Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old October 31st, 2010, 11:49 AM

tshill12 Woo who?
Re: What's your BAG, baby? Bay Area Gamers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Nice powers of deduction, Sherlock, but you got one thing wrong-I've got Nerak.
The game is afoot!
Old November 1st, 2010, 02:45 PM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

So, I'm thinking that for the sake of playing a very silly army I should bring:

Zombies x5
Fire Elemental
335/16

Seems very silly. Will also probably get walked all over, but it should be amusing, right?

Or, for some synergy, but still rather pointless:

MDG
Airborne Elite
Legos x2
Dumtef Guard
335/11(15)

I'm honestly not sure which would do better, but I think it'll be worth trying them out.

And for those wondering about my favoring of older units, there are a lot of old units I got in large lots, but never got to try out, so I'm experimenting a bit.

Meh, that or I'll just bring the box and experiment a lot.

Any thoughts on either of those? Something like "Ha, that'll be lucky to last one round" or "I'd honestly be scared of that many zombies." Y'know, whatever you got.

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs
Old November 1st, 2010, 03:03 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Zombies are totally awesome. You might swap out 1 squad and the FE for Raelin to give them a little more survivability against range.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old November 1st, 2010, 07:10 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Zombies are totally awesome. You might swap out 1 squad and the FE for Raelin to give them a little more survivability against range.
Yeah, there's not a lot of cover on this map, so the small hit zone isn't really going to be much of a factor.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old November 1st, 2010, 11:35 PM

Killz is surprisingly tart

Um, so hey. I got an update. Its in the yes area. So I am most likely going. Only problem is ride. Cm, could I get a ride with you?

Sorry about taking so long, I was mainly using my Masquerade account in what little time I had to use.

Killz is kicking it as...

Ne-Gok-Sa, the original OG and stuff

in the
Perth Keep...
Old November 3rd, 2010, 05:03 PM

Um, so hey. I'll try and bring my whole collection, which is not much. But, um yeah, sounds awesome.
Ill get a list up.

in the
Perth Keep...
Old November 4th, 2010, 12:36 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

RV,

I was reading about the Immortals tournament at NHSD'08. How did that play out? Was it fun or just annoying? Did the games tend to run longer? Shorter?

I'm thinking maybe one of the 6-player FFA's on Game Day(s) could use the same format.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old November 4th, 2010, 04:11 AM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

When I was playing with 1more in Modesto he said that (the ever devious and cutthroat ) Menchi liked to start his matches by running his Viking Champions into molten lava, throwing their spirit onto his immortal, then charging him full tilt at the other immortal. Apparently that was quite a successful strategy.

Old November 5th, 2010, 05:34 AM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Indeed it was. Immortals was a fun and interesting idea. There are some options, like using Sudema as your Immortal and hoping you roll high enough for Stare of Stone before you're cut down. But Menchi thought it out, took the strongest Immortal, and reasoned that since the rest of the army didn't matter ultimately, the Vikings were worth sacking asap and just making SotM Drake that much harder to kill.

If I were to ever consider that format again, I think it was 1more who suggested a Thanos like approach. Anyone can "kill" your Immortal, but if done by a non-Immortal unit, at the start of the next round before OMs are placed you replace your Immortal fully healed adjacent to any one figure you control on the board. Thus, if your Immortal is killed by the Opponent's Immortal, then you lose. You also lose if you have no army left with which to "resummon" your Immortal.

Sounds like a lot more fun, actually. Hmm.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old November 5th, 2010, 06:55 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Good news for East Bay gamers...A FLGS opened this week in Castro Valley! Ronin Games & Hobbies. They don't even have a proper website up yet but there is a facebook "like" page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Ron...36012519784323

There's room for about 40 people to play games at any given time...The owner had heard about the 'Scape news & said we could use his space any time.

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN

Last edited by Carnival Man; November 6th, 2010 at 08:25 PM. Reason: wrong url
Old November 8th, 2010, 08:13 PM

What is this Immortal style? From what I have read it sounds like you can choose a hero to be your immortal, and he/she can only be killed by your opponents immortal. Sounds fun, but then don't you automatically win upon destroying your opponents immortal?

in the
Perth Keep...
Old November 10th, 2010, 03:20 PM

I fully expect the SoV to be up and running by the 20th, so I'll be bringing copies of whatever cards we're reviewing, and I'd love to play with or against them, if anyone has any interest.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers