Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for the map(s) that are the best
Contrast 13 50.00%
Turret Rocks: Jungle Edition 6 23.08%
Lava Crag 2.0 6 23.08%
Phalanx 16 61.54%
Nebo Terrace 11 42.31%
Nightblood 21 80.77%
Sanctuary 4 15.38%
Example 22 3 11.54%
Shallow Sump 1 3.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 9th, 2022, 12:01 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Bracket 1 ScapeCon ll Map Contest: Deadline 11th

This is the first of three brackets for the ScapeCon ll Map Contest. If you don't know what ScapeCon is check of this subform.

The goal of this contest was to create tournament quality maps that didn't use road or castle, but you were allowed to use ladders and battlements. There was a total of 26 maps submitted. This bracket has nine maps and the others have nine or eight. The top 3 from each bracket will advance to the final round. You may vote for multiple maps. You are allowed to vote for your own maps.

Link to other brackets: Two, Three

Polls close Wednesday 5/11 at 11:59 PM Central.

Last edited by infectedsloth; May 9th, 2022 at 12:20 AM.
Old May 9th, 2022, 03:12 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
More Shenanigans

#DysoleMapReviews

Contrast

Excellent makeup palette. Would wear. Marketing slogan already written "Wear a map on your face"

Turret Rocks: Jungle Edition

Has Rocks. Has Jungle. Maybe those things count as turrets but was hoping for automated ones that shoot incoming enemies. 2.5/3 is a solid score though.

Lava Crag 2.0

Has Lava but needs more crags. 3 hexes high is not a cliff face. Maybe 3.0 will have higher crags.

Phalanx

Missing finger bones or soldiers. Or both. Both would be good. Pre install your map with some legionnaires and it'll be perfect.

Nebo Terrace

I guess I could take this and rest a tablet on it, but I feel like the ruins and battlements aren't sturdy enough for that.

Nightblood

Should come with a bottle of ketchup and a blacklight for full effect.

Sanctuary

I guess we're hiding behind the Hive? Marro will never think to look there for us.

Example 22

Finn never looked so good in Spider-man's tights

Shallow Sump

Good usage of rocks and Hive to raise the total height of the map making everything else shallow.

In all seriousness though I voted for Contrast, TR:JE, Nebo Terrace, and Nightblood. I don't have reasons; those are just the ones I liked the most looking at them.

~Dysole, having way too much fun
Old May 12th, 2022, 04:22 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Bracket 1 ScapeCon ll Map Contest: Deadline 11th

Thoughts on a few of these maps, focusing on ones that advanced and ones that (imo) deserved better. Bracket 1 was pretty stacked so I'm commenting on most of these but the other brackets I'll limit it a bit more.

Contrast

I like this map, the lava is overall placed well and the height is smooth but dynamic. My concerns here are over the glyph areas: having one glyph be 4 move flying from on SZ is potentially rough, the 7/10 walking move split isn't ideal, and the path to get around the glyph to the outside is realllllly snaky. Maybe it's all a wash but it just seems busy. The center of the map was enough to get my vote, though.

Turret Rocks: JE

Thought this would pull more votes. The turret could be lowered by 2 and I think the ruins could be rotated to their original TR positions, but this looks solid.

Lava Crag

Also thought this deserved more votes than it got. Not a fan of the level 2 lava placement or the same-level lava, but the rest of the center looks good.

Phalanx

Not sure this is the best 1 RotV map in the contest, but I'm glad it's doing well.

Nebo Terrace

Also nearly got my vote. Seems similar to TR:JE actually. I worry the center is a bit difficult to traverse (either north-south or east-west) with the glyph/tree/water configuration.

Nightblood

Just looks like a winner. I do wonder if the level 4 lava should be split 3/2 instead of 4/1 but there's a lot to like here. And I think the back-of-SZ water should get dropped.

Sanctuary

My one big complaint is the level 0 speed dump in front of the SZs. I guess it's to lengthen the map? I'd rather those spaces be at the back of the SZ if that's necessary. Oh, and I think grass is ugly when combined with swamp. :/
Old May 12th, 2022, 05:29 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Nightblood
And I think the back-of-SZ water should get dropped.
That's for his MW's silly (they ARE his favorite unit).

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 12th, 2022, 06:44 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Nightblood
And I think the back-of-SZ water should get dropped.
That's for his MW's silly (they ARE his favorite unit).
Lol - mostly for my personal preference on aesthetics - it feels weird to not have something there to complete the hexagonal shape. But also partially because it is possible for the marro hive to block off the back two spaces without those water tiles there ( since figures can't move through the hive).

Edit: I originally had it as molten lava. @dok loved it too much though so I decided to change it.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games