Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old October 24th, 2022, 02:11 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Smurf along with me: la la la-la la la!

Now on to move:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
have the move arrow go NE, then N (counter-clockwise). That way it goes around the number and is more obvious.
I think the current Move icon is perfect. Don't overdo the background by adding "noise"--cracked texture--that distracts from the arrow, which is the important component.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xorlof
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Also, I think solid white for the numbers would look better.
Is it that you want them brighter or that you don't like the icon showing through them? If the latter, the sample below has opaque, but not white text. I will also give a sample with white text soon (and with the arrow change I mentioned in that previous paragraph).
Brighter, solid white numbers will make them pop. It keeps the background icons just that, background. This looks better and better.

Here is the latest sample. I think we are narrowing in on better/final icon concepts:

Quote:
One additional change I want to try with the move icon is adding in a nod to the "cracked" texture from a Heroscape tile to the hexes, at least subtly.

Thank you all![/QUOTE]
Old October 24th, 2022, 02:57 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

This is looking really good!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 24th, 2022, 06:46 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Xorlof , if I were to make them I'd prefer the foot icon for move, but the other one looks fine too. I think whatever gets the point across best is the best call.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 6th, 2022, 11:38 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I just thought I would pop in here to let y'all know this is coming along nicely with various tweaks and cleanups.

I ended up biting the bullet and re-re-creating the template in SVG which is a super-tweakable format and (with an eye to the future) will allow an online card creator with high-quality effects to be more easily be realized, making the template accessible to pretty much everyone with a web browser.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old December 6th, 2022, 12:04 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
I just thought I would pop in here to let y'all know this is coming along nicely with various tweaks and cleanups.

I ended up biting the bullet and re-re-creating the template in SVG which is a super-tweakable format and (with an eye to the future) will allow an online card creator with high-quality effects to be more easily be realized, making the template accessible to pretty much everyone with a web browser.
That's great news! By "coming along nicely" do you mean creating cards for all the classic and VC designs? Or are you still making tweaks to the template itself?

I love the sound of the online card creator. I'd really love to be able to standardize all my customs and official cards with one format.

--
--
--

--
Old April 15th, 2023, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post

That's great news! By "coming along nicely" do you mean creating cards for all the classic and VC designs? Or are you still making tweaks to the template itself?

I love the sound of the online card creator. I'd really love to be able to standardize all my customs and official cards with one format.
Any update here? I'm very eager to get cards in this format!

--
--
--

--
Old April 15th, 2023, 06:50 PM

Oops, meant to tag @Xorlof in that post

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations