Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Old May 24th, 2007, 07:57 PM

tmacdagreat has disabled reputation
American Idol

What do you think of the results?

«cookie - once you have it, you love it.»
http://www.heroscapers.com/images/05.gif
Old May 24th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Unless the studio burned down and the show got canceled I could care less what the results were. American Idol is the worst show ever.
Old May 24th, 2007, 08:09 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Unless the studio burned down and the show got canceled I could care less what the results were. American Idol is the worst show ever.
Amen.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 24th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Oh lord in heaven not this...

The fact that I hear more about some little girl winning a karaoke contest than missing soldiers in Iraq on the news both saddens and sickens me.
Old May 24th, 2007, 08:23 PM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Any reason why you think this? I thought it too, before I watched a season.

I didn't watch too much this season, but I really don't understand the persistent hatred of this show.

I view it as a chance for the average man/woman to achieve their dreams. It is a show that grants the unattainable to those who would have had no idea how to get there themselves. And yes, it is less important than the number of soldiers who died in Iraq today, I would rather hear people talking about this instead of what the next rich rapper or pop star did in rehab.

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman
Old May 24th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Chimpy, I think you're missing the point. You're right, some bubbly pop song is not more important than loss of life, or political turmoil. Two men are missing, gone, without a trace, dying or dead in a far off country as their families pray for their safety. Which random 19-year-old winning a televised contest is NOT more important news than that, but for some reason, people act as if it is.

For example, earlier today I was watching the news. The castor began to talk about an unsolved murder in a nearby town, spending, oh, 30 seconds to a minute on it. Then they begin to chat about American Idol for at least two and a half minutes. A man was just killed in cold blood, with no one convicted due to it, and people care more about a little girl that can sing. Why? Ugh, sometimes America disgusts me...
Old May 24th, 2007, 09:15 PM

So why blame it all on American Idol?

Surely the amount of news time devoted to the breakup of the Beatles is due to this? Perhaps the amount of news coverage on Elvis' death can be boiled down to Idol too. I am sure that Star Magazine is only successful because of American Idol.

You should not be mad at the show. It is the news stations that need to take the blame for what you are describing.

EDIT: The explanation for why Americans feel it is more important is quite simple. People are involved with Idol. They get to vote on who wins. They get to watch the stars change before their eyes, those singers become the next door neighbors.

Those two soldiers are just that- two soldiers. Never mind the loss of life. Two more nameless people died. Nobody is America feels connected to the War in Iraq; nobody could care less if another life was taken in a far random town. It is just a factoid to most Americans. Until you can personalize those two soldiers, until you can relate that victim to somebody's life, nobody is going to care.

Old May 24th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

I suppose your right, it's the media's fault.

But I'll get back on topic - American Idol is an overhyped, uninteresting karaoke contest.
Old May 24th, 2007, 09:26 PM

See the edit I wrote while you posted.

Old May 24th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpy
See the edit I wrote while you posted.
But still... sigh. Maybe I'm just too nice a person.
Old May 24th, 2007, 09:35 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
American Idol is to Television as a baby is to a diaper.
Old May 24th, 2007, 09:42 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
But wouldn't the family of the two soldiers(plus any more soldiers that die) want to know what happened, how, and why there loved one died? But instead, they hear more about a teenage girl winning a major kareoke(sp?) contest? I'm not taking sides, I'm just stating my opinion. And yes, it is the media's fault for spending more time about 'American Idol' instead of murders, people dying, etc. I saw last season only because Elliot Yamin was on it(he's from Richmond) Other than that, the shows a little annoying since the only thing I hear about on the news during the season is...... 'AMERICAN IDOL'!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media