Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old August 5th, 2010, 02:08 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!
Computer Questions

Here's where non-computer-savvy people like me can ask their question, hoping that someone can assist them.

I'll start: How do I insert a picture from iPhoto into a post?
Old August 5th, 2010, 02:13 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Computer Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockma Ranyk View Post
Here's where non-computer-savvy people like me can ask their question, hoping that someone can assist them.

I'll start: How do I insert a picture from iPhoto into a post?
The picture needs to be hosted on an online image hosting site like "photobucket"

Then you just cut and paste the URL in the pop up box when clicking this button

Or you can jst cut and paste the tag under the picture at photobucket that has the [img] tags
Old August 5th, 2010, 02:17 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

So, there's no way to do it without an account on a photo-hosting website?
Old August 5th, 2010, 02:19 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Correct

(If you get Contributor or Site Supporter status here you can use the gallery here to host them too)

PS Photobucket is free to sign up
Old August 5th, 2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Correct

(If you get Contributor or Site Supporter status here you can use the gallery here to host them too)

My parents are extremely paranoid about anything that involves registering. That's all.
Old August 5th, 2010, 05:34 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

My parents are extremely paranoid about anything that involves registering. That's all.
Like Onacara said, you can ask to be a Contributed, although you would have already had to have contributed to the site in most cases.

Or you can pay $15 to become a Site Supporter for a year (or $45 for 29 years). You'll also get a blog here, and the ability to neg rep people, in addition to the uploading pictures and files.
Old August 5th, 2010, 06:15 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

To register for most sites (including both heroscapers and photobucket), you just need to give your e-mail address and don't even need to give you're real name.

For a comprehensive list of photo sharing sites and features, check wikipedia's list.
Old August 6th, 2010, 05:49 PM

Well, tried Photobucket, put in age once, said I was too young to join, lied about my age to try to get in, and it still blocked me. We think photobucket saved on their site my first try, and is not accepting anything but that, and isn't excepting that for age issues.

So, we tried imageshack. It worked. We were all happy, and then found out the hard way that the morons were going to charge us to have any more than 15 pics.

Anyone know any other reliable sites?

Also, just thought I'd throw this in for laughs, my dad had never heard of Photobucket.
Old August 6th, 2010, 05:59 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like Picasa Web Albums, a free service from Google.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old August 6th, 2010, 07:09 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

I use Tinypic.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old August 7th, 2010, 11:05 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Well, tried Photobucket, put in age once, said I was too young to join, lied about my age to try to get in, and it still blocked me. We think photobucket saved on their site my first try, and is not accepting anything but that, and isn't excepting that for age issues.

So, we tried imageshack. It worked. We were all happy, and then found out the hard way that the morons were going to charge us to have any more than 15 pics.

Anyone know any other reliable sites?

Also, just thought I'd throw this in for laughs, my dad had never heard of Photobucket.
Go back to photoshop after a few days. Worked like a charm for me.

Can you defeat a mind such as mine?
Riddler
Old August 9th, 2010, 02:40 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Correct

If you don't want to use photobucket (I've had it for 7 months without a problem, but its your choice) you can always use facebook. Just upload them there and post them here in the same way. It's really just another image hosting website if you want to use it that way.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General