Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old June 12th, 2010, 01:53 PM

Aquaryan is surprisingly tart
DC Universe: Blackest Night Heroclix

I do not know if I will actually play this, but I am really into the Blackest Night saga that DC has given us.

If I can find local people, I will learn how to play this game.

What do you, guys and gals, think of this game?

Old June 12th, 2010, 04:35 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: DC Universe: Blackest Night Heroclix

I dabbled a bit in Heroclix way back when it first came out, but I'm glad I got out of it quick. The game system was/is awkward and riddled with errata and loopholes. It never quite gave the feel of playing out a superhero battle and the rules allowed (and even encouraged) cheesy and unthematic combinations of characters in order to build a competitive team. It's also telling that somewhere along the line they changed the game to work more like Heroscape, adding character cards to flesh out figures' powers when the Clix dial alone wasn't able to represent the characters adequately. I prefer Superscape for my superhero minis fix.

Don't take my word for it, though. I usually go to hcrealms.com, the main Heroclix fan site, to get photos of the minis for my Superscape customs, and when I'm there I've noticed that there are always threads in their forums along the lines of, "What's the most broken figure?" or "What's the cheesiest team you've ever played against?" or "Why power creep is good for the game."
Old June 24th, 2010, 05:52 PM

Zarovichx is surprisingly tart

I played Heroclixs for a good two years. It's a solid game but it does have a few flaws. Power Creep did hit the game when the set Icons came out and some pieces became a one man wrecking crew at a cheap cost.

The biggest flaw that I had with the game was with move & attack powers. Unless the character had the power to move and attack on the same turn then it wasn't considered competitive. Most pieces in Heroclixs can either move or attack but not both on a turn. Hypersonic is by far the best power in the game and giving that power to say Superman (which most versions of him have), promotes Superman to not act like Superman. What I mean by this is, it would be very likely to see Superman in a game take pop shots at figures then run away and hide behind a building afterwards. it promoted coward play and games are normally decided by hypersonic pieces with the biggest movement and longest range.
Old July 9th, 2010, 01:16 AM

Aquaryan is surprisingly tart

I have played only a couple of games, but it will never take the place of Heroscape.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures