Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old July 6th, 2015, 02:35 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Suggestions for the C3V Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
The names of the waves especially bother me, simply because I have no idea what "crevcor's commission" is, but I'd be interested in finding out. Just a thought.
It's not like many of the official wave names ever made any sense, except the really basic stuff like "Utgar's Rage" and what have you.

I myself wouldn't mind a master set, and I wouldn't care if it were terrain-free since I got plenty in that department. It just sounds like a lot of work to assemble a whole MS' worth of custom figures.

Maybe if some other game released a MS-sized pack and the C3V team managed to make customs of every unit included.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old July 6th, 2015, 11:53 AM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post

Maybe if some other game released a MS-sized pack and the C3V team managed to make customs of every unit included.

~TAF
Arena of the Plainswalkers?
Old July 6th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by betawolf36 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post

~TAF
Arena of the Plainswalkers?
Unpainted minis

Blood of Gruumsh could have worked for at least part of a "master set" with maybe a few other unique heroes added in on the side of the alliance, since it seems to me like a lot of those figures are going to be Utgar or Vakrill
Old July 6th, 2015, 01:51 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

One downside of grabbing some boxed set and making units for every miniature in it is that once you get down to the bottom of the barrel you're stuck with using the worst sculpts. On their own, some of these minis would probably never got chosen, but now they have to be used because there's a commitment to use every figure in the box regardless of its quality. Executioner 616, for example, will no doubt have fabulous gameplay, but I'll have to proxy something instead of the skunkbot.

Anyway, I hope they continue to do as much a la carte design as they can manage, even if it means smaller releases. I'd much rather see quality than quantity.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old July 6th, 2015, 02:23 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
One downside of grabbing some boxed set and making units for every miniature in it is that once you get down to the bottom of the barrel you're stuck with using the worst sculpts. On their own, some of these minis would probably never got chosen, but now they have to be used because there's a commitment to use every figure in the box regardless of its quality. Executioner 616, for example, will no doubt have fabulous gameplay, but I'll have to proxy something instead of the skunkbot.

Anyway, I hope they continue to do as much a la carte design as they can manage, even if it means smaller releases. I'd much rather see quality than quantity.
100% agree, but in the case of Blood of Gruumsh (which I think was an incredible choice btw) most of the figures can be easily seen as HS figures, the Mage Knight set was a great choice as well. The Executioner 616 I agree with, and I'm not a huge fan of that choice of figure. You'd just have to be careful that in a set that is used, all the figures are worthwhile additions to the game. Sure, that could mean you have fewer choices, but not all figures need to come from a set.
Old July 7th, 2015, 02:58 PM

Buddy412 knows what's in an order marker Buddy412 knows what's in an order marker

www.miniaturemarket.com just restocked a bunch of "Dust Tactics." They are prepainted, to scale and best of all... on clearance!

Here are a couple examples:

Primadons without power armor:
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/bfmdt077.html

Units kinda similar to the incindiborgs:
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/bfmdt057.html

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/bfmdt058.html

Jandar power armored infantry:
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/ffgdt055.html

Online HS record: 5-5 after two events
Live HS record: 4-2 2nd place after one event
Old July 7th, 2015, 03:00 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Alas, those are all unpainted.
Old July 7th, 2015, 03:01 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy412 View Post
www.miniaturemarket.com just restocked a bunch of "Dust Tactics." They are prepainted, to scale and best of all... on clearance!

Here are a couple examples:

Primadons without power armor:
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/bfmdt077.html

Units kinda similar to the incindiborgs:
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/bfmdt057.html

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/bfmdt058.html

Jandar power armored infantry:
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/ffgdt055.html
Unsure where you are seeing they are painted, I see this at the end of all of those you mentioned.

All miniatures are supplied unpainted and may require assembly.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old July 7th, 2015, 03:06 PM

Buddy412 knows what's in an order marker Buddy412 knows what's in an order marker

Guy at my LGS told me that all Dust Tactics made by fantasy flight were prepainted. I've been duped!

Think I'm still gonna grab the primadons for customs.

Online HS record: 5-5 after two events
Live HS record: 4-2 2nd place after one event
Old July 7th, 2015, 03:11 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy412 View Post
Guy at my LGS told me that all Dust Tactics made by fantasy flight were prepainted. I've been duped!

Think I'm still gonna grab the primadons for customs.
I think through Dusts website, you can pay a premium and get them pre-painted by experts.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old July 7th, 2015, 03:31 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
The main reason we (meaning C3V) have never attempted any sort of master set is that we have no terrain to put in it, so it wouldn't really feel like a master set. If that ever changes one day, we would certainly consider doing something along those lines.
I toyed with the idea of creating new Kyrie ruins for classic Scape around a year ago. I stopped simply because I didn't think it would be generally accepted by the community at large, especially since you would have to print it out and assemble it.

If anyone thinks that might not be an issue I'd like to hear about it, especially if you guys think it could tie into the C3V project

Last edited by Grishnakh; July 8th, 2015 at 08:14 AM.
Old July 7th, 2015, 03:49 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I would jump all over that.
Very cool Grish.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs