Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old June 7th, 2014, 01:49 PM

Blatimus knows what's in an order marker Blatimus knows what's in an order marker
Re: HoME Design Thread

Recently I've gotten back into Heroscape as my school responsibilities have cooled off a bit. My son and I have been playing a game a day 5 days out of the week. He is big on the Hobbit and LOTRs and currently reading through the Hobbit. So I picked up Heroclix figures Gandalf, Gimli, Strider, and Legolas.

Of course getting LOTRs figures brought me here to find out how to bring them to the game.

Reading though what you have done so far I have to say you have accomplished quite a bit and I am impressed what you have done to the development of an expansive new master set. I particularly like your consensus on Gandalf.

Since this first Master Set will be centered around Fellowship of the Ring, I suggest special Divisions of Heroes and Squads perhaps unique to this portion of the story. As the game progresses to further along the plot line alliances change and paths diverge. These considerations may help in placing order markers and movement.

All that being said, I suggest that you group the four Hobbits into a unique squad and then later divide them into 2 figure unique squads. This will greatly help in movement and attacks since thematically these characters typically act together. This suggestion isn't original to me in that previous discussion has considered similar treatment of the 13 dwarves of the Hobbit storyline.

Anyway, Great Work! Hopefully with summer your project development will be underway with full steam ahead.
Old September 4th, 2014, 12:19 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
What needs to happen next, Infectedsloth? Do we need to discuss more changes or are we ready for Playtesting?
@infectedsloth ?

Your custom probably has too much Defense.
--
Come join the Heroes of Middle Earth in creating Lord of the Rings Customs!
--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 3rd, 2014, 11:14 PM

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

Quote:
@infectedsloth ? Are you still interested in being responsible for these two hobbits? We need to move them on to playtesting to make room for The One Ring and Strider.

--
--
Old December 3rd, 2014, 11:26 PM

Speaking of The One Ring, I believe this is what we had for it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
INVISIBILITY
At the start of the round, before placing order markers, you must place the One Ring Treasure Glyph power side up or power side down on this figure's Army Card. If the One Ring Treasure Glyph is power side up on this figure's Army Card and this figure is small, medium, or large, this figure has no visible hit zone, does not have clear sight to any non-adjacent figures, and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

INFLUENCE OF THE RING
Before taking a turn with a friendly Unique Hero within 2 clear sight spaces of this figure you must roll the 20-sided die. If that figure is a Hobbit, subtract 1 from your die roll. If you roll an 18 or higher, the player controlling that army card must choose an opponent. That opponent will now control the friendly figure for the remainder of the turn.At the end of that turn, control of the friendly figure returns to the player who initially controlled it.

BETRAYAL OF THE RING
At the end of the round, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 20, choose an opponent. That opponent must place the One Ring Treasure Glyph power side down on any empty space adjacent to this figure.

--
--
Old June 5th, 2015, 09:29 PM

ImJustSaiyan Woo who?

I don't know if this project is dead but I've began making my own customs themed after the hobbit to be compatible with original heroscape. If you guys want me to drop some ideas in here let me know .
Old June 6th, 2015, 06:21 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImJustSaiyan View Post
I don't know if this project is dead but I've began making my own customs themed after the hobbit to be compatible with original heroscape. If you guys want me to drop some ideas in here let me know .
I don't think it stopped being short on ideas. There is a lot of different angles and approaches for a project like this.
Old June 11th, 2015, 02:52 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

I think the big problem is @capsocrates , he just doesn't have enough time.

I'll wait here for the kettle and pot jokes.

~JS
Old September 4th, 2015, 06:21 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

If you guys are ok with the revival of this thread I'll post what I'm thinking.
-First we gather all members that were part of the design team that are still interested in doing this project.
-Gather together an outline of what figures will be done in what releases, what factions,etc.(I have done an outline up that looks pretty promising.)
-Set up a template for how the cards will be. I have an idea that will probably look pretty good, and flow somewhat with original scape but keeping this project separate. I will probably consult @JESUSFREAK for this. As his template was probably the coolest one I have seen thus far. With some minor tweaks.
-After a new team is formed, we should set expectations of the team members(Playtesting,Discussion,voting,etc.) and any expectations of any site members that want to join the HOME design team.

I'm thinking we could design the characters and release them in order that the movies came out. I say movies(not so much books) because we are basing them off of heroclix minis that are from the movies. So first release might be.
THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING

First release could be:
The Fellowship
Gandalf the Grey
Frodo Baggins
Samwise Gamgee
Merry Brandybuck
Peregrin Took
Stider(Aragorn)
Boromir
Legolas
Gimli

Fallen Kings of Men
Ring Wraiths-Uncommon
Witch King
ETC.
I have a whole list of them, I just want to get anyone interested on board.
Old November 8th, 2015, 11:08 PM
"like" happy

Is there a link to any of the designs you guys were working on? I'm not finding any of the cards that were in process of design.
Old November 8th, 2015, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Is there a link to any of the designs you guys were working on? I'm not finding any of the cards that were in process of design.
Keep bugging me about it. I'll see if I can scrounge them up sometime this week.

--
--
Old November 9th, 2015, 10:45 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Keep bugging me about it. I'll see if I can scrounge them up sometime this week.
Its a deal. That way if we can get this project started again, we will have a quick reference of the work done on the units thus far.
Old November 29th, 2015, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Speaking of The One Ring, I believe this is what we had for it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
INVISIBILITY
At the start of the round, before placing order markers, you must place the One Ring Treasure Glyph power side up or power side down on this figure's Army Card. If the One Ring Treasure Glyph is power side up on this figure's Army Card and this figure is small, medium, or large, this figure has no visible hit zone, does not have clear sight to any non-adjacent figures, and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

INFLUENCE OF THE RING
Before taking a turn with a friendly Unique Hero within 2 clear sight spaces of this figure you must roll the 20-sided die. If that figure is a Hobbit, subtract 1 from your die roll. If you roll an 18 or higher, the player controlling that army card must choose an opponent. That opponent will now control the friendly figure for the remainder of the turn.At the end of that turn, control of the friendly figure returns to the player who initially controlled it.

BETRAYAL OF THE RING
At the end of the round, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 20, choose an opponent. That opponent must place the One Ring Treasure Glyph power side down on any empty space adjacent to this figure.
We did a lot of design work of this one in brainstorming. It might be ready for playtesting already.

--
--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs