Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old September 12th, 2019, 01:17 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: 10 Points Under - Heroscape Casting Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Noice! Yeah, played a little aggressive for being short on points and figures, but it worked out...I trusted good 'ol Nilfy to pull me through!
Yeah, and you never pushed your luck too much. I think in general I was just expecting you to pull some of the tricks that OEAO pulled in your video with him. Though either way it was excellent play!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old September 12th, 2019, 03:03 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

It's a tough map for the Dividers to get into action against Nilfheim, without some timely divides and/or if the Greenscales have been whittled out.

Leading Sonlen would have been an interesting change. out ranging Nilfheim means you can definitely draw him in, but still it would be tricky to catch him since Sonlen probably won't last too long if Nilfheim chooses to engages, and when and where you switch over to dividers would be key.
Old September 12th, 2019, 03:33 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
It's a tough map for the Dividers to get into action against Nilfheim, without some timely divides and/or if the Greenscales have been whittled out.

Leading Sonlen would have been an interesting change. out ranging Nilfheim means you can definitely draw him in, but still it would be tricky to catch him since Sonlen probably won't last too long if Nilfheim chooses to engages, and when and where you switch over to dividers would be key.
Yeah...this map in general is kinda hard on melee for vs range match-ups, especially if you do it right and kite like a boss. Honestly surprised this was chosen as a GC Map.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 18th, 2019, 09:42 AM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Time for the grand finale of OHS 33! It's the championship showdown between @Viideosayg and @kevindola !! And what better time to get our first special guest commentator to join with us -- it's the expert Heroscaper and 3-time (right?) GenCon Main Event Champion: @dok !! This is a great game and dok has some expert thoughts to share, so don't miss this one!

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old September 18th, 2019, 11:27 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Time for the grand finale of OHS 33! It's the championship showdown between @Viideosayg and @kevindola !! And what better time to get our first special guest commentator to join with us -- it's the expert Heroscaper and 3-time (right?) GenCon Main Event Champion: @dok !! This is a great game and dok has some expert thoughts to share, so don't miss this one!

https://youtu.be/M2kqsubcNMA
Damn, you guys let that scrub on?

Excited to watch this one!
Old September 18th, 2019, 12:54 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

For the record, I was indeed terrified of Heirloom going into this matchup and was so relieved he received no early turns. Much of my first round placement and some 2nd round was re counting where Heirloom's threat range was from the road.
Old September 18th, 2019, 02:01 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
For the record, I was indeed terrified of Heirloom going into this matchup and was so relieved he received no early turns. Much of my first round placement and some 2nd round was re counting where Heirloom's threat range was from the road.
Yeah, I realized later that the non-placement of the third Roman up front on turn 3 was probably to avoid the potential of a 3-hit with Force Orb. Also, possibly, you wanted to stick with moving just five Romans that turn instead of six.
Old September 21st, 2019, 11:46 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Subbed on Youtube. Stopped by to say that I really like these videos!

I’m not particularly a fan of the top down 2D onlinescape, but I love hearing the banter and I especially like hearing your guys’ thought processes on how each scenario/unit/turn should/could influence the battle. This is the kind of thing I wish I had more time to learn, the matchups and ins + outs of each unit. Well, I guess I just wish I had more time to be actively playing Heroscape, lol.

Nice job guys.
Old September 22nd, 2019, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post

https://youtu.be/M2kqsubcNMA
Damn, you guys let that scrub on?

Excited to watch this one!
Well, we only had 10 points to work with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
Subbed on Youtube. Stopped by to say that I really like these videos!

I’m not particularly a fan of the top down 2D onlinescape, but I love hearing the banter and I especially like hearing your guys’ thought processes on how each scenario/unit/turn should/could influence the battle. This is the kind of thing I wish I had more time to learn, the matchups and ins + outs of each unit. Well, I guess I just wish I had more time to be actively playing Heroscape, lol.

Nice job guys.
Woah, thanks for stopping by! It's great to hear from a YouTube legend!

There are definitely pros and cons to onlinescape, and the 2D element isn't my favorite either in all honesty (though it is better than nothing and it does help me when calculating threat range). I do like how it allows for commentary, though, since doing so with a real life game would need a rig to see the whole battlefield as well as dice rolls. I'd love to set that up for a video once in a while, but screen capture is just so much easier. I also like not being trapped by geographic location -- we can get games from top players across the country.

I'm glad you're enjoying it! Getting to banter with True is definitely a huge part of why I wanted to start this up!

10 Points Under Videos

Old September 26th, 2019, 08:13 PM

Sorry for the late video! I had a slew of IRL stuff hit me all in a row, and this one needed a bit more editing than usual, so when I finally got it ready to export last night I ... fell asleep. But! Here's a game from the play testing tournament going on right now, starring @Chris Perkins and @Sir Heroscape ! And what's more, we have @superfrog joining us to provide his expert insight as a C3V Lead Playtester! Check out some in-development units with some assessment from one of the guys whose job it is to ... assess them!

10 Points Under Videos

Old September 27th, 2019, 12:00 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I thought that last play with the Intercepter was pretty obvious. All last three drudge were on swamp and height. To attack all three I’d have had to take low ground and those wouldn’t have been good odds. Intercepter was a chance at 5v3 for a kill and even if I didn’t I was engaging 2 of the drudge to force attacks on the Intercepter instead of the Warwitvh. Unfortunately he 1-shotted Intercepter on the first attacks and then finished the warwitch. True if I’d gone warwitch I would have potentially killed 1 or 2 drudge and limited attacks anyway, but I was going for the safer OM3 play for that if the Intercepter was able to survive and keep them engaged. Seemed like a pretty sound strategy.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 2nd, 2019, 12:03 PM

No video this week. True got a new job a little bit ago and I've started clinicals with my schooling, and both of those changes got us behind to where we were scrambling each week to get the video up. We decided it would be better to make life a little less stressful and give ourselves a week to get back ahead on schedule since recording is more fun when it's not trying to nail deadlines.

With that, we could use a bunch more games to record! Our stockpile is dwindling so we'd love to get some more footage. If you're okay with us recording games you play let me know when you throw down and I'll try to be there ready to press record.

I also wanted to put out feelers for what people would think of us trying to do a live game? I've been thinking of trying to do something for NHSD this month, and I was thinking a live game would be cool where we can get people talking about the game in the comments (responding to commentary, making observations, calling me and True out, etc.). We're working on the potential schedule of that, but I wanted to see what a general response would be (we'd probably try to schedule it for a weekend).

10 Points Under Videos

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports