Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 7th, 2017, 08:24 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Poison Ivy II (Public Playtesting)

I guess it comes down to how useful is the boost she's offering, and if one deems it too good when stacked. However, the X factor, but an important one, are the requirements already built in that are necessary to obtain the benefits.
  • Most maps don't contain large spans of grass/swamp to even make use of an extra +2 that must be on grass/swamp.
  • Most maps don't contain Evergreen Trees and Jungle Pieces a plenty, nor do their placements generally fall adjacent to high points on the map.
  • Not every figure has Superstrength, as I counted the ones in the synergy archive, and somewhere around 300 had Superstrength.
At the end of the day, she's offering a potential +2 to a figure's move, and a potential +1 to their defense. Say the map is all grass/swamp, has a tree on every other hex, and she's running a game of all figures without SS.

I'd argue that even in those highly unlikely, but obviously favorable conditions, she's at best going to be a good figure for her points. I don't think she'd be broken, at least not due to Mother Nature, which is what we're examining here. In fact, that sounds like a heck of a thing to test to seal the deal, one way or another. Though, to be fair, my tests were already ran on a map filled with half swamp, and several Jungle pieces that left very little room to escape. Even then, she went 4-4.

The way I see it, she's already restricted and limited, only shining if the army is precise, and the map is made strictly for her.
Old January 7th, 2017, 08:55 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

I think you can safely remove the OM restriction as long as you're comfortable with her points maybe going up a bit.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old January 7th, 2017, 09:00 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Also note that, not only do a lot of figures have Superstrength, but also, in general, the stronger the figure is, the more likely it is to have superstrength. Not a hard and fast rule, but something to consider.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 7th, 2017, 09:03 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Running Ivy soon. Did you want me to try the version without the OM requirement and the defense boost?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
I think you can safely remove the OM restriction as long as you're comfortable with her points maybe going up a bit.
Testing wise, 175 feels fair, so if we want to tack another 10 to bump her to 185, I'd be fine with that. At most, 195, but I'd have to see how Ronin's tests come in first before making any sort of jump like that.

I'm going to update the SP. @Ronin you're good to go with that version.
Old January 8th, 2017, 12:23 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Poison Ivy @185 points (no OM requirement)

Army Test
Map: Custom (Ubiquitous Tree Cover)
Units: Poison Ivy (II), Captain America (Hasbro), Black Canary, Green Arrow (Ollie), Robin (Dick Grayson), 5th Precinct Beat Cops, Commissioner Gordon (1000) vs Original X-Men (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Poison Ivy (II), Captain America (C3G), Star-Lord, Meteorite, Walker, Roamer x2, Lurker (1000) vs Fantastic Four (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Poison Ivy (II), Captain America (C3G), Star-Lord, Robot, Walker, Roamer x2, Lurker (1000) vs Fantastic Four (1000)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Plant Animation is a nasty power, and Ivy has a lot of potential to dole out auto-wounds. She doesn't seem particularly worrying in defense-stacking armies, because of the terrain restriction and the fact that she has little value in her own normal attack (so guys like Star-Lord and Cap don't get a lot out of boosting her). Definitely something we can't do too often, but I think we're okay without the OM requirement. I'd put her up to 185 with the change, though. She's technically 1-2 in these games, but she had a huge impact in that first game (which was somewhat lucky, but that's what you get with a power like plant animation).
Old January 8th, 2017, 02:24 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Anytime you run a character with a heavy theme like hers (Plants) they are going to excel in a narrower window than other characters that are more broad in their expertise. The plant squad you have planned will help in her general draftabilityness some as you will be able to add plants to any place on the board and make her more useful. I generally draft her 1.0 version with Floronic Man as it is due to his ability to grow a tree where you need it. If Zatanna can start doing that as well, she will have plenty of armies where she does well.
Old January 8th, 2017, 02:43 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yes, her opportunities to use her powers are only going to expand with magic.
Which is really cool.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 8th, 2017, 02:47 PM

--Summary--

In total, Poison Ivy went 5-8.

Arkham's games:
Game 1 Loss: Mother Russia with 3 wounds, Electro with 3 wounds, Sandman with 0 wounds, and Doc Oc with 0 wounds.
Game 2 Win: Two-Face with 1 wound, Black Tarantula and Sandman with 0 wounds.
Game 3 Win: Black Tarantula with 2 wounds.

Game 4 Loss: Cap and Hawkman with 3 wounds, Tigra with 0 wounds.
Game 5 Loss: Hawkgirl with 4 wounds.
Game 6 Win: Kingpin with 4 wounds, Two-Face with 3 wounds, Poison Ivy with 0 wounds.
Game 7 Loss: Spider-Man with 1 wound.
Game 8 Win: Gamora with 3 wounds.

Lazy's games:
Game 9 Loss: Angel 2 wounds, Beast 1 wound, Professor X unwounded.
Game 10 Loss: 2 wounds on Sandman, Toad unwounded, Baron Zemo unwounded.

Ronin's games:
Game 11 Loss: 2 wounds on Cyclops, 2 wounds on Iceman
Game 12 Loss: Mister Fantastic with 3 wounds, Human Torch with 4 wounds, Thing with 1 wound, Invisible Woman unwounded

Game 13 Win: Captain America unwounded, Walker, Lurker, Roamer x1

I think she's likely balanced at 175, due to her more losses than wins in this range, limitations, and restrictions, but I'm ok with going with 185 just to be safe for any potential future stacking, Vine Animations, or Zatanna helping her out.
Old January 8th, 2017, 02:50 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nay
I would prefer one more set of tests here. Looking good though.
Hopefully I can get that started by tomorrow. I have the map set up, just need to assemble the armies.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 8th, 2017, 02:51 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Was Ronin the only one to test the current version? If so, I'd like to see one last set of tests with the current version before passing her forward.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old January 8th, 2017, 02:53 PM

If we need 1 more set, that's fine with me. I will say though, if she comes in with more losses, I'm going to push for 175.
Old January 8th, 2017, 03:00 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Maybe let T test her with a prototype set of jungle vines squad & Zatanna I with a tree placement spell just to better gauge her impact with things already in the pipeline.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library