Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old November 25th, 2017, 11:39 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I believe the Move should be 5. It's a pretty standard move across C3G and though I found no proof (the only mention of it was way later) I'd think if his move was 4 there would have been a comment somewhere and I didn't find anything. Someone testing or the ERB would have asked why 4 if he was 4 I think.

The other is definitely skull. SP updated. If someone in the know has a definitive answer to the move we can change it.
I always assumed his 4 Move was intentional. Using Temporal Marker and Time Warp he can move 7 spaces in a turn. If he had a Move of 5 he would be able to move 9.

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points
Old November 26th, 2017, 02:45 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Kang - Design Phase

I think the 4 is intentional, and I believe this is where it came into play (admittedly without much fanfare).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
He should probably have Flying too, to represent his Hover Disk. Maybe knock his move down one since he will be flying.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old November 26th, 2017, 02:59 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Thanks man.

It always makes me happy when I see one of your posts.
Old November 26th, 2017, 06:09 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Works for me...SP updated to match the card.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 19th, 2020, 04:43 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
From the FAQ:

Flying figures may choose to walk, or fly, but they can also switch how they move mid-turn.

If they choose not to fly, they can move like a normal walking character and not take leaving engagement attacks until they actually leave the engagement. As soon as an engaged figure declares that they are flying, they will take any leaving engagement attacks.

There's no specific mention of when you can and can't start/stop flying, but you can declare that you are flying mid-turn... and assuming Griffin is right about the "movement phase" not ending until you say so, I'd infer that you can continue to switch it on and off until you end movement.

Was trying to learn how to play Kang. Is this pretty much how he's played these days? Flying on and off at the end of movement to place the glyph and get a second turn?

Seems the discussion here moved over to the Human Torch thread all those years ago.

Is this pretty much how Human Torch is played these days, risking the leaving engagement to Flame On at some point every time he is moved, since it doesn't specify his turn

EDIT: Not to generalize how HT would be played. Obviously, when it's not worth the risk, the player would choose not to flame on, so not "every time he is moved."
Old October 22nd, 2020, 01:53 AM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Kang (I)

I did a bad job with that last post, but it helped me understand that I was still very confused. Please disregard it, and I'll try again from where I'm at now.

The conversation about the topic I'm referring to started here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by clembo2021 View Post
Gah, I think I've been playing Kang wrong. You can move fly 4 spaces, land, fly again, and place the Glyph under you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by clembo2021 View Post
the FAQ on page 1 says

Quote:
"When a figure Flies, it is moving over a space, and therefore not really "occupying" it. However, the official FAQ from Heroscape is that a figure with the Flying or Stealth Flying special power may fly for part of its move and walk for the other part, and switch between the two at any time."
So what's to stop you from moving 4 spaces, flying (so now you're not occupying the space, therefore it counts as "previously occupied"), and then landing.
It seemed like many decided that was ok, although the topic ended in this thread on IAmBatman's question from April 2012,
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'm not arguing that ... I'm arguing that it doesn't make sense that after moving 6 spaces, when your Move number is 6, you could start flying then.
That was a long time ago, I'm not sure what's changed since then.

I think the answer to IAmBatman's question lies in the same reasoning a figure can camp on the Temporal Displacement Glyph,

Q - If my figure starts its turn occupying this Glyph, do I have to move off of this Glyph and then move back onto it to use its power?
A - The official ruling for moving 0 spaces is that a move of 0 is still a move. You do not have to move off of the Glyph to use its power if you moved 0+ spaces and stopped on the Glyph.

Because the Movement Phase doesn't officially end until the start of using any "before attacking" power or attacking, it allows you to toggle the special power of Flying on and off with 0 Moves left until the end of the movement phase, occupying, unoccupying, and reoccupying after moving 4 spaces.

However, doesn't none of this matter in the case of Kang?
TEMPORAL MARKER 1
Start the game with one Glyph of Temporal Displacement on this card. After revealing an Order Marker on this card, at any point during this Kang's movement, you may place up to one Glyph of Temporal Displacement from this card power-side up on an empty space Kang previously occupied this turn.

Since Kang has no where to go after that fourth move, he can't place the glyph beneath him, because that space is never "Empty" with him flying on and off it.
Old October 22nd, 2020, 01:56 AM
Casing the Corners

Unless spaces with figures "passing over" them with flying are considered "Empty" for the period that the figure is flying??
Old October 22nd, 2020, 07:58 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

See, I think that's just wonky to say that you "fly" for a 0 spaces and that somehow makes the space under you mechanically "empty." That feels like rules lawyer manipulation at its finest, rather than anything that would be designer intent.

When you're flying, you're moving "over" a space rather than occupying it, but that's only when you're actually moving the figure over the space. If you're flying 0 spaces, I don't see that as moving "over" anything.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 22nd, 2020, 08:21 AM
Casing the Corners

I agree, I think 8.5 years ago when this discussion originally took place, its possible that the difference between empty and unoccupied were missed by some? Unless there's a ruling I missed somewhere that when a figure is flying above a space, that space is both unoccupied and empty.

If the power just said, "place up to one Glyph of Temporal Displacement from this card power-side up on a space Kang previously occupied this turn," I'd completely see why toggling flying would work. But the inclusion of "an empty" preserves the original intent of the power.
Old October 22nd, 2020, 08:28 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm not following why a distinction between empty (nothing in the space) and unoccupied (no figures in the space) is relevant. My argument is that if you're flying 0 spaces, the space your figure is in is neither empty nor unoccupied, because you haven't actually left that space/flown over it.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 22nd, 2020, 09:21 AM
Casing the Corners

I believe the argument is that flying is sort of a state of being for the figure that may be used in concert with moving between spaces, in addition to moving zero spaces, because as soon as a figure has taken flight, but before leaving the space, adjacent opponents roll for leaving engagement attacks, because that Flying figure no longer occupies the space.

A figure taking flight and landing over and over could potentially be suicide for that figure after enough successful leaving engagement attacks.

I'm just spitballing, but perhaps the words "passing swipe" meaning the same as "leaving engagement" means or meant that when a figure no longer occupies a space, that is the same as "passing."

SPRINGWOOD SLASHER

After Freddy destroys a figure, you may place Freddy on this card. When placing Freddy on this card, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Freddy is not Flying or moving onto a different space, but by unoccupying the space to leave the battlefield, the special power specifically mentions that he will not take any leaving engagement attacks because that is against the norm.

A flying figure staying in place, to my present understanding, is unoccupying the space, but not emptying it.
Old October 22nd, 2020, 10:33 AM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

We always played that he (put simply) flew 3 spaces - walked 1 & placed glyph behind him - then started his free turn on that previous space - which would effectively give a move of 7 flying. Am I missing something and/or played it incorrectly?

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library