Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

View Poll Results: Which Group of Units are Better?
Wyrmlings 33 51.56%
Elementals 31 48.44%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 18th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Unit Debate #51 -- Wyrmlings vs. Elementals

I ask that you don't use this format without permission to preserve the quality of the Unit Debates and avoid confusion.

Wyrmlings
Spoiler Alert!

Elementals
(If you feel the army debate would be closer with Kurrok in the army, you may include him.)
Spoiler Alert!

This Unit Debate was selected by southwest ninja.

1. Stats/Special Powers

2. Playability

3. Overall Usefulness

4. Who Would Win Head-To-Head

5. Army Builds

6. Best Strategic Use

7. Situational Usefulness

8. Best in Dungeon Crawl
Old February 18th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Unit Debate #51 -- Wyrmlings vs. Elementals

I do realize this Unit Debate is bit of a stretch into an Army Debate, but I realized too late to make any changes.

EDIT: If you feel the army debate would be closer with Kurrok in the army, you may include him.
Old February 18th, 2011, 08:49 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

Definitely Elementals, especially if you throw Kurrok in the mix. They can keep coming back and have better stats along with what I think are better and cooler abilities. I have played both armies as well and would choose Elementals 100% of the time.
Old February 18th, 2011, 09:19 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Going with the wyrmlings on this one. Yes, the elementals become (infinitely) more competitive with Kurrok in the mix, but a few Black Wyrmlings can solve that problem pretty quickly. Once the leader is gone, the wyrms go from be outnumbered 3 - 2 per OM, instead taking a 2 - 1 advantage.

All of the baby dragons fly, which gets them pretty easily around the Air Elementals. The versatility in choice of multi-attacks will help to chew up the enemy, which will be helpful in the face of those big, bad Fire and Earth Elementals.

All-in-all, it could be a pretty close match (depending upon the total points), but I'll go with the wyrmlings for the win more often than not.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old February 18th, 2011, 09:25 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Going with the wyrmlings on this one. Yes, the elementals become (infinitely) more competitive with Kurrok in the mix, but a few Black Wyrmlings can solve that problem pretty quickly. Once the leader is gone, the wyrms go from be outnumbered 3 - 2 per OM, instead taking a 2 - 1 advantage.

All of the baby dragons fly, which gets them pretty easily around the Air Elementals. The versatility in choice of multi-attacks will help to chew up the enemy, which will be helpful in the face of those big, bad Fire and Earth Elementals.

All-in-all, it could be a pretty close match (depending upon the total points), but I'll go with the wyrmlings for the win more often than not.
But if you have the flying ability the Air Elemental is going to own the crap out of you.
Old February 18th, 2011, 09:55 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker

Elementals all the way! The Air Elemental will carry the game against the flying Wyrmlings quite easily. Add Kurrok and it's an all-out rout.

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old February 18th, 2011, 10:56 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassistofDoom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post

But if you have the flying ability the Air Elemental is going to own the crap out of you.
Ah, yes, I was thinking only of Swirling Vortex. I think either side of this one would require some careful planning, and first blood may count for quite a bit. However, I still feel that, once Kurrok goes down, this becomes very one-sided.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old February 18th, 2011, 11:09 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Elementals have better army names:

Hurricane(All air)
Tidal Wave(All water)
Earthquake(All earth)
And of course Firestorm(All fire)

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old February 18th, 2011, 11:59 PM

Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker

The 3 attacks per OM really is the deciding factor. Once Kurrok falls, the Wyrmlings will probably take over though.
Old February 19th, 2011, 11:52 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

The Elementals are only good in limited combinations, all involving Kurrok. The Wyrmlings are top-notch fillers that can be helpful in lots of armies. Head-to-head, the Elementals probably have the advantage, but only assuming that Kurrock is involved-- otherwise there's no question that the Wyrmlings would win. If I was building a double-blind tournament army, I'd rather have Wyrmlings along-- I've played games in which just a couple Black Wyrmlings made a huge difference.
Old February 20th, 2011, 12:30 AM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

Elementals kind of need their own army, whereas Wyrmlings are the perfect add-in to an army lacking special attacks. I don't really consider them in the same category in that sense. I probably end up using Wyrmlings more overall, just because they fit into more armies. However, if I had to choose either an all Wyrmling army or an all Elemental army, I would go Elementals.
Old February 20th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313
Elementals have better army names:

Hurricane(All air)
Tidal Wave(All water)
Earthquake(All earth)
And of course Firestorm(All fire)
I was thinking...
Tornado (All air)
A hurricane involves water, where a tornado is all air baby
Though the hurricane has a great Scorpion's song and is mascot for the U... peace

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; March 2nd, 2011 at 07:36 PM. Reason: my vote is for baby braxas

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units