Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old August 12th, 2022, 01:07 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
So with all these Pirates, I bet the "Bitter Sea" and "Haukeland" will get mentioned in bios, their set/pack names, lore in the rulebook, etc.

EDIT: Hmm, so what's that "crack" in the middle of the Bitter Sea? Is it a small rip in the map, or is it something "Pacific Rim"-ish?...
Maybe we'll see a full-sized continent at some point, or at least an addition to the current map alongside new terrain expansions.

As for the "crack" in the map, it looks like just a rip in the tattered parchment, based on the similar rip just below the "Valhalla" text in the upper left.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old August 12th, 2022, 02:02 AM

foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby!

So do we know if like any generally useful people were summon to Valhalla? You know thinking about maps just made me wonder if they ever tried to summon a cartographer or something.

The logistics of keeping an army from a bunch of different planets and times working together must be insane. Living requirements, food/energy, medical care and sci-fi repair tech. I’m magic helps with a lot of it, but that just raises even more questions.
Old August 12th, 2022, 03:15 AM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!

Resurrecting my account that lapsed into "lurk back for news (just in case) every six to ten months" long ago during college because I just heard the news, and was blown away. And then spent a good two and a half hours reading through this whole thread, agog at all the new details that have been dropping the past few days.

I have been looking at having a place with a dedicated room for gaming here in the next six months or so
Mainly for D&D these days, but always with some difficult room in mind to be set aside for Heroscape. I've been stoked to finally be able to bust out in full again after keeping it mostly in storage for the last few years.

Then, this news -- taking me back to 13yo me seeing the first Heroscape commercial and knowing I needed it, to getting the RotV master set with the sparkling water that Christmas, to the years of collecting what I could when I could as we moved across the country a few times, always building and tearing down maps and making big messes and forcing family and friends to play, and eventually to building a small community of players in high school and college, joining up with this community as I expanded my collection and even got into the local tourney scene in Central Illinois...

Now, connecting all that through again to me as an adult, this news means being able to not only bring back one of my lifelong passions for select friends interested in trying an out-of-print game but to help introduce a whole new crowd to its true revival.

Still blown away by Scape's resurrection and so excited to see where this goes from here. Hats off to the team at AH and the War Council, and of course to this incredible community who has kept this one-of-a-kind game alive all these long years.

Proto's Custom Maps and Units!
Old August 12th, 2022, 03:52 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Remember: those of us who don't paint aren't getting new Heroscape figures, so it's understandable that we're a bit sad.
Uh, you are getting new Heroscape figures. No one is excluded from purchasing the new figures because they are unpainted.
No, of course not. I'm not excluded from purchasing Warhammer figures either, but I don't actually do that. In fact, if buying unpainted figures were feasible for me, I'd have literally dozens of options for figures—dozens of lines, that is; closer to hundreds of individual sculpts—but (for me) there's no point in spending my money on such things. For me, if I want to buy figures that I can't play with until I put some effort into completing it, I'd rather buy pre-painted figures and make my own cards. That's a goal I can actually achieve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
I hope that all you folks who are irked at the unpainted aspect will keep it respectful and not whine or be accusatory in your comments. I also hope that all you folks who are just fine with the unpainted aspect will be respectful and allow the folks on the other side to vent their frustration, as long as they keep it calm and polite.
I don't think you have to worry in this regard, Xotli. You know as well as I do that one of the things that makes this community great is that it's generally less internet than most of the internet.
I agree with you in general, but it did seem like at least some participants were getting a little worked up over the topic, so I just wanted to remind everyone to be chill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old August 12th, 2022, 08:53 AM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Old Man Drake with Agent Carr's Sword of Reckoning.
Mostly because I wrote a fan-fic about it.
Hec yeah!

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old August 12th, 2022, 08:54 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
No, of course not. I'm not excluded from purchasing Warhammer figures either, but I don't actually do that. In fact, if buying unpainted figures were feasible for me, I'd have literally dozens of options for figures—dozens of lines, that is; closer to hundreds of individual sculpts—but (for me) there's no point in spending my money on such things. For me, if I want to buy figures that I can't play with until I put some effort into completing it, I'd rather buy pre-painted figures and make my own cards. That's a goal I can actually achieve.
I feel like you're talking past me. Warhammer miniatures don't come with Heroscape army cards designed in cooperation with Craig Van Ness, the original creator of Heroscape (they also have to be assembled, which these won't be). The point I'm actually making is that the figures can be played with *unpainted* just like the AotP stuff was. It is new, official, "canon" Heroscape. The most legitimate Heroscape you could possibly hope for. All that is required for use is either accepting the presence of unpainted figures (in the color of their faction/general) on the battlefield, or getting them painted by some means.

I think you know this, but your obtuse response implies that it is possible you haven't considered the "use unpainted" option. I suspect that is what the majority of players will do. It's probably what I will do.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 12th, 2022, 08:56 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm fairly certain he has considered the "use unpainted" option and rejected it. I think we should all feel comfortable moving on to other topics.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 12th, 2022, 09:31 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
[ (they also have to be assembled, which these won't be)

Is that confirmed? Some of the comparable games I'm looking at do sell the minis unassembled and I'm hearing from people that want to paint theirs that they would prefer them unassembled. It would make them easier to paint.
Old August 12th, 2022, 09:50 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
[ (they also have to be assembled, which these won't be)

Is that confirmed? Some of the comparable games I'm looking at do sell the minis unassembled and I'm hearing from people that want to paint theirs that they would prefer them unassembled. It would make them easier to paint.
They've said no assembly but I somehow think they mean no gluing things together as the large dragon will undoubtedly come in a couple of parts. I'm assuming like Mimring. Either that or it takes up most of the box!

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; August 12th, 2022 at 09:51 AM. Reason: ...You be dragon too! Old jokes never fade away.
Old August 12th, 2022, 10:40 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Today's first (and only?) update dropped pretty early in the day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encarmine
DESIGNER'S NOTES - DAY 04 – Wow, those dragons grow up really fast don't they... (Have a great weekend everybody!)

I am convinced that is Sonlen riding his dragon.

EDIT: Also, the filename for this image is "Heroscape_Social_009." The previous ones started at 1 and increased monotonically to 5. I am wondering if this is an earlier-than-planned drop!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 12th, 2022, 10:57 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Thanks Cap!!!

clearly Heroscape_Social_009 means 9th wizard, obviously

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; August 12th, 2022 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Sonlen got demoted from archmage somehow
Old August 12th, 2022, 11:01 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Tell me that’s not awesome!!! Been so excited for that concept art to drop!

Last edited by skyknight; August 12th, 2022 at 12:03 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion