Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape
Battlefields of Star Wars Scape HoSS Maps and Scenarios

Notices

Old March 31st, 2015, 11:03 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
Re: The Design Holocron of Hoth Generator Ruins(Playtest Pha

Yeah, go ahead and make a post in the Playtesting Thread that this one is available for testing and link to this thread. I'll add it to the OP of the Playtest Thread.
Old April 14th, 2015, 07:14 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Here is that PT report I promised you.

Overall Look:
Looks good, like some crumbling ruins amid an icy winter so perfect for the theme you are going for.

Stability: The only wall sections that seemed to want to tip over were the end pieces, switching those out for middle wall sections should solve that problem.

Build difficulty: Easy to build, mostly flat so not many layers to figure out where things go.

Size: It is not very big but the many LOS blockers obstruct vision such that one start zone is not necessarily destroying the other start zone on OM1.

Unit types positively affected: With the snow & ice rules in play, any snow or ice related powers are well used, especially since the only high ground is snow covered. Some minimal shadow available for units that can benefit from them but they are all on the lowest ground so they are not too useful. Melee units like the many LOS blockers, giving them a chance to engage the opponents shooters. Road tiles right in the middle of the map will give aide to those units that gain a boost from the road.

Unit types negatively affected: Sniper type units that just want to sit in one spot will find limited targets. 4 figure bonded squads may find it difficult to move everyone up into an attack position. Units that rely on having high ground may find it difficult to get and maintain high ground.

Key areas on the Map: Road tiles at center of map, snowy high ground along each side, area behind large ice rocks were useful for flanking.

Areas not used much or at all: I really didn't drop down into the shadow tiles much at all given the units I used since giving the opponent a +1 attack from high ground is better then the +1 defense you get in return.

Game 1:
Spoiler Alert!

Game 2:
Spoiler Alert!

Final Thoughts: Fun map with some tactical flexibility for different types of troops.
Old April 15th, 2015, 09:28 AM

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

YK, are you going to post these results as a playtest for Hoth Han too?
Old April 15th, 2015, 12:05 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Already did, that report was based on the Hoth Han initial I did a while ago.
Old April 15th, 2015, 04:04 PM

Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby!

I really like this map and wish I had the sets to build it. It looks perfect for Hoth Han too! Maybe once it gets an Online Scape file I'll be able to play on it.

And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and you will receive eternal life."
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.
My Customs
Old April 16th, 2015, 07:51 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

I can do that !

Just clic HERE.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old April 16th, 2015, 09:34 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Thanks DL! I'm able to move it into the HoSS folder once the map is finalized.
Old April 16th, 2015, 03:48 PM

I'm hoping to run a game or two on this map this weekend.
Old April 17th, 2015, 07:12 AM

Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby!

Sweet! Then I definitely give give this a go!

And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and you will receive eternal life."
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.
My Customs
Old April 22nd, 2015, 02:02 PM

I played a game on this map the other day. I liked it; the action starts quickly. I used heavy snow and slippery ice. The battle was Zelrig, Braxas, Marro Warriors and C3PO versus Obi-Wan, Padawan Luke and Yoda. A few comments:
- I agree with Yodaking that the shadow tiles aren't really useful since they are height disadvantaged. I avoided them whenever possible. Maybe they should be made even ground to the surrounding terrain with a shadow tile on it?
- My biggest concern is that there is height advantage right next to the start zone for ranged figures to shoot at the melee figures approaching up the middle. True, the columns help to limit the shot availability, but it would be nice to have some height near the center for melee figures to rest on. Or maybe a glyph there.
Old April 22nd, 2015, 10:38 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

thank you for the feedback @Porkins , we'll run a few more tests and see what changes are in order on the shadow tile placement.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 22nd, 2015, 10:48 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I played a game on this map the other day. I liked it; the action starts quickly. I used heavy snow and slippery ice. The battle was Zelrig, Braxas, Marro Warriors and C3PO versus Obi-Wan, Padawan Luke and Yoda. A few comments:
- I agree with Yodaking that the shadow tiles aren't really useful since they are height disadvantaged. I avoided them whenever possible. Maybe they should be made even ground to the surrounding terrain with a shadow tile on it?
- My biggest concern is that there is height advantage right next to the start zone for ranged figures to shoot at the melee figures approaching up the middle. True, the columns help to limit the shot availability, but it would be nice to have some height near the center for melee figures to rest on. Or maybe a glyph there.
The reason the shadow tiles are not on even ground was due to lack of available tiles. Maybe if we took away some of the high ground, those tiles could be placed under the shadow, but then that does not leave much if any high ground on that map at all. Another option would be to replace some of the shadow tiles with more castle wall sections, I know some of those were still left over.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape