Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old January 24th, 2019, 04:16 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Western NY Heroscape Club February Meet Up

Western NY Heroscape Club February Meet Up

What:
Free-for-All Heroscape!

Where:
Causal Dragon Games
136 Walnut St, Lockport, NY 14094

When:
Sunday February 17th, 2019
1:00 PM

I had a blast playing with @brandonwiker and friends last month, so I figured I’d hold another Heroscape outing to keep the momentum going.

This month I want to do free-for-all matches with drafted units. Below is a list of units I will be bringing to draft from. I will bring 2 large maps that can theoretically support 7 players each, meaning we can host a potential of 14 people. The sweet spot for these type of games is 4 to 5 players, but I will do anything to avoid 3 player games. If both maps are in use we will do a draft involving all players at once.

Reinforcements: Players will draft 500 point armies, starting with 12 starting spaces. You must place at least 240 points onto the board to start (use partial card scoring if necessary), with the rest of your army in reserve. In between rounds a player may place the entire remainder of their army in their starting zone if they desire. If a player’s entire initial army is destroyed then they must place the remainder of their army at the beginning of the following round.

Alliances are encouraged. These type of free-for-all games are defined by the careful diplomacy and making/breaking alliances at the proper time. Strong players will get ganged up on, and games will come down to the wire more often. That’s why I love this format.

I will be using some cherry picked Competitive Unit Congress units. The complete list of CUC units can be found here:
Competitive Unit Congress

Draftable Unit List:
Newbies and Counter-Drafts

3 sets of each Common unit and 2 of each Uncommon unit will be available, though once a unit has been picked they cannot be picked by anyone else.

Drow Chainfighter 25
Black Wyrmling 30
Red Wyrmling 30
Maltis Tez 35
Seleena 35
Sonya Esenwein 45
Brave Arrow 50
Me-Burq-Sa 50
Warriors of Ashra 50
Crypt Guardian 60
Darrak Ambershard 60
Deadeye Dan 60
Death Knights of Valkrill 60
Marro Stingers 60
Shaolin Monks (CUC) 60
Yi Feng 60
Mezzodemon Warmongers 65
Skull Demon 65
Axegrinders of Burning Forge 70
Deepwyrm Drow (CUC) 70
Garrett Burns 70
Mohican River Tribe 70
Phantom Knights 70
Zhen Yuan 70
10th Regiment of Foot 75
Nhah Scirh Cultists 80
Chen Tang 90
Empress Kiova 90
Marrden Hounds 90 (extra start zone tiles available)
Ne-Gok-Sa 90
Grok Riders (CUC) 100 (extra start zone tiles available)
Iron Golem 100
Krav Maga Agents 100
Pelloth (CUC) 100
Syvarris 100
Sentinels of Grax 100
Talingul 100
Van Nessing 105
Akumaken 110
Einar Imperium (CUC) 110
Minions of Utgar 110
Sgt Drake Alexander 110
Boreos 115
Agent Skahen 120
Krug 120
Mogrimm Forgehammer 120
Greater Ice Elemental 130
Master Lao Xin 130
Azazel the Kyrie Warrior 140
Sudema (CUC) 140
Werewolf Lord 140
Cyprien Esenwein 150
Augamo 155
Major Q9 180
Zelrig 185
Braxas 210

Complimentary Dund: The first player eliminated from the game will be given a complimentary Dund in their starting zone at the start of the next round.

I’m open to any and all comments/criticisms. If you plan on coming to this event, please comment below and I will add you to the list:

Attending:
1. Sir Dendrik
2. Lady Dendrik

Maybe:
1. brandonwiker
2. "Phil"
3. Coworker of Dendrik

@Taeblewalker

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.

Last edited by Sir Dendrik; February 5th, 2019 at 05:09 PM.
Old January 24th, 2019, 10:04 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Western NY Heroscape Club February Meet Up

Awesome, put me and “Phil” down for maybes. I haven’t received responses from the rest of the crew yet, but will I follow up with them and post here.
Old February 5th, 2019, 05:10 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Added one of my coworkers as a "Maybe".

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old February 13th, 2019, 04:25 PM

@brandonwiker Any chance we can turn some Maybe's over to Yes's?

That is assuming the weather isn't too treacherous come Sunday.

Old February 14th, 2019, 08:56 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post

Unfortunately I’m not getting many responses. I’ve texted 5 guys and only 2 responded. Phil says he’s looking more like a no, too much in the air this weekend with family. The other guy can’t make it.

I’ll shoot another text tomorrow afternoon to see if the others will answer.
Old February 15th, 2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
Quote:

Unfortunately I’m not getting many responses. I’ve texted 5 guys and only 2 responded. Phil says he’s looking more like a no, too much in the air this weekend with family. The other guy can’t make it.

Alrighty, thanks. Well we'll be there either way (weather permitting) so feel free to join us.

Old February 18th, 2019, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Alrighty, thanks. Well we'll be there either way (weather permitting) so feel free to join us.
Meant to check in yesterday, how’d it go? Sorry I couldn’t make it, we had a friend visiting from Russia, went to lunch after church, it ate up a huge chunk of the afternoon, and the baby was exhausted. My wife felt bad that I couldn’t make it for scape.
Old February 18th, 2019, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Meant to check in yesterday, how’d it go? Sorry I couldn’t make it, we had a friend visiting from Russia, went to lunch after church, it ate up a huge chunk of the afternoon, and the baby was exhausted. My wife felt bad that I couldn’t make it for scape.
Things went well-- It was just my wife and I but we had fun. Our first game I used Ne-Gok-Sa and Grok Riders: Ne-Gok-Sa took over not only Zelrig but Krug, crushing my wife's forces. My wife took some pics which I'll hopefully post eventually.

Should I go ahead and schedule another day next month? Do you think there would be interest? I was thinking of doing a draft pool of only the units from Wave 2 and Orm's Return backward, to recreate the good old days of Heroscape.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events