Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old August 5th, 2022, 11:11 AM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
You all are the first to know, too. I posted that moments after we were given the authority to say it.

You won’t see it on Facebook or discord or anywhere else yet because you all are first.
Thank you for taking the time to inform us! I appreciate the team's transparency in all the waves of hype and excitement 😁

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old August 5th, 2022, 11:11 AM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It's still early. They could potentially have a painted mini version exclusives to founding backers happen if there's enough Internet demand. We live in a world with the Snyder cut and without the Ugly Sonic movie.

An Ugly Sonic mini better be a stretch goal.
Old August 5th, 2022, 11:17 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Assuming this is crowd funded, I for one am all about having a $500 tier where folks can get prepainted minis in the release (assuming the painting is done by industry professionals for that cost).

I will not be purchasing it, but I'm all about it being offered.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 5th, 2022, 11:24 AM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Its great to see this forum come alive again.

Regarding the painting debate, I would encourage everyone to stay away from making mean spirited statements against their fellow Heroscaper whether they be for or against unpainted minatures. There's been a lot of news (and a lot we still don't know) and everyone is digesting it in real time which of course has lead to some heated exchanges we haven't seen in our community in many years. It's been a bit disheartening to see the Facebook and Discord groups take a turn for the worse when it comes to infighting when this should be a time of celebration.

With that said, there is one particular damaging sentiment that I wanted to address that I've seen repeated across many different channels and that is the idea that people are entitled or lazy for expecting Heroscape to be painted. Given the history of Heroscape being prepainted and given the fact that our VC community has kept this tradition for the past 12 years, it is perfectly reasonable for people to expect to keep that tradition going and I would say it is a bit unreasaonable to ask people to change their feelings on a 20+ year tradition in a single day. Let's grant each other a little grace here and realize that this is a very nuanced topic.

I've also seen others say if you don't like unpainted minatures than the game isn't for you any more. I would remind you that the Heroscape community is much smaller than HeroQuest and we need everyone to participate in this revival if they are able to. Especially since Heroscape will now be competing with the MANY other unpainted miniature games out there and it will have its work cutout to convince new players to choose this battlesystem to invest both their gaming and painting hobby time into.

I am a competition painter but I still recoginze that for many people painting is not a desired hobby and I completely respect that opinion since I shared it 3 years ago. I also know that many of my fellow painters have what we refer to as "piles of shame" that we will "get to one of these days" and I'm personally not excited about having another game system adding to my personal pile of unpainted miniatures. Painting is a great hobby for those who enjoy it but it is not without its challenges and I do not fault those who wish to avoid what some consider the painting trap of never ending piles of plastic that have to be painted.

Just my two cents. Hopefully these thoughts are received in the right spirit. Its going to be up to us veterans to bring the community together during this time of transition. I'm excited for the future while respecting that the future will having some growing pains.
Old August 5th, 2022, 11:28 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Yeah, I do understand the opinion that people would prefer prepainted. I think that’s a bigger ask than people are assuming given the current market, but I wasn’t calling it insane - I was indeed referring to the number of people for whom that’s a dealbreaker. Way higher than I would have anticipated.
Old August 5th, 2022, 11:36 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Is anyone wondering what the "age of annihilation" is all about?

Maybe this is a clue:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Valkrill's Legion (originally called Advocates of Annihilation) – contains one large Ogre Pulverizer, a 2-figure Mezzodemon squad: “Mezzodemon Warmongers”, a 2-figure Death Knight squad: “Death Knights of Valkrill”, one Scarab of Invulnerability treasure glyph, four stat cards, and 2 exoskeleton markers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 5th, 2022, 12:01 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Finally someone else also mentioned the backstory. Good thought, too! For my questions, see Post #180 upthread.
Old August 5th, 2022, 12:02 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Hi, all.

I’m excited to say that I’ve been authorized to report that the minis will be shaded by general. It will not be a sea of gray. The miniatures will be in the schemes of their generals.
Awesome. That's great news, @Dad_Scaper .
Old August 5th, 2022, 12:05 PM

Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby!

Over a decade since I last logged in, and never thought I would see the day that new product would be coming out officially.

It's with a semi-heavy heart though...as the idea of pulling out all the old Scape stuff is exciting, but I am terrified of how much of it is going to break when I first try to start building a map (or more realistically, take it apart). In the bins above my desk, it's in pristine condition, but the thought of half of it snapping in half is keeping me from pulling it down to use it.

I guess when the new Scape comes out, it will be YOLO time and hopefully I don't just end up with ScapeCroutons scattered all over my gaming table.

___

On the topic of the painted vs non-painted...I empathize with those that have no interest or desire to paint their own minis or that don't want to play with unpainted ones. I am a mini-painter myself, so I am not too bothered by it (though my painting backlog sure doesn't need MORE in it...), but it's a major change for many.

Having a deluxe tier with pre-painted minis does seem like it would be a great option to have available. I also echo that having some official art to help ease the painting process for those that want to paint would be great as well.

My Customs
Winter Olympics = $6,000,000,000
Gold Medal Hockey Tickets = $2,000
Seeing an American Politician forced to wear a Canadian Jersey = Priceless
Old August 5th, 2022, 12:20 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Hi, all.

I’m excited to say that I’ve been authorized to report that the minis will be shaded by general. It will not be a sea of gray. The miniatures will be in the schemes of their generals.
That's interesting! Nice compromise.
Old August 5th, 2022, 12:22 PM

foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby!

I’ve been ruminating on it, and while I can’t speak for everyone I think I’m personally still a bit bitter about how heroscape ended on an official level.

On a rational level I understand why unpainted minis are the correct decision, but on an emotional level it kind of feels like I’m being punished for something that wasn’t my fault. I put a lot of money and emotional energy into trying to keep heroscape going. I bought the product when things were good, I bought the product when hasbro screwed up and were forced to switch to reusing d&d figures. I invested a lot of emotional energy into trying to be positive about it the whole way through.

And now I’m being told that I must sacrifice more. I want to be excited but excitement and hope backfired on me last time, and I mostly don’t want to be burned again.

I understand why people might be upset about negative posts like mine though. I’m sure there’s some serious emotional whiplash to be very excited for the miraculous revival of what appeared to be a completely dead game and then see parts of the community react with melancholy and defiance.

I guess what I’m saying is that I think everyone needs to understand that this might not be a simple situation. I think emotions are high and we need to be patient with each other and sympathetic to how everyone is feeling.
Old August 5th, 2022, 12:25 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by foofoofun View Post
I’ve been ruminating on it, and while I can’t speak for everyone I think I’m personally still a bit bitter about how heroscape ended on an official level.

On a rational level I understand why unpainted minis are the correct decision, but on an emotional level it kind of feels like I’m being punished for something that wasn’t my fault. I put a lot of money and emotional energy into trying to keep heroscape going. I bought the product when things were good, I bought the product when hasbro screwed up and were forced to switch to reusing d&d figures. I invested a lot of emotional energy into trying to be positive about it the whole way through.

And now I’m being told that I must sacrifice more. I want to be excited but excitement and hope backfired on me last time, and I mostly don’t want to be burned again.

I understand why people might be upset about negative posts like mine though. I’m sure there’s some serious emotional whiplash to be very excited for the miraculous revival of what appeared to be a completely dead game and then see parts of the community react with melancholy and defiance.

I guess what I’m saying is that I think everyone needs to understand that this might not be a simple situation. I think emotions are high and we need to be patient with each other and sympathetic to how everyone is feeling.
"Do you want to buy this new toy? It's similar to an old toy you like but there are some changes."

"How much more do you want me to sacrifice!? Before, when you were offering me nothing, I was free from cruel torture like this."

Really?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion