Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old September 16th, 2021, 06:45 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Rick Jones - Public Playtesting

Since the move on Sneak and Survive is equal to his move number, you can just say “move Rick Jones” rather than “up to 5 spaces”.
Old September 16th, 2021, 08:32 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
That looks like a solid direction. I think it'll get all 3 powers into play more consistently which should up the fun factor while giving him a niche beyond Cap 1's buddy. Probably a bit of a nerf overall but the Daring Distraction got powered up a bit at the same time, so maybe not.

If we're happy with those changes I could run another game tonight if you'd like.
Yes, please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Since the move on Sneak and Survive is equal to his move number, you can just say “move Rick Jones” rather than “up to 5 spaces”.
Good point. Yeah, I was trying to be consistent with the 5's across the board.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 17th, 2021, 06:55 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Ricky Bobby

Army Test
Map: Song of the Walrus
Units: Rick Jones (80), Captain America (240), Hawkeye (220), Wolverine (270) (810) VS Captain Cold (II), Abra Kadabra, Mirror Master Sam, Weather Wizard (I), The Top (810)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Rick’s defense subtraction is really good. I might tie that to the X reveal so you have to have Rick up close by before that shows up. Reducing the range like you suggested is also a fine option as that would make him more vulnerable to enemies. But honestly it didn’t feel broken as is. Exploiting it with some lockdown figures might be worth looking into, though Rick really likes the Cap/Hawkeye pairing too so bringing others has some opportunity cost.

This version was a lot more fun than the previous version, with all powers coming into play and Rick actively influencing the battle. The gameplay felt like he was distracting the enemy then ducking back down into cover.
Old September 17th, 2021, 07:11 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Cool, looks good! Sounds like the powers are all getting play now, so we solved the major issue. Now time to reel him in and get the cost right.

I'm thinking I'll just pull the trigger on the 4 spaces to get him more in the action and also because taunting from 5 spaces away feels like a bit of a thematic stretch.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 19th, 2021, 10:33 PM

Looks like the change is working well. Since Alex is signed up, I'll give him some time to hopefully verify the cost of 80 here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Rick Jones

Version tested Game 1:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: City Park
Units: Hulk 370, She-Hulk 310, Captain America 240, Rick Jones VS Leader, A-Bomb, Abomination 320
Spoiler Alert!

Version tested Game 2:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Captain America(Sam) 180, Abomination 320, Hawkeye 220, Rick Jones VS The Wrecking Crew
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: The second version of Rick Jones is worth the 80 points. Great in Cap 240 builds once you get into the action. Really helpful in Gamma Mutate builds to help those big hitters go against softer defense, with Daring Distraction.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: When I read over the first version of Rick Jones, I really didn't know what I was going to do with him. He did have a few helpful tricks but getting Daring Distraction set-up was near impossible without having to place order markers on him. I had a hard time justifying taking turns with him over Hulk. The minus 2 defense just wasn't worth it. The second version is where Rick shines a little more. You lose out on just revealing the x marker on Cap in the beginning of the round but you gain in making his other powers better. Daring Distraction works so much better, as does the other 2 powers. Being able to move 5 spaces over 2 is huge. This Rick Jones really opens up so many more possibilites. He really worked great in game 2 with Sam and Hawkeye. Solid redesign brought out a really solid 80 point figure.

Old September 28th, 2021, 06:24 AM

Updated Eric/Toy test with the third test and commentary from Toy at the end:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Rick Jones

Version tested Game 1:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Hulk 370, She-Hulk 310, Captain America 240, Rick Jones VS Leader, A-Bomb, Abomination 320
Spoiler Alert!

Version tested Game 2:
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Captain America(Sam) 180, Abomination 320, Hawkeye 220, Rick Jones VS Army2
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Captain America 240, Mr Fantastic, Invisible Woman, She-Hulk, Rick Jones, Skrull Infiltrator x2 VS Luke Cage, Songbird, Wolverine, Daredevil 200, Spiderman 250
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: The second version of Rick Jones is worth the 80 points. Great in Cap 240 builds once you get into the action. Really helpful in Gamma Mutate builds to help those big hitters go against softer defense, with Daring Distraction.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: When I read over the first version of Rick Jones, I really didn't know what I was going to do with him. He did have a few helpful tricks but getting Daring Distraction set-up was near impossible without having to place order markers on him. I had a hard time justifying taking turns with him over Hulk. The minus 2 defense just wasn't worth it. The second version is where Rick shines a little more. You lose out on just revealing the x marker on Cap in the beginning of the round but you gain in making his other powers better. Daring Distraction works so much better, as does the other 2 powers. But once your opponent gets attacked a few times with reduced defense he gets a bullseye on his back. Being able to move 5 spaces over 2 is huge. This Rick Jones really opens up so many more possibilites. He really worked great in game 2 with Sam and Hawkeye. Solid redesign brought out a really solid 80 point figure.
The first match of my Leader/Abom/A-Bomb army, it was tough to gauge how useful Rick was. His team certainly benefitted from Cap’s X OM reveal, and Hulk was enjoying having full rounds to himself, while boosted by cap.

I built my army to give Rick Jones turns to position off of Mr. Fantastic, and Cap to give Avengers Markers for Rick Jones to make use of. Rick turned out extremely useful in this combination. Helped a lot in undoing the defensive bonuses of Songbird and Luke Cage, which was needed to reduce the army’s turn efficiency. Rick is still vulnerable to special powers, and barely survived Spider-man’s web-sling+attack, but pretty sure he survived thanks to the defensive bonus of Invisible Woman. I would like to see more adventurers in the future to build him with in the FF, but I know there are more Avengers Markers cards coming that will give Rick solid movement, without the need of a turn. Looking forward to that as well.

I made a lot of bad plays in this matchup, such as not attacking the Evergreen early on in the game, allowing Songbird to wound Mr. F with it, and positioning Invisible Woman and Rick in more vulnerable spots than they should have been, but his team still took the game. 
Was a close one though. Spidey finishing off She-Hulk was scary, as I had OM2&3 on her. Luckily my OM1 on Cap was enough to finish off Spidey by 1 skull. If Spidey had lived, he would have 2 free turns to finish off Reed, freeing him to move into Web Sling positions and finish off Cap.

Overall, fun design, and made me a Rick fan. 80 points seems like a solid investment.

Old September 28th, 2021, 06:26 AM

1-1 in the final version after tweaking things down to get him to feel like his cost and feel balanced in his options.

Have AlexH still, but I'm feeling confident about moving forward. I checked with Alex to see what his likely turnaround time is. If he's not close, I may propose moving this forward.

Old September 29th, 2021, 03:18 PM

Alex let me know it's not looking like he's going to get it done, so I propose we move to Final Editing.

Old September 29th, 2021, 03:34 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Rick Jones - VOTE for Final Editing

Yea
Old September 29th, 2021, 03:44 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Yea
Old September 30th, 2021, 11:04 AM

Still looking for a couple of votes here.

Old September 30th, 2021, 11:12 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Yea

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library