Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's
Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's A place to discuss specific questions regarding Marvel rules and cards.

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Hulk is Better?
Marvel Incredible Hulk 31 60.78%
C3G Incredible Hulk 20 39.22%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 24th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Unit Debate #65 -- Incredible Hulks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
You are right veg. If you lose initiative you could disengage and Soothe the Beast. It would require luck and timing to pull off though. If you can not Soothe the C3G Hulk he is nearly unstoppable, just like the comic Hulk.

Maxed out, original Hulk - Attack 11 Defense 6 C3G Hulk - Attack 12 Defense 12

I think the original Hulk is perfect for a novice but C3G Hulk is supremely vicious in the hands of a skilled player.

Peace Griffin, always.
Sometimes it's really easy to soothe C3G Hulk, and he falls apart, but other times things don't line up well and he just flat out dominates. Hasbro Hulk is probably the more consistent of the two, with C3G Hulk more mercurial, but one-on-one I'd take C3G Hulk, because the defensive bonus should trigger enough to make a difference, and if Hasbro Hulk wants to disengage that much, he's going to take some extra wounds for it.

Thor and either Hulk for 800-810 points is one of my favorite builds.

And Swamper, two words: Betty Ross.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 24th, 2012, 07:56 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Give me a Betty Ross and then we'll talk.
Old July 24th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am a real believer in the C3G hulk since his defense boost really kills anyone, whereas the original falls easily to a good sniper. While it is true that at first the old one might seem better, it takes practice and incredible (puns...) strategy to pull off a win with the C3G, but when you do, the hulk can destroy any competition.

However, the consistency of the original is what most people seek in a heavy hitter so the C3G often does not get a lot of love.

Counter for C3G Hulk - Doctor Strange
Old July 24th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

One on One I would take the C3G Hulk. There is a reason he costs 10 points more than the Hasbro Hulk, it's in the defense. Against a melee figure, it really hurts to disengage to soothe the C3G Hulk because you have to take a leaving engagement strike and give up an attack on him and that is dependant on losing initiative to begin with so Hulk can't just leap back into engagement with you.

In an army I would use both depending on the point total, who I was teaming him with and how I felt when drafting.

I don't know who did the art for Hasbro, but the guy who designed C3G Hulk's card is pretty awesome.
Old July 24th, 2012, 09:18 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It's easy to see this poll splitting down party lines.
Old July 24th, 2012, 10:17 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

C3G Hulk is all around better here. Although HasHulk has those Human synergies (which are not to be underestimated) and a guaranteed attack boost if he's wounded, it's all about how you play C3G Hulk that makes him better. If you play him right and keep him mad, he's far nastier.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 24th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamper View Post

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 25th, 2012, 12:37 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamper View Post

One on one, it is a bit of a toss up really, but I'd probably side with HasBrulk. I mean, sure C3Gulk has that nice defense, but he also has a weakness that HasBrulk does not.

In terms of themey goodness, I prefer C3Gulk, because his attack AND defense get boosted, and he has his ONE major weakness that everyone into his comics knows about: calming him down is your best offense. Just leave C3Gulk alone. Also, I like C3Gulk because he is a MUTATE and not a HUMAN, which is more accurate with how Marvel defines his species.

All in all, I think they are both excellent designs, and are both very draftable in my games.

Btw: deadlock on the poll!!!!
Old July 25th, 2012, 02:52 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Nah, no party lines here. I prefer the simplicity of Hasbro Hulk. I think that design is nigh perfect for the Hulk.
Old July 25th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

I'd like to give a shout out to another great Hulk custom from Balantai.

Since he has the chance to smash your own figures, it's a fun scramble away from him once he takes enough wounds.
Old August 8th, 2012, 05:36 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker

Hulk's greatest power comes in his unyielding offensive capabilities, and this is toned down in the C3G version... if these two figures came together in a one-on-one battle, I think Marvel Hulk would win simply because he drops all defense for an unstoppable offense that the C3G Hulk has sacrificed for a little bit more well-rounded-ness.

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's