends its normal movement on a swamp water space, you may immediately place it on any empty same-level swamp water space within 5 spaces."

The power also doesn't say:
After Nahiri ends her normal movement, you may immediately place her on any empty same-level space within 4 spaces.

Phone this one in folks. Inconclusive.

Old July 27th, 2016, 04:30 PM

Exactly.

No way to argue this either way and win.

Uggg.

Why must things be so difficult?

- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 27th, 2016, 05:08 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Let me show you the easy way:

Step 1. Email Hasbro Customer Service

Step 2. Receive answer

Step 3. Share with Heroscapers and rejoice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 27th, 2016, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Exactly.

No way to argue this either way and win.

Uggg.

Why must things be so difficult?
For now I would say yes to LEA.
My unofficial judgment is the opponent would be able to make an attack unless Nahiri chose one of the two adjacent spaces to pass through to

Old July 28th, 2016, 07:33 AM

That is what I am proposing. She simply moves from one side to the other, starting and ending engaged to the same two figures.

If it was done by Flying in Heroscape it certainly would be two LEAs because Flying tells us such. Pass through Stone does not address this situation.

I will have to take a pic to show what I mean.

- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs