Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old July 30th, 2018, 02:19 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
MrNobody's Customs

For a while I've been working on some customs for one of my favorite shows, Doctor Who. I play C3G way more than regular 'scape at this point, so for the most part, that is what my designs end up being compatible with. All I have now are rough unbalanced designs but I figured I'd go ahead and post the text of the stuff I feel more confident about and see if anybody had any thoughts.

The 1st Doctor
Spoiler Alert!

The 11th Doctor
Spoiler Alert!

Ace
Spoiler Alert!

Sonic Screwdriver
Spoiler Alert!

Regeneration Rules
Spoiler Alert!

Any criticism, thoughts, or ideas are very welcome! Also, I have a whole word document full of character in various levels of completion. If anybody wants to see what I have for a certain character, I'd be more than happy to share.

Last edited by MrNobody; November 2nd, 2018 at 11:03 PM.
Old August 16th, 2018, 12:16 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: MrNobody's Doctor Who Customs -Very much a work in progr

Hey! I dig your Dr. Who customs here. I really like your 11th design and your Sonic Screwdriver. Question on that -- if the 11th regenerates, does that mean the 12th doesn't get the Screwdriver? Or are you not planning on in-game regeneration? The "guessing game" with Timey-Wimey looks fun. (I guess you'll always be sure of OM2!)

My only quibble with the 11th wording is that I associate "Timey-Wimey" with Tennant, although I'm sure Smith said it a lot too.

"Companion" is a good power to reuse for all your, well, companions.

I've shamelessly adapted a number of others' Dr. Who designs, you can see them here if you are interested.

Looking forward to more stuff!
Old August 16th, 2018, 01:17 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I think you could represent the 1st Doctor's health by just giving him one less Life.
It is not like he is ever incapacitated by ill health that I remember and I have seen most episodes that are available.
He certainly is the 'weakest' Doctor but that is due to his old age.
He rolls with the most Companions, starting with three where most other incarnations only have one or two, so maybe that is an angle to explore.
Old August 16th, 2018, 02:49 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Hey! I dig your Dr. Who customs here. I really like your 11th design and your Sonic Screwdriver. Question on that -- if the 11th regenerates, does that mean the 12th doesn't get the Screwdriver? Or are you not planning on in-game regeneration?
Thank you for the kind words, man! I actually have a draft for regen rules at the bottom of the OP. Basically, I put in the "destroy the screwdriver" clause because most of the Doctors are going to start with a Sonic. So if the 11th Doctor is destroyed, drops his Sonic on the, and then regens into the 12th Doctor, the 12th Doctor will have a Sonic too. This leads to a problem where if you're playing a large number of Doctors, there'll just be Sonics all over the board. It seemed easier, if not exactly elegant, to just destroy each incarnation's Sonic with them.

Quote:
The "guessing game" with Timey-Wimey looks fun. (I guess you'll always be sure of OM2!)
That was blatantly stolen from one of C3G's spells. They deserve all the credit!

Quote:
My only quibble with the 11th wording is that I associate "Timey-Wimey" with Tennant, although I'm sure Smith said it a lot too.
I understand where you're coming from. Smith absolutely said it more, but Tennant's use of it is far more iconic. The reason I stuck it on Eleven's card was because his run focused heavily on time travel plots. He was the Doctor that always had some temporal trick up his sleeve so I wanted to make that the focus of this card.

Quote:
"Companion" is a good power to reuse for all your, well, companions.

I've shamelessly adapted a number of others' Dr. Who designs, you can see them here if you are interested.

Looking forward to more stuff!
I'll drop by and look!
Old August 16th, 2018, 03:03 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I think you could represent the 1st Doctor's health by just giving him one less Life.
It is not like he is ever incapacitated by ill health that I remember and I have seen most episodes that are available.
He certainly is the 'weakest' Doctor but that is due to his old age.
He was never incapacitated by ill health except for that time he got so worn out he turned into Pat Troughton.

Joking aside, I see where you're coming from, but personally I disagree. Sure he was never held back by his health in the sense that he had to stop running because of his COPD or Arthritis or somesuch. However, the whole point of his regeneration (or "renewal", I suppose) was that his body was just too old and couldn't handle the stress of all those adventures, and I think that power captures that. Sure, 3 life would probably do the same thing, but I personally think going with a power instead makes him feel more dynamic.
Quote:
He rolls with the most Companions, starting with three where most other incarnations only have one or two, so maybe that is an angle to explore.
Right now Five has a power that plays off the idea of a larger Tardis team, but I could easily see One having a riff off it. (Five's team often felt more like he was herding cats or small children, while One's teams usually were a tiny bit more coordinated) I would like some sort of power that gives the Hartnell Doc more of his own character instead of just being "elder statesman Doctor." Thanks for your thoughts!
Old August 16th, 2018, 03:18 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

The problem with the first Doctor is it is hard to define exactly what he was. I really like the first power, that works nicely.
Maybe something that boosts his Companions or allows them to tag along.

I want to see what you have for 2,3 & 4!
Old August 16th, 2018, 04:21 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't have much time/chance to look at custom threads outside of C3G, but fwiw, Doctor Who definitely has comic books and has a good chance to be considered eligible for C3G designs. The only trouble would be finding appropriate minis. If it's something you could do for C3G, though, I'd love to brainstorm through some designs with you.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 16th, 2018, 04:39 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
The problem with the first Doctor is it is hard to define exactly what he was. I really like the first power, that works nicely.
Maybe something that boosts his Companions or allows them to tag along.
I think a lot of people misremember him as a grumpy yet wise old man, but that's really only a small part of the character. He's silly and caring and young and old and wise and stupid all at the same time, just like every Doctor should be.
The companions already have a tag-along power that I'm using as a sort of keyword, and my start for Susan has a 'Scream incessantly to summon help" special power. I do like the idea of a fairly simple boost to his companions.
Quote:
I want to see what you have for 2,3 & 4!
Sure! They're still all very rough drafts though.

2nd Doctor
Spoiler Alert!
I'm not really entirely happy with him having the Manipulate power. He does have an uncanny knack for talking people to act against their own self-interests, but it's not a perfect fit. I'd rather give him another power and leave the manipulating to Seven.

3rd Doctor
Spoiler Alert!
Pretty simple, he can Sonic and use his space martial arts. Just now I thought it might be cool to have some vehicle operating power.

I'm not really happy with my Four yet, so as an alternative, I give you...

The Brigadier
Spoiler Alert!

He can control Unit obviously, and pick someone like the Doctor or Liz Shaw to bond with too. I do think it would be nice for either him or Three to have some sort of power that lets the Scientific Advisor actually do something...sciencey.
Old August 16th, 2018, 04:45 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I don't have much time/chance to look at custom threads outside of C3G, but fwiw, Doctor Who definitely has comic books and has a good chance to be considered eligible for C3G designs. The only trouble would be finding appropriate minis. If it's something you could do for C3G, though, I'd love to brainstorm through some designs with you.
I'd really like that at some point. I would probably struggle condensing all of the essence of the character into one card because I'd want at least 14 different versions, of course.
Old August 16th, 2018, 05:37 PM

Oh no, you have to make all 14 plus all the secondary characters!

I agree about the perception of the first Doctor. That is why he is so hard to define. Like you said, he is what the Doctor should be.
Maybe something like I MADE IT THIS FAR that allows him to circumvent an attack once per game to acknowledge his longevity.
Or you could have the Companions boost or defend him. That guy is tough.
Love the Susan power.

I really like the other designs. Well done. If Manipulate is too much, I would consider making it a Move only power, no Attacking. I was considering something like this for Judge Anderson at one point.

The third Doctor looks perfect.

Nice work on the Brigadier. He was around forever.
Old August 16th, 2018, 06:43 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Oh no, you have to make all 14 plus all the secondary characters!
I have maybe 25-30 characters in various levels of completion. C3G ain't ready.
Quote:
Maybe something like I MADE IT THIS FAR that allows him to circumvent an attack once per game to acknowledge his longevity.
I actually think a few of the Doctors could work with something like Too Tough To Die. He'll just keep going long after any sane person would stop.
Quote:
If Manipulate is too much, I would consider making it a Move only power, no Attacking. I was considering something like this for Judge Anderson at one point.
Ooh that would work really well.
Quote:
Nice work on the Brigadier. He was around forever.
He was the Brig Papa after all.
Old August 16th, 2018, 09:06 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think each Doctor should have a short regen power that has them replaced by the next one when they’re destroyed and gives them all the powers on the previous card. Then each version can focus in on the most important element of that specific incarnation and you can get a sense of progression.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards