Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old August 3rd, 2022, 08:06 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Excited to be getting back into Heroscape (thanks to ScapeCon) weeks before this announcement went live!

Time to get that sweet sweet lore

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old August 3rd, 2022, 08:07 PM
VIG & Battleship Galaxies Weasel

P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby!

MegaSliver, Thanks for the photo

The high quality of the paint jobs worries me. Does appear that these will be unpainted and aimed at the hobby market.
Old August 3rd, 2022, 08:14 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Who is the dragon lady?
Back when Hasbro was deciding how to package shipments of the first large expansion sets ("Road to the Forgotten Forest" terrain set and "Orm's Return" unique large hero set), she who was deemed 'Dragon Lady' made the decision to pack two sets of "Orm's Return" with just one set of "Road to the Forgotten Forest", because in her mind, "kids will want to buy more dragons rather than terrain." This severely limited access to the RttFF, which people wanted multiples of, and stores had difficulty moving the additional sets of the large heroes, which people really needed one of. Needless to say, she was not at all aware of how to market the game. After this debacle, next large expansion sets were shipped with two terrain sets and one hero set.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old August 3rd, 2022, 08:19 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
I don't think this represents all the terrain in the set nor the miniatures.

However due to the paint job and the different colored bases, I'm going to guess this all comes unpainted.
I'm not so sure. They look to be about Mage Knight quality. I just can't imagine they will ship unpainted figures but who knows in today's environment.
Old August 3rd, 2022, 08:19 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Agreed, because I don't see any squads. But what a way to introduce an upcoming edition! Very much looking forward to finding out more, especially with the mention that Hasbro is "all in".

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old August 3rd, 2022, 08:23 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I would be fine with no squads this time.
Hero is in the name.
Old August 3rd, 2022, 08:26 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p View Post
Quote:
Agreed, because I don't see any squads. But what a way to introduce an upcoming edition! Very much looking forward to finding out more, especially with the mention that Hasbro is "all in".
Just a theory on my end, but those orcish-looking characters with the heavy weapons seem to share a design theme so they might be one of the squads

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old August 3rd, 2022, 08:34 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_J_Keller View Post
MegaSliver, Thanks for the photo

The high quality of the paint jobs worries me. Does appear that these will be unpainted and aimed at the hobby market.
Do you think a company would display a "regular" paint job when revealing a brand new game?

I'm sure the AotP plans walkers looked spectacular at gencon and we all know how they ended up looking

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old August 3rd, 2022, 09:19 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Can't wait!
Old August 3rd, 2022, 10:06 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Awesome news to come home to! Looking forward to learn more over the coming days.

Fingers crossed that the (possibly new) game model wasn't inspired by the recent Kickstarter/mini-based game trends. The paint job for those models remind me of when I saw Batman: Gotham City Chronicles set up at GenCon, but I'm sure that we'll learn more about these details soon.
Old August 3rd, 2022, 11:37 PM

Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Who is the dragon lady?
Back when Hasbro was deciding how to package shipments of the first large expansion sets ("Road to the Forgotten Forest" terrain set and "Orm's Return" unique large hero set), she who was deemed 'Dragon Lady' made the decision to pack two sets of "Orm's Return" with just one set of "Road to the Forgotten Forest", because in her mind, "kids will want to buy more dragons rather than terrain." This severely limited access to the RttFF, which people wanted multiples of, and stores had difficulty moving the additional sets of the large heroes, which people really needed one of. Needless to say, she was not at all aware of how to market the game. After this debacle, next large expansion sets were shipped with two terrain sets and one hero set.
The dragon lady is long gone. We are making smart decisions this go around!
Old August 3rd, 2022, 11:45 PM

Brick1321 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Man, can't wait to see more information and photos! Had most of the Heroscape releases when they were still in production as a kid.

Had to create a new account and jump back in to this community! Can't wait to throw money at this great game again!

Cheers!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion