Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 17th, 2018, 08:41 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Mantis (Breathing)

What I proposed is an attempt at something kinda lunchbox-y, but I think johnny is right that it strays a bit too far from how she operates in the comics.

Maybe keep the ass-kicker powers, but tweak Cosmic Grounding to something like this?

Quote:
At the start of the game, choose one other Unique Hero you control. For this game, that Hero has the class of Recruit instead of what is listed on its Army Card. If no two Unique Heroes in your army share a species or class, an opponent may never remove or rearrange Order Markers on cards you control and cannot take temporary or permanent control of a figure you control with an unrevealed Order Marker on its card.
If we're doing strictly-comics Mantis, may as well lean in and get the interesting bit, where she influences people into joining the Guardians. Gives you a way of doubling up on classes, which'll be handy for Cosmo/Moondragon, and is generally useful for Star-Lord.
Old March 17th, 2018, 12:04 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I’d be fine with that. What’s the bit about no Unrevealed order markers on its card representing?
Old March 17th, 2018, 12:13 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Oh, I was thinking about pitching the no-take-control part (that is, "and cannot take temporary or permanent control of a figure you control with an unrevealed Order Marker on its card") as a slight extension of the theme, but I actually thought I'd chopped that bit out before posting.

The point would have been to just play up the idea that she's running psychic defense to keep the team together. (And reward you for spreading OMs out a bit, which Star-Lord likes and I think YK's Rocket II is going to encourage as well). Probably not necessary, though, at least in that form.
Old March 18th, 2018, 01:43 AM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I'm good to roll on with this then, if nobody has any issues.

I feel for simplicity we could probably drop the Star-Lord bit about repeating classes etc. Her being able to recruit is already enough to fit in with Star-Lord builds, on top of the obvious attack and defense benefits she would want.
Old March 18th, 2018, 01:41 PM

I propose a vote to move to initial playtesting.
@japes
@Ronin
@johnny139
@SirGalahad
@Tornado
@Yodaking
@Spidey'tilIDie
Old March 18th, 2018, 01:42 PM

Re: The Book of Mantis (Vote for Initial Playtest)

@dok @Soundwarp SG-1 @Dysole @weebaer

Any concerns here? Any testing priorities?
Old March 18th, 2018, 02:01 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

No big concerns from me. Her being a Mutate knocks out the main combo I'd be worried about (Ms. Marvel), so she should be ok on the Star Lord front. She's no slouch on offense and defense, but the Melee restrictions leave her with a pretty obvious weak point there.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old March 18th, 2018, 02:04 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Still think Nerve Punch is a poor fit.
Old March 18th, 2018, 02:05 PM
Symbiotic

yea
Old March 18th, 2018, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Still think Nerve Punch is a poor fit.
From the Marvel Wiki:
Quote:
Master Martial Artist:
Mantis has extraordinary ability in the martial arts that have been developed and perfected over thousands of years. These fighting methods place particular emphasis on the manipulation of pressure points and nerve endings on the bodies of one's opponents. So, by knowing the right areas of the body to strike, Mantis can stun even a being as powerful as Thor even though she herself has no superhuman strength.
Repeated on Wikipedia:
Quote:
Mantis was trained by the Priests of Pama to become a grandmistress of the martial arts, demonstrated as capable of defeating opponents as skilled as Captain America (although he was distracted while fighting a dragon).[25] She could also instinctively sense weak points in an opponent and with her skills in pressure points, knock out beings as powerful as the thunder god, Thor.[25][26] She has only lost in hand to hand martial arts match to Moondragon,[27] and her father Libra.
Repeated on Comic Vine:
Quote:
Mantis also has extraordinary ability in the martial arts that have been developed and perfected over thousands of years by the Priests of Pama. These fighting methods place particular emphasis on the manipulation of pressure points and nerve endings on the bodies of one's opponents. Thus, by knowing the right areas of the body to strike, Mantis could stun even a being as powerful as Thor even though she herself had no superhuman strength.
All sites point it out pretty prominently, and mention specifically her methods of attacking the nerves/pressure points.
Old March 18th, 2018, 02:59 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Which is already being represented by her ability to completely shut down an attackers turn. I'm Wolverine with 3W and in a rage with 4 attacks coming but instead I take 1W and don't get to make any of those 4 attacks because she can see my moves coming before I make them and is a gifted melee fighter who can strike my nervous system in a way that temporarily disables me. Now she gets to attack and disables me some more. The card is double dipping on her ass kicking powers, and while she may be able to kick some ass that is not what she is known for. I would have a hard time with anyone at all having that combo of powers due to 'fun and balanced game play' concerns. Pick one disabling power or the other, but both is overkill.
Old March 18th, 2018, 03:30 PM

Precognitive Strike is representing her precognitive abilities. She’s striking before they act. She’s not hitting their pressure points. A ranged attacker, or figures with specials, can completely avoid the defensive ability.

If we want to pretend that’s not the case, suggest something better. I haven’t seen it yet. I just wish these things were figured out in the brainstorming thread, when I post it for discussion and suggestions. You dropped the issue there so it seemed like you were good. Others said they liked the design but now are wanting alterations. I wouldn’t have ran with Mantis if it was going to have to be completely changed once started.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library