Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Old April 12th, 2008, 01:31 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormus
These books are a blatant Harry Potter rip-off. They might as well have called them "Barry Plopper" and got it over with...
Actually, have you read them? they do have a lot in common with HP, but they are different enough to be good.
Only the main character can do magic, and thats only because his wand has power, all the children are endowed, like my favorite, Asa Pike, (the Beast, as he's called.)

Can you defeat a mind such as mine?
Riddler
Old April 14th, 2008, 01:17 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Books: What are you currently reading?

"Furies of Calderon" by Jim Butcher.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old April 16th, 2008, 10:00 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Dragonfire, Ghost Rider, and Fantastic Four. (I LOVE BOOKS!)

Riddler
Old April 18th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I just finished The Phantom of the Opera. FANTASTIC book. With a lot of the classics, things feel very clunky and out of date... not so here! The whole thing feels like a modern book set in the 1800s, not a book written in 1910. It really speaks for its timelessness.

And the story is, of course, perfect. The misunderstood and brilliant Phantom, the lovestruck, driven Raoul, the beautiful Christine... so many character archetypes that have become common nowadays.
Old April 18th, 2008, 06:03 PM

dragon has disabled reputation

Since I've run out of R.A. Salvatore to read I just, as of yesterday, reread Hour of the Dragon by Robert E. Howard. It's his only Conan story that is actually novel length, albiet a short one.
It got me thinking that it would be pretty cool to have a barbarian hero in heroscape.
Of course, a squad of dark elfs for Utgars Army would be interesting as well.
Old April 18th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart

Currently Reading Settling Accounts: Return Engagement by the Master of Alternate History: Harry Turtldove. The Book is Amazing, written superbly to add depth to an alternate we can all believe. Great Irony in this book. The Book is set in Turtledove's 191 series when the south was able to successfully break from the Union. World War 1 happens with Britain and France Allying with the CSA and the USA allying with Germany. USA and Germany are able to prevail and defeat the South and their allies.
As such Hitler never takes power but remains in the personal army of the Kaiser. I highly recommend this whole series of books
the quick Summary above is a very quick sum up of the books 3 or 4 books before the Alt WWII Series: Settling Accounts

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Last edited by Fallen Templar; April 18th, 2008 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old April 18th, 2008, 06:53 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Black Gryphon, Charlie Bone and the Beast, and The Divide.

Riddler
Old April 18th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Templar View Post
The Book is set in Turtledove's 191 series when the south was able to successfully break from the Union. World War 1 happens with Britain and France Allying with the CSA and the USA allying with Germany. USA and Germany are able to prevail and defeat the South and their allies. As such Hitler never takes power but remains in the personal army of the Kaiser.
This just screams GURPS campaign.
Old April 18th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Aargh! Pranked again!

JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness JoutnFAN77 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just finished Sabriel by Garth Nix and I am starting the sequil. I am also reading a ton of Eoin Colfer Books

JFAN is... waiting.... waiting... waiting... waiting...
Old April 18th, 2008, 10:25 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm reading The Keys to the Kingdom Series by Garth Nix. Great Series. I'm also reading Ranger's Apprentice and Charlie Bone books.
Old April 18th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
"Furies of Calderon" by Jim Butcher.
Great book. Great series. Loads of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Templar View Post
Currently Reading Settling Accounts: Return Engagement by the Master of Alternate History: Harry Turtldove.
I'm also reading Turtledove right now, but I'm reading the 'Balance' series, where aliens invade Earth right smack in the middle of WW2. I'm almost done. It's also pretty fun.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old April 18th, 2008, 11:56 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm reading Simon R. Green's Something From the Nightside its pretty good so far.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books