Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old March 16th, 2015, 01:35 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

The HBO cartoon series was much better then the live action movie.
Old March 16th, 2015, 02:35 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Hahma,

I agree about Gotham. For me it was them redoing Joker, whose origin and background to me is too well established for a complete redo.
I don't think Gotham is a great show by any stretch, but two quick points here in the name of clarity and fairness:

1. There is no character on Gotham named "Joker" right now. There are several characters who could end up becoming Joker. That's it. So, hints and teasers aside, the show hasn't firmly established an origin for Joker.

2. Joker's actual origin and background in the comics is intentionally shrouded in mystery. The "Killing Joke" story, classic as it is, is officially considered "one possible version of how Joker may have come to be." So I'm not sure what version of his origin you consider "established" since his only real established origin is that no one really knows what his origin is!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 16th, 2015, 03:07 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Enh, add me to the list of Gotham malcontents. As a whole it just ain't working. I could watch a show about a young Jim Gordan dealing with a corrupt police department and organized crime (a police drama). I could watch a show about the daily workings of Arkham Asylum in the same era (essentially a prison drama). I could watch a show focused on the adventures of a young Selina Kyle (a caper/heist vehicle). I could even watch a show about Alfred and everything he does to protect and prepare Bruce in the wake of his parents' deaths (again some type of drama). Any of those could be great focused very tightly on what they are and only sprinkled lightly with Batman mythos.

But the big ungainly beast of a show that they have? Not working for me. They're just trying to do too much and so much of what they're trying to do isn't interesting. The rogue's gallery concept the show seems to have bought into is terrible. It was kinda clever the first time or two, but it has the effect of creating all these proto-versions of characters we know and love and then doing nothing with them. Ivy, in particular, has been a total waste of time - with Dent not far behind and only Penguin rising to the level of truly interesting and worthwhile.

Sadly, I don't think the show is fixable. It needs more focus and I don't see any way they could get there from here. Ah well... if it becomes great again I guess I can always catch up on Netflix in a couple of years.

~Aldin, don't even get me started on Barbara-ly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old March 16th, 2015, 03:55 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I agree Aldin. I think they are trying to cover too much at a time. As if saying, "we are only going to be on one season and we're going to cram as much as possible and in every direction into every episode."

I mean really, who the freak cares about the Riddler character? He is super annoying overall, but he's extra annoying when he's constantly bugging that one girl that it's pretty pathetic writing/storytelling.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 16th, 2015, 03:57 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What I'm ticked off at, is (at least according to the sites I read from), that we were going to be getting Gotham Central, and that got changed to Gotham. Because everything has to focus on Batman in Gotham city apparently. That's why I haven't even watched any of it (I was mildly interested, and then the reviews came in, which killed any interest). AOS, Flash, and Arrow are current comic book tv for me.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old March 16th, 2015, 04:04 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Gotham is no great loss to me, as I wasn't going to watch it at first, and got interested after I saw one of those On Demand previews. I'm becoming disappointed at these shows which end so badly or not at all, and I'd almost rather drop them before they drop me, if they prove to be mediocre...

IAmBatman,

What do I know? I thought the whole fell-into-a-vat-of-chemicals thing was established from the Silver Age, but I'll stand corrected. Too many movies, I guess (I'm not familiar with the comics story you mention). Nevertheless, its just struck me as one 'prequel character' thing too many for me. The actor is so close to the Joker concept that if its meant to be a tease, its an unfair one--but I don't think it is.

They say an origin story is the most boring kind of episode, and in this series, that's practically all they do. But to each his own.
Old March 16th, 2015, 05:17 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I also didn't like the Joker origin episode. With the way they hit you over the head with it, it seems totally implausible that Gordon would not know who the Joker was when he reappears years later. He arrested him and sent him to prison. Part of the greatness of the Joker character is that no one really knows who he is or where he came from. Admittedly it was a flaw with the first Batman movie too, which I actually still enjoy as a movie though.

I think the Scarecrow origin episode was pretty good, although once again Gordon should know exactly who he is and why he is the way he is which takes away from the character's later appearance in Gotham. In general terms, having Gordon directly meet and interact with all the various Batman villains 10+ years before they become super villains is a drawback. It takes away from the idea of them being a nemesis of Batman that rose up at the same time the Bat did. Other Batman stories have explored the idea that the rise of costumed villains was a result of or at least paralleled the rise of a costumed crime fighter, which I really liked. In the Gotham show they make it as if all these costumed super villains were destine to emerge and terrorize the city even without a Batman around.

I also agree that the show also seems to lack focus and direction. I kind of wish they would have just made a show called Penguin, with a focus on his rise through the criminal underworld of Gotham. Then they could have introduced some of the other future super villains through his eyes rather then through the eyes of the future police commissioner. Gordon could have been in the show as well, just not the focus of the show.
Old March 16th, 2015, 10:16 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Gotham is absolutely mediocre at best, with occasional nuggets of fun and goodness. Those occasional nuggets are Batman related, though, so I'll probably keep watching. My expectations were and are pretty low, though. They'll be much higher for Daredevil on Netflix.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 16th, 2015, 11:31 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Enjoying "Better Call Saul."

I also like Gotham, but I have no preconceived notions having never read any comics. They could do just about anything and I wouldn't know any different.

I thought the young actor who played Joker did a great job.
Old March 17th, 2015, 09:40 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Tonight's episode of The Flash was The Big Reveal we've been waiting for since the beginning. The plot is now in free fall, with almost all of the relationships between the characters about to change.

If you haven't seen it, this is the one to watch!
Old March 18th, 2015, 08:41 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Agreed. It was exactly what the show needed.
Agents of Shield was solid also.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 24th, 2015, 01:14 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Tuesday Weld

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV