Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 22nd, 2015, 04:08 PM

Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Ronan

Even with the new wording it's still a paradox. You can only use the push if you are going to attack with the SA, but you can't attack with the SA if the push is unable to move everyone out of the way.

In these cases, there was never a time during that turn when it was even legal for Ronan to target his Accused in the first place. If it was never possible to target the Accused, then it was not possible to use the special attack.

Sorry guys, but I have to be honest here: patching it in the R&Cs feels like a cheat, especially when you had options for making it work the way you want (and clearly you were willing to recast the text, so having to make new cards apparently wasn't an obstacle). The rewrite pushed the problem around on the plate but didn't actually solve it.

(Do you want that kind of honest feedback?)

Good traders: Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74, Clipper423, Oh Freek,
Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112, itsbuzzi & more on my trade list
Old September 22nd, 2015, 04:41 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like your honest feedback. I disagree with you in this case though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 22nd, 2015, 06:51 PM

Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun Just_a_Bill is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I like your honest feedback. I disagree with you in this case though.
On which part? Do you disagree that it's a paradox, disagree that paradoxes should be avoided, disagree that there were other options, or something else?

I can try to avoid wasting anyone's time in the future if I know which logic corridors to skip.

Good traders: Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74, Clipper423, Oh Freek,
Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112, itsbuzzi & more on my trade list
Old September 22nd, 2015, 07:53 PM
Looking where the light is better

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I'm fine with the "Before using" language to indicate that the push happens before targeting, although it seems a little off that the "targeting" part of the power comes before the "Before using" part.

Also, the card's going to need an update either way; the current version of Universal Weapon Special Attack starts off by referring to our favorite Accuser as Ronin. I'd hate to be the only guy limited to targeting the Accused.
Old September 23rd, 2015, 06:01 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

I definitely appreciate your honestly, JaB, but I disagree that the new wording creates a paradox. Like Ronin pointed out, the "before using this special attack" wording comes before Ronan would target his Accused, so no paradox. It's not pretty, but it's the best we could come up with (any of the discussed alternatives were getting too text heavy and would probably confuse the casual player more).

Good catch on the typo, Ronin, and you make a fair point about the order of the power. In the original power the targeting line was at the end, but we moved it to the beginning for clarity; but now it seems out of place and probably should be put back at the end.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old October 23rd, 2015, 05:25 PM

redcometx knows what's in an order marker redcometx knows what's in an order marker redcometx knows what's in an order marker

Just a reminder that there is a spelling error on this guy's card.

Should be Ronan not Ronin in the Universal Weapon special attack.
Old October 23rd, 2015, 11:48 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcometx View Post
Just a reminder that there is a spelling error on this guy's card.

Should be Ronan not Ronin in the Universal Weapon special attack.
Nice catch, thanks.

@A3n

Try to remember that we are here on the site to give each other help and joy, not grief and irritation. - David Harrison Dyer Revdyer
RIP
Old October 23rd, 2015, 11:53 PM
"Special Eyes"

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

I am confused now.

A3n posted an update on 9/20, but that doesn't match what is in the SP, which doesn't match JAB's suggested wording posts.

I'll have to look into this more this weekend.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - WAVE 33 - BATMAN FOREVER
Old October 24th, 2015, 06:45 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
I am confused now.

A3n posted an update on 9/20, but that doesn't match what is in the SP, which doesn't match JAB's suggested wording posts.

I'll hold off updating until a final wording has been agreed then.
Old November 7th, 2015, 06:14 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
I am confused now.

Heh, this is mess. We officially voted to change the wording a little while back, which is what A3n updated the cards to; but apparently the SP never got updated, and there's a typo in the new wording, and there's some debate about if the new wording is the best it could be.

If we just fix the typo, the card and the SP needs updated to this:

Quote:
HONOR BOUND
At the start of the game, choose an opponent’s Unique or Event Hero to be Accused. Before rolling for initiative, if the chosen Accused figure is no longer on the battlefield, you may choose another opponent’s Unique or Event Hero to be Accused.

KREE TACTICIAN
Kree figures you control adjacent to Ronan add 1 die to their normal attack and 1 die to their defense.

UNIVERSAL WEAPON SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3. Attack 6.
Ronan may not target any figure except for his Accused figure with this special attack. Before using this special attack, if Ronan's Accused figure is within 3 clear sight spaces of Ronan, you may push all figures adjacent to Ronan by placing them each on an empty space within 1 space of their original placement. Figures moved by this special attack cannot be placed adjacent to Ronan, will not take any leaving engagement attacks, but will receive any falling damage that may apply.
Though as was discussed, it might not be a bad idea to move the "Ronan may not target any figure except for his Accused figure with this special attack" back to the end of the power, since the following line comes before the SA is used (which is also before targeting occurs).

@TrollBrute , @IAmBatman , @Karat , @johnny139 , @SirGalahad ; thoughts?

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old November 7th, 2015, 07:40 PM
His sweat is highly explosive

Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun Karat is a penguin with a machine gun

It should probably go at the end due to the use of "Before using this special attack".
Old November 7th, 2015, 07:54 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't have a good bead on this one (and am in major catch up mode right now). I'll have to trust you guys.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library