Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Old February 4th, 2009, 04:58 PM

ROM has disabled reputation
Re: Players who got hooked through Marvelscape.

I had seen Heroscape on the shelves and, though it looked interesting, passed on it.

When I heard the news that they were releasing a Marvel version I went out and bought ROTV, the castle set and the RTTFF to use as more terrain for the upcoming Marvel set. Later I picked up the second starter set with the Marro swamp.

I've still never played with any of the classic Heroscape figures.
Old February 4th, 2009, 10:49 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Well, despite not having played with any of the normalscape figures, I guess that counts as hooked on the game - welcome to the list! You should really consider trying them, though. Classic Heroscape is a great game too.

Love your name and avatar, by the way. If only Heroclix could've ever gotten the rights to do a ROM figure, my collection of Marvel custom figures would be complete.

Last edited by Sherman Davies; February 5th, 2009 at 09:20 AM.
Old February 5th, 2009, 03:42 PM

ROM has disabled reputation

I just haven't found anyone willing to play.

My best hope is in a few years when my son and nephew are old enough to get into it.
Old February 8th, 2009, 09:11 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Why not try the Meet Other Scapers section of the site? I know there's a pretty popular Ohio thread in there.
Old February 8th, 2009, 11:56 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I never saw this thread, and I'd wager many others didn't see it either. In any case, it was certainly Marvel that pulled me in. The Marro on the cover of RotV seemed uninteresting to me, and the $40 price tag seemed a bit steep to just try out on a whim.

But one day my son saw the Marvel set at Walmart, and so I figured we could take a shot at it. Loved it, went back and bought RotV, a pack of WoA and a pack of Nakitas the next day. (We needed some girl characters for my daughter.) Then I really, really got into it.

My wife got a bunch of Marvel sets on clearance at Target later on, and we used them as birthday/Christmas presents for cousins and kids' friends. At least two of those kids got hooked pretty heavily, too.

Marvel was an excellent gateway drug . . . er, game, for us.

--

To ROM, I'd certainly recommend trying the other characters, too. Even if you just play against yourself (I do that more often than I care to admit...)

Off topic: Every time I see your avatar, it reminds me of the stack of ROM comics sitting in my basement. I didn't know anyone still knew who ROM was.
Old February 9th, 2009, 08:51 AM

Welcome, fomox! Glad to have you on the list.

Yeah, you'd be surprised how many of us here have fond memories of ROM. I gotta say, though, that one of the scariest things I've ever seen on the internet (and that's saying something) was some girl's ROM fanpage filled with her own drawings and paintings of her on ROM - in his human form - in romantic settings like picnics and beaches and whatnot. I believe she had also written a bunch of love poems to him, too. Creepy.
Old February 9th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Add me to the list. When I first played, we only had the classic game, but when we got the Marvel, then things escalated to a whole new level and I fell for the game as a whole.

~ET86

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old February 11th, 2009, 01:03 AM

Come on in, ET86! Good to have high-rep members like you and fomox on it; I think it shows that Marvel has done a lot to enrich this community.
Old February 11th, 2009, 11:47 AM

artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker

I definitely started playing Heroscape because of the Marvel game. I
would never have even bought any Heroscape products if not for the inclusion of some of my favorite super heroes. That being said I do enjoy the entirety of Heroscape immensely. Broader marketing can only help Heroscape. I am disappointed they never released any more marvel expansions, as I was under the assumption they would. I can make my
customs but I kind of like how the official heroscape marvel sculpts work
with the game better than the heroclix ones.

CORVUS
Old February 11th, 2009, 01:57 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think that anyone "on the edge" about buying the Marvel set should read this thread!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old February 12th, 2009, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemiscorso View Post
I definitely started playing Heroscape because of the Marvel game. I
would never have even bought any Heroscape products if not for the inclusion of some of my favorite super heroes. That being said I do enjoy the entirety of Heroscape immensely. Broader marketing can only help Heroscape. I am disappointed they never released any more marvel expansions, as I was under the assumption they would. I can make my
customs but I kind of like how the official heroscape marvel sculpts work
with the game better than the heroclix ones.
Thanks for speaking up, artemiscorso - you're now on the list.

I'm disappointed as well about the status of the Marvel expansion. I really like making customs, but having official figures would lessen my load, as well as provide me more supers to use as a basis for comparison for my custom heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
I think that anyone "on the edge" about buying the Marvel set should read this thread!
Thanks, gorthan. My original hope for this thread was for it to serve as evidence of how many new players Marvelscape brought to this great game. If it also encourages people who only have regular Heroscape to buy some of those Marvel sets out there, even better.
Old February 15th, 2009, 10:35 AM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

I did not get hooked on heroscape through Marvel but I know play more Marvel games than classic. I have recently started using the custom cards because I don't think we will see a Wave 1 for Marvel. This has really made Heroscape. I am currently preparing a Marvel "March Madness tournament" to crown the overall champion of Marvel Heroscape. I would definitely recommend Marvel Heroscape to go along with Classic Heroscape.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion