Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old January 4th, 2008, 02:26 AM

Blackrock is surprisingly tart
Wolf Heads & Virtual Design Queries

Where can I find a wolfhead cap? It doesn't have to be made of the skin from an actual wolf's head, but I don't care if it's made out of real fur or feaux; I suppose you could fashion such a thing out of rabbit fur in the pattern of a wolf's cranium or something.
Oddly enough, I can't find any pictures of what I want but here's a portrait of an action figure wearing a good enough example. It's just one of those odd things I'd like to own and wear from time-to-time but I'm not sure who might sell or make such a thing. I've seen them in busts of Native Americans.

EDIT: Originally copy-pasted the wrong thing, it's fixed now.
Old January 4th, 2008, 02:34 AM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
I think your link is wrong.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old January 4th, 2008, 01:56 PM

Whoops, you're right! I forgot that I copied something else, and it was about 3:00 AM so I wasn't thinking too straight. Thanks!
Old January 4th, 2008, 06:13 PM

zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker
Step #1: Buy a shotgun

Step #2 Go into woods and wait for wolf with shotgun.

Step #3 See wolf.

Step #4 Shoot wolf.

Step #5 Skin wolf,

Step #6 Make Wolf head into Wolf hat.

Step #7 Wear hat.

Step #8 ????

Step #9 profit.

I do art. Check it out.

http://insanelyzanter.deviantart.com/
Old January 4th, 2008, 07:09 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanter
Step #1: Buy a sword

Step #2 Go into woods and wait for wolf with sword

Step #3 See wolf.

Step #4 Stab wolf.

Step #5 Skin wolf,

Step #6 Make Wolf head into Wolf hat.

Step #7 Wear hat.

Step #8 ????

Step #9 profit.
Fixed.
Old January 4th, 2008, 07:13 PM

zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog
Quote:
Step #1: Buy a sword

Step #2 Go into woods and wait for "Billtog" with sword

Step #3 See "Billtog".

Step #4 Stab "Billtog".

Step #5 Skin "Billtog",

Step #6 Make "Billtog" head into "Billtog" hat.

Step #7 Wear hat.

Step #8 ????

Step #9 profit.
Fixed.
Fixed, dang typos.

I do art. Check it out.

Old January 6th, 2008, 03:06 AM

Rather than start a new thread, I've got one more desire on my mind. Is there any kind of program out there, I don't mind if you even have to pay for it (though free download is always preferred), that'll let you create a game-like environment and just establish a section of scenery or a town or something, kind of like a map maker for an RTS but more like a sandbox map maker for an MMORPG.
If somewhere there exists a program with all the data found in the environments of say, World of Warcraft, where you can just open a blank 3-D canvas, manipulate the land, place buildings, trees, textures, that kind of thing, that'd be perfect. Unfortunately I'm completely ignorant of how such design tools work and I don't know if something like that even exists, short of getting some general program that the people who make MMOs use to code terrain, buildings, and textures from scratch; that I can't do.
I'd like something like this 'cos as much as I've enjoyed drawing throughout my life, I've never been good at buildings or scenery, and my passion for the art altogether is waning these days. I'd like to tinker with a digital scenemaker of sorts and visualize the ideas for a fantasy world I've had in my head but have had trouble bringing out in drawing or writing.
Old January 6th, 2008, 05:11 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
It's not free, but you can do that kind of thing in Neverwinter Nights.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old January 6th, 2008, 11:32 AM

Warcraft III has a map editor included with the software which is fairly easy to use.
There is some free map VIEWERS for world of warcraft, ( ) but i don't know if you can edit the maps within.

I do art. Check it out.

Old January 6th, 2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Warcraft III has a map editor included with the software which is fairly easy to use.
There is some free map VIEWERS for world of warcraft, ( ) but i don't know if you can edit the maps within.
Yeah, I've had WCIII for ages. I typically use that, but it's ultimately unfufilling in that it doesn't have any doodads for a common stone wall, among other things, and most of the interesting buildings are considered units and therefore can't be rotated or have their sizes edited, and they're often too small in comparison to my other buildings. I know about the map viewers but those won't help. I guess this kind of thing isn't really available.
As for Neverwinter, my brother owns that. I'll see if I can borrow it and find out what InfinityMax is talking about.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General