Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old January 31st, 2021, 02:13 AM

Avendoram is surprisingly tart
The Book of Beran the Outrider

"I couldn't get away. The nagrubs of that damnable Utgar were pursuing me. I began to wonder if I should have just died at Rome instead of being here. My fellow legionaries all lay dead behind me. I would be able to survive if I could just reach a friendly face. Anyone from the alliance, even one of those disturbing metal men of Jandar.

I could hear the sound of the gnashing. Those nagrubs would catch up to me before long. There was nothing more I could do. Should I just lay down and die? Have a few seconds of rest before I was mauled to death? No, I must keep running. Meet up with an ally. I could survive.

A hope! The jungle clearing was straight ahead! Perhaps there could be someone to help?! As I made it to a large field. I could only look around desperately as I kept running. I noticed a shadow of a cavalry on the horizon! I began to scream for their help as I made my way towards their direction.

A Nagrub had leaped at me from behind! Briefly pinning me to the ground. Was this it? So close to safety? As I used my sword to keep it's teeth away from my neck; a short arrow had pierced it's skull, putting the creature down for good! I rolled the beast off of me as I looked up to see that the figure that was so far away had caught up at blinding speed.

The armored cavalry reloaded his hand ballista as he approached. "Einar's forces are down that way! Leave these creatures to me!" I could only nod as I began to run, another Nagrub leaped from the jungle, charging the cavalry! I turned out to see if the man could handle it, but with a fierce kick the creature fell down to the ground motionless. "I can lead these beasts on a run for their life! Don't worry about me! Just go!" I only nodded as I heard another marro rat make it to the clearing. A quick thunk was heard as it's body motionlessly slid to a halt.

Once I had gone back to camp with the news of my squad, I had learned the man's name. Some newcomer named Beran. I spread his tale of valor to all the camp. The skill and speed of his riding. It was certainly legendary. A name soon stuck to the man after that. Beran the Outrider."

Going to playtest with him. I wanted to make sure the Canto ability wasn't underpriced, especially with being a ranged attacker. I feel instead of making his base move 8, to give him a tiny increase of 9 maximum that will dwindle as he takes more damage. I will see if he can pull his points with his hit and run tactics in some playtests coming up. I have quite a few other customs to try. I really wanted to try my hand at the quick stories that other figures have to introduce them. Let me know what you think of it I might try posting some more of these "Books" with a short story for past customs I made if people enjoy them though.

Also, lastly: Figure from Wizards 2010, "Zhent Cavalry" 58/60 being its name.

Aquilla's Alliance? Oh, you mean Proxy Figures the game!
Old February 5th, 2021, 05:12 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Beran the Outrider

Hey hey! You can probably just put this card + bio in your customs thread

Regarding Beran himself, I'd say he may be a touch underpriced simply because he is a 6L/4D figure with a crapload of movement so that you can spend as few turns getting him into a position as possible. With those stats, I could reasonably see using him as defender akin to Ne-Gok-Sa or Tandros Kreel. Gumming up the road in the middle of the map may be more than worth it vs melee armies (plus you can sometimes damage them any way).

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards