Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old August 31st, 2016, 12:46 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Sir Heroscape's Maps

You've got some cool concepts for maps here! I like how A Burning Start has so much of the start zones on lava - I'm sure that would lead to some interesting games. How big are your armies on those larger maps? You have a few, like River Gorge too, that seem like they could allow for some larger-scale warfare if you want.

Pool of Shadow looks like a fun map, probably one of the ones of yours that I like the most. It seems like it plays well from the last video you posted as well. I'm thinking about throwing it together sometime (maybe farther in the future than I'd like, but that's cause I think I'm going to be spending a while working on some new map ideas of my own), and if I do I'll let you know how it goes!

Wellspring Ruin also stood out to me as a really beautiful map. It's another one I'd consider for a fun game, though I'm not sure about competitive play on it - the water seem like it would be too much of a barrier for melee armies, especially against ranged builds. The LoS blockers might help but I think it would need better pathing from side to side. I could be underestimating it but that's my initial reaction.

Hidden Towers is another one I like - it looks like it would look great on a game table. The pathing across the water seems better here, though still difficult, and it seems like there would be a bad case of "my hill, your hill" going on in it which might lead for difficult competitive play, but I bet with a little work it would be great!

And I did get the chance to play on Deep Jungle at the Goblin Throw Down! It also is a great-looking map (I think a lot of your maps have strong aesthetics). It does concern me as a competitive map as well, though, especially with the raised ground right next to each player's left-hand start zones. They're easily accessible from the start zone and are within 6 spaces of each glyph which means a ranged army can easily take their hill and shoot anyone who tries to take glyphs. Seems like a rough matchup for melee vs ranged, and a game of "no, you come to me" for ranged vs ranged. Even melee vs melee could have that, depending on what glyphs ended up on it. I do think it has great potential though. I would give you a better review on it based on my game on it, but that only happened on one side of the map anyway, and TREX's Q9 and DW8000 were made to destroy my Venoc Vipers, so that game on any map wouldn't be a great test of its actual greatness. But it did look great!

Also, I love that you make Scraps maps as well! I enjoy me a game of that every now and again and will probably turn to your thread next time I do! Thanks for sharing your great stuff!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old August 31st, 2016, 12:54 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Neat maps Sir H. If you keep it up you'll have a map designing contest of your own maps.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 31st, 2016, 02:42 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

@BiggaBullfrog Thank you for you comments!

I haven't played on A Burning Start yet, but I'm really excited to try it out for that very reason...interesting games is exactly the idea. My plan with this one was by no means competative, but purely for the sake of a crazy game.

To be honest River Gorge is a sweet map...one of my favorites...soo FUN to play on and a 600pt army is really a good fit for that map. As for my larger-scale maps...I use those maps for our BIG Heroscape games we do with my group up here every 2 weeks and so it changes every time b/c sometimes we'll have 4 people show and than other times we'll have 8 people show...so it really just depends. Also depends on the gamestyle...cause sometimes we'll do capture the flag or have a scenario or objective.

Agreed on Pool of Shadow...I've played on it some more...and I must say I'm pretty proud of it...super fun to play with, whole map get used and just an overall good map.

I think you're right about Wellspring Ruins. I wasn't as concerned for it to be competative...though it might have that potential only b/c of -as you mentioned- heavy LOS blockers for melee as well as a relatively short field...limits range units.

This one was one of my first to be honest. I've played on it and I agree. I'm not as worried about the podding, b/c it's actually quite difficult to get yourself set up on that tower and to get your ranged units situated before enemy units start coming in...but that depends on the armies being played...but it's really the central water that after playing on it I've noticed needs a little work. I'll probably take out a few of the spaces and just add land terrain to allow a little quicker development and access for melee units to the "towers"

I apologize for loss haha...the height positions I created purposefully to give the opponent who took that position a little bit of a false sense of security. One, if you take that position to sit/pod, you may be giving up (depending on your army build) the benefits that could be had by going for the glyphs. Also...the center is all flat and covered by two huge Marro Hives and so even if you're on elevation, even melee units will be able to move across the swamp water pretty fast to reach you...while also being given a jungle bonus and the ability to hide behind the Hives. So that was the reasoning...though is sounds like it didn't really work out for ya that game

Also...the map contest has been posted, so look forward to seeing what you've got up your sleeve

@TREX ...you know, funny you mention that...I was actually considering doing something like that for my YouTube Channel. Haven't hashed out any details...but it's an idea at least.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; August 31st, 2016 at 03:52 AM.
Old August 31st, 2016, 10:42 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

My problem is I make a ton of sweet maps but never save them into virtualscape. Half the time, they just get taken back down and forgotten.

Old September 5th, 2016, 04:50 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

This last weekend we had a big game at my place and we did a TWO-LEVEL DUNGEON CRAWL!!

I acted as the "Dungeon Master" controlling all the monsters and we had 4 Heroes working together (and sometimes against each other) to clear the Dungeon. It was a crazy game with all kinds of fun twists and intense moments. Pictures below and the specific Dungeon rules/objectives are in the spoiler.

Heroes: Sonlen, Sir Denrik, Kaemon Awa, Migol
vs.
Dungeon (UPPER): Vulcenmech Incendiborgs, Phantom Knights X4, Dumutef Guards X3,
Shurrak
Dungeon (LOWER): Feral Troll, Zombies X5, Preyblood Thrall X6, Deathstrike Thrall X4, Bramcephys (unsommoned)

Spoiler Alert!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old September 5th, 2016, 05:12 PM
"like" happy

Interesting Ideas here on the dungeon crawl. I'm getting a couple of Dungeon Crawl type board games at the beginning of next year via Kickstarter(Roughly 500 dollars worth of plastic miniatures fun). I'm wondering how your play mechanics are up against those. I have been wanting to come up with something similar to this. Some of the conditions you have set are not ideal to me, but the overall approach has me curious. I want to make a system that allows pretty much any type of monster, and does not have to have a victory condition in X amount of rounds. Keep us posted as this looks cool. I'm also getting quite a few more pirate minis from Rum and Bones 2nd tide. All these guys need a place in heroscape.

-And I can't even Rep you for your cool idea...

Old September 5th, 2016, 07:12 PM

Glad you like it @TREX it was a super fun game and only lasted 2.5hrs...so not too long and we had some epic moments on both sides...haha there could have been a movie for something like this game it was so all over the place with betrayal and alliances and loss and huge victories and epic battles for the dungeon...haha it was my first time doing something like this and it was super fun.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old September 6th, 2016, 10:19 AM
"like" happy

I'd like to help create and play something like this with you guys some time when I have enough play time. I have an insane amount of monsters and figures in general at my house. Any hints on what format you and @Tiranx are doing for the NHSD tourney. I'm going to get started building some prizes for that coming up. This time, I'm going to go a bit smaller with the tower builds and add a little more detail into them. Maybe have enough dice bowls for you to win one @Sir Heroscape . I also have some other Ideas for prizes that are bound to be fun.

Old September 6th, 2016, 11:05 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I'd like to help create and play something like this with you guys some time when I have enough play time. I have an insane amount of monsters and figures in general at my house. Any hints on what format you and @Tiranx are doing for the NHSD tourney. I'm going to get started building some prizes for that coming up. This time, I'm going to go a bit smaller with the tower builds and add a little more detail into them. Maybe have enough dice bowls for you to win one @Sir Heroscape . I also have some other Ideas for prizes that are bound to be fun.
We need to figure out a format.... General Wars bonus, Reverse the Whip, I would love to say drafting, but that takes too long.

Point total is also something. We have done 350 and 500s for the last two Rexburg tournaments.

Actually let's take this to PMs. This thread is not the right place to talk about This. Forgive the thread hijack Sir Heroscape.
Old September 6th, 2016, 03:30 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Sounds awesome, but the pictures aren't working for me
Old September 6th, 2016, 05:18 PM
"like" happy

After I get my Massive Darkness Sets at the beginning of next year I'm going to see about making something that can be used Heroscape wise for a dungeony crawl type of scenario.

Old September 9th, 2016, 01:58 AM

A few more maps hot off the press! I tried to go with some small and simple ones...yet still arguably competitive.

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios