Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old August 14th, 2023, 12:21 AM

gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Master Roshi's Custom Terrain

Incredible work man
Old August 28th, 2023, 11:01 AM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

First- this terrain is excellent, and has definitely given me ideas on terrain I hope to make once I have my workshop set up again. Great work, rep incoming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Also I use floral foam blocks because they're easier to cut into the shapes I want
Second- you may already know this, but in case you don't (or anybody else wants to recreate your work) I suggest you be very careful with this material. Floral foam is fairly hazardous and is generally considered a bad material for terrain crafting. I wouldn't use floral foam for crafting without a respirator and gloves, and even then I'd still likely avoid it. I would recommend something like XPS foam, which is affordable and isn't particularly hazardous unless you're using a hot wire cutter or something.
Old August 28th, 2023, 12:17 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
First- this terrain is excellent, and has definitely given me ideas on terrain I hope to make once I have my workshop set up again. Great work, rep incoming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Also I use floral foam blocks because they're easier to cut into the shapes I want
Second- you may already know this, but in case you don't (or anybody else wants to recreate your work) I suggest you be very careful with this material. Floral foam is fairly hazardous and is generally considered a bad material for terrain crafting. I wouldn't use floral foam for crafting without a respirator and gloves, and even then I'd still likely avoid it. I would recommend something like XPS foam, which is affordable and isn't particularly hazardous unless you're using a hot wire cutter or something.

I see, I'll take a look into it. Thanks!
Old March 29th, 2024, 04:45 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Aeon by Flash_19, now permanently made from wood!

Everything but the trees and ruins are glued down. I decided not to permanently attach those pieces so that its easier to transport and less likely for something to break off
Old March 29th, 2024, 09:25 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The pictures aren't showing up. In fact, it looks like all of them have vanished from this thread.

Looking forward to seeing it!
Old March 29th, 2024, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
The pictures aren't showing up. In fact, it looks like all of them have vanished from this thread.

Looking forward to seeing it!

What browser are you using? I can see it in both firefox and edge

Can anyone else not see it? There are six images
Old March 29th, 2024, 10:21 PM

Here they are using a different hosting site
Old March 30th, 2024, 09:06 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That looks great. Desert terrain in the sunlight really pops.
Old March 30th, 2024, 11:53 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Interesting. I saw the pictures yesterday, but now I no longer see them. Using Firefox.
Old March 30th, 2024, 01:27 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So all of the pictures work on my desktop (Chrome), but only the second hosting site worked on my phone.

Anyway, the map looks awesome! I like the intentional use of stones on the grass terrain to distinguish each hex. The road tiles also have a great aesthetic. The stone hexes by the large ruin get a little hard to distinguish, but overall the map itself is well suited for clear hex designation.

With the removable trees and ruins, you could even hang it for storage.
Old March 30th, 2024, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
So all of the pictures work on my desktop (Chrome), but only the second hosting site worked on my phone.

Anyway, the map looks awesome! I like the intentional use of stones on the grass terrain to distinguish each hex. The road tiles also have a great aesthetic. The stone hexes by the large ruin get a little hard to distinguish, but overall the map itself is well suited for clear hex designation.

With the removable trees and ruins, you could even hang it for storage.

Thank you for the input! I may some rock piles to that section to separate the individual hexes better

I'm already close to being done with my second piece made from wood, it's not an entire map and instead a smaller set piece, but I think it's going to come out well. I'm also adding marble tiles to this one
Old March 30th, 2024, 06:56 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Now I see all the pics again. Neat idea!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles