Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old October 31st, 2016, 12:10 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Ronin Sidekick Workshopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I basically like the approach. Two Four thoughts/concerns:
  • If I were looking to pare it down, I might drop Markmanship (I get the desire to put everyone in there but the others are more obvious visually and kind of required, while that Hawkeye power feels a touch tacked on).
  • Ranged attack of 7 is pretty rare - only on Selene (which is a mistake, IMO), Seth, and some Event Heroes. Given the presence of the Mjolnir special attack, I might just drop range to 1.
  • In a further effort to make sure every power on the card feels important, I might make Repulsor burst just instead of moving instead of instead of moving and attacking. As long as it's limited to once per round it should still be OK. As it stands I'd be pretty unlikely to pass up a big attack for that power.
  • Amazo is an Event Hero; if Super Adaptoid is going to be at this power level, should it be an Event Hero as well? SA's appearances as I remember them don't feel super event-y but if it's not an Event Hero it's kind of absurd in a Mad Thinker build, plus it becomes pretty epic as an Avenger too (ironic?).
  • Marksmanship is the easiest drop, for sure. It does seem a shame to leave him without a Hawkeye power when he's got Hawkeye's mask on, though. I think of it like Water Might on Amazo; not strictly necessary for the card, but it feels like a theme-enhancer for me.
  • I'd definitely be comfortable dropping either his range or attack. Probably range.
  • Fair point.
  • I think of Super-Adaptoid as a bit below Amazo's power level, in the same way that the Avengers are a bit lower-rent than the JL. I'm willing to bump him to Event to cut out Mad Thinker (japes and I had the same back-and-forth in PMs, pretty much), but otherwise I'd prefer Unique.

Also, thought it's worth mentioning that I really like japes' version with the power mimicry. I think there's room for both takes, but I'm probably back-burnering this one for now.
Honestly, I wouldn't cut Marksmanship here - if this guy's basically Avenger's Amazo then having a large number of powers seems appropriate, and I think Marksmanship will actually help him play really interestingly when combined with that high attack. It actually seems more worthwhile than Water Might to me.

It might be worth giving us the full list of Avengers whose powers he has, though - is it just Thor, Cap, Stark and Hawkeye?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 31st, 2016, 01:01 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Here's a comprehensive listing, near as I can tell. I'll edit it in links as I port things in here. Probably going to take my time doing that and give things a once-over, add design notes as I go. That'll serve the dual purpose of not getting me flagged as a spambot.

In the meanwhile, pretty much all of these can be found in my public design post link-up here or in my design dump in the Lounge, here.

Non-Big Two
Argent
Doctor McNinja
Grendel (Hunter Rose)
Jack Hawksmoor
Jenny Sparks
Spike
Wolfram & Hart Attorneys

DC
Batzarro
Black Flash
Doctor Destiny
Flash (Barry Allen) (II)
Green Construct (Boxing Glove)
Harvey Bullock
Joker III
Superman/Batman Mecha
Superwoman (Lucy Lane)
The Batman of Zur-En-Arrh
Zoom

Marvel
Agent Venom
Agent X
Alkhema
Anti-Venom
Arachne
Arthrian Seeker
Attuma
Beetle (Janice Lincoln)
Black Widow (Yelena Belova)
Blizzard
Blood Brother (Gary Blood, ??? Blood)
Boomerang II
Cammi
Captain America (Steve Rogers) (II)
Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
Champion
Citizen V (Helmut Zemo)
Coldheart
Collector
Controller
Copycat
Crime-Master (Bennet Brant)
Crimson Cowl
Daimon Hellstrom
Devil Dinosaur
Doctor Doom (Kristoff von Doom)
Doctor Octopus (Ultimate)
Dogpool
Doom (2099)
Doppelganger
Dreadnought
Emperor Stark (Tony Stark)
Fixer
Flag-Smasher
Ghost Rider (Danny Ketch)
Giganto
Gorr the God Butcher
Green Goblin (Harry Osborn)
Green Goblin (Ultimate)
Headpool
Henry Gyrich
Iron Man (Tony Stark) (Silver Centurion)
Ironclad
Jack Flag
Jack O' Lantern (Crime-Master's)
Jimmy Woo
Kaine
Kidpool
Korath the Pursuer
Kristoff von Doom
Lady Deadpool
Layla Miller
Loki Laufeyson (Agent of Asgard)
Lorelei
M (Monet St. Croix)
M-11
MACH-I
Man-Killer
Marvel Boy (Robert Grayson)
Mimic (Earth-12)
Miss Thing
Mister Lao
Moonstone (Karla Sofen)
Morph
Multiple Man (Unique)
Namora
Nightshade
Outlaw
Overdrive
Peter Parker
Professor Hulk (Bruce Banner)
Ravenous
Red She-Hulk
Satana Hellstrom
Scorpion (Carmilla Black)
Secret Empire Agents
Shathra
She-Venom (Patricia Robertson)
Shriek
Shroud
Shuma-Gorath
Silk
Silver Sable
Speed Demon
Spider-Hulk
Spider-Man (Mac Gargan)
Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (II)
Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Noir)
Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Spider Who Went Into the Cold)
Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Spider-Armor Mk I)
Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Spider-Armor Mk II)
Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Zombie)
Spot
Super-Adaptoid
Swordsman
Tarantula (Maria Vasquez)
Techno
Toxin (Pat Mulligan)
U.L.T.I.M.A.T.U.M. AGENTS
Vapor
Vector
Venom (Mac Gargan)
Venom (Ultimate)
Venus
Volcana
War (Bruce Banner)
Wasp (Hank Pym)
Will O' The Wisp
Wolverine II
X-Ray
Yellowjacket (Rita DeMara)
Bold above interest me...

Do you have any Atlanteans for Attuma to command?

Also Speed Demon is an interest of mine as I've drafted a Squadron Supreme/Sinister faction with the intent of creating one design for each that could be villain or hero. Sort of a challenge but Johnny and Spidey were assisting as well.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 31st, 2016, 07:47 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Bold above interest me...

Do you have any Atlanteans for Attuma to command?

Also Speed Demon is an interest of mine as I've drafted a Squadron Supreme/Sinister faction with the intent of creating one design for each that could be villain or hero. Sort of a challenge but Johnny and Spidey were assisting as well.
No generic Atlanteans yet, but they're kind of a must.

If you've got Speed Demon drafted, I'd love to see him. I'm mainly tackling him as a low-level Spider-Man villain and part of the Criminal faction, since that's really what he's most iconic as, but that might still be workable with Squadron Supreme/Sinister stuff, from what I remember of how you were going about that.

My gut is that I'd prefer two versions: Speed Demon (James Sanders) to capture more what I'm going for, and a Whizzer (Stanley Stewart) to be part of the Squadron(s) synergy. Unfortunately, there's no reasonably-priced Whizzer mini, so it's probably a good idea to see if we can get a Speed Demon design going that works for both.

(There is a mini for Whizzer (Robert Frank), but he's a whole different animal.)
Old October 31st, 2016, 10:17 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think if you give him an uncompromising personality he'd work. It's hard finding a way to make a new interesting speedster that works for a team

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 1st, 2016, 07:20 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I think if you give him an uncompromising personality he'd work. It's hard finding a way to make a new interesting speedster that works for a team
Yeah, speedsters are tricky. I'll have to give a little more thought to Speed Demon if I want to get him friendly with Squadron as well as Criminals. I was thinking of doing a glyph theft power for him, but that might feel a bit weird for him as a Squadron member. I'll tag you when I get something together here.
Old November 1st, 2016, 10:16 PM
Symbiotic

Last edited by Ronin; May 15th, 2021 at 12:46 PM. Reason: keeping this one in my back pocket
Old November 14th, 2016, 10:00 PM
Symbiotic

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Avengers set.
Its model number and name are #052 / Citizen V.

NAME = CITIZEN V
SECRET IDENTITY = HELMUT ZEMO

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHARLATAN
PERSONALITY = DECEPTIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 180-200?

JUSTICE, LIKE LIGHTNING...
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with Citizen V, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card and choose up to 4 other Charlatans you control that are unengaged. Move each chosen Charlatan up to 5 spaces each. Any figures moved with this special power must end their movement engaged, if possible.

CHARLATAN MOTIVATOR
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Citizen V, if he inflicted one or more wounds with his normal attack this turn, you may take an immediate turn with any other Charlatan Hero you control within clear sight of Citizen V.

MASTER SWORDPLAY
If Citizen V attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack and at least one skull is rolled, he may attack an adjacent figure again. He may continue attacking adjacent figures, rolling 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack, until you fail to roll a skull. Before any of these attacks, if you reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card, you may add one automatic skull to that attack.

---------------
Bio - After facing another defeat at the hands of Captain America, Baron Zemo decided to assemble a new team of Masters of Evil to get revenge on Captain America and the Avengers. He put together a crack team of criminal confederates old and new, but before he could launch his schemes, he watched, stunned as the Avengers sacrificed their lives to stop the monster known as Onslaught.

Bereft of purpose, Zemo wondered what to do next, until the inspiration struck him; with the Avengers dead, the public was desperate for new heroes to take their place. So Zemo decided to give them just what they wanted, and the Masters took on new guises to become the Thunderbolts! ("Crypto-fascist, yet friendly") Goliath became Atlas, the Beetle became MACH-I, Screaming Mimi became Songbird, Fixer became Techno, Moonstone became Meteorite, and Zemo himself donned the guise of Citizen V.

Zemo lead his new team of "heroes" to success beyond his wildest dreams; the seemingly noble crime fighters won the public's admiration with hardly a struggle, and were quickly given high-level security accesses, Zemo's stepping stone to world domination. Zemo's plans were only undone when his subordinates (encouraged by the treacherous Moonstone) went native on him before his master plan could reach completion, helping the Avengers to save the world from a future dominated by Zemo.

Old leadership powers:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Ronin; May 15th, 2021 at 12:46 PM.
Old November 14th, 2016, 10:22 PM
Symbiotic

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Web of Spider-Man set.
Its model number and name are #051 / The Spot.

NAME = SPOT
SECRET IDENTITY = JOHNNY OHNN

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = THIEF
PERSONALITY = AMBITIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 110?

SPOTTED SKIN
Start the game with 4 black Spot Markers on this card. Add 1 to Spot's Defense number for each Spot Marker on this card, and add 4 to his Range number while there is at least one Spot Marker on this card.

SPOT PORTALS
Instead of moving normally with Spot, you may remove a Spot Marker from this card and either:
-place Spot on any unoccupied space within 8 spaces of his previous placement; or
-choose an Equipment Glyph that is within 6 spaces of Spot or on the card of a figure within 6 spaces of Spot. Place the chosen glyph on this card.
Spot will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moved with this special power.

---------------------

Bio - Originally a scientist on Kingpin's payroll trying to replicate Cloak's powers, Johnny Ohnn accidentally bestowed a very different kind of teleportation power on himself. His skin became pure white and covered in portable space warps that he could remove and attach to any surface, allowing him great teleportation powers. Ohnn quickly turned to crime, but has never had much success despite his potential. He's been bested by Spider-Man more than once when he made the mistake of removing too many portals from his body; though he can eventually reclaim or regenerate the portals by unknown means, they are quite finite in the short-term. The more Spot uses, the more open skin he leaves on his body, making him much easier to hit.

Notes - not too much to say here. Low-rent Spidey villain with a dumb name and some really neat cover art.

I do want to eventually start assembling some Spidey stuff, once I'm done with the original Thunderbolts (real shame that we've never had a Spidey wave), and Spot is the kind of oddball character I'd love to be able to throw into a Spidey villains booster.
Old November 15th, 2016, 08:18 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Citizen V is designed! - Ronin
Looks great to me - it's a shame that I quite like Master Plan Unveiled, but I don't feel I'd want to see anything dropped from the present design.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Ronin; May 15th, 2021 at 12:46 PM.
Old November 15th, 2016, 06:05 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
No other figures are important, put them all on hold - this design must happen. Alternate reality power-mad Stark who's dominated the world and taken to wearing Doom's cloak? Yes please.

I'd kind of like a way to differentiate this design from Stark so they aren't prevented from being in the same army - but then, Tony would never work with this version of himself, so it ain't a big deal.
I also think I'd rather see him as Egomaniacal than Brilliant - I mean, he is brilliant, but this guy's seeming a bit similar to Doom in personality to me, and I also like that Egomaniacal is a more evil, power mad extrapolation of every other Stark being Arrogant.
I figured you'd like this one. Not dropping everything for him, but I'd love to run him sometime soon-ish.

I do wish he had a slightly different name or something; not so that I could get him together with Tony-classic, but so that I could drop the dual-classing thing, the whole point of which is to keep him out of Slave Circuit.

It occurred to me that we may be able to get around him being Slave Circuited by making him an Event Hero (he took over the entire world, so seems close enough to Event for me), but Slave Circuit actually works on Event Tonies, so that was a brainstorm denied.

Egomaniacal is a good call for the personality; I actually have another evil version of Tony I'm brainstorming for, and I have Egomaniacal down on that one for sure. Part of the reason I have him as Brilliant/Ruthless right now is because I feel like the dual-personality helps sell the theme on the dual-classing (EDIT: and Egomaniacal/Ruthless is a bit redundant). If I could get away with a single-classed version somehow I'd definitely shoot for Egomaniacal Emperor/Ruler.

Last edited by Ronin; November 15th, 2016 at 06:35 PM.
Old November 16th, 2016, 02:09 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Spot write-up:
Spoiler Alert!
I actually have a Spot write-up here:
Spoiler Alert!

Mine diffidently more complex, though I'm not sure if that's a better thing. Thought we should at least compare notes.

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps
Old November 16th, 2016, 02:24 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Figures like Hasbro Hulk, Wolverine, Lady Deathstrike, or Tigra who benefit from the wounds that come with that extra turn really like "With an Iron Fist". That could make for some pretty strong builds. There's also a bit of synergy between Black Adam and "Emperor of Earth", although that doesn't seem nearly as powerful.

The only thing that concerns me about your version of Spot is the automatic glyph-steal; that feels pretty powerful.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy