Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old April 30th, 2007, 09:36 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Kee-Mo-Shi

The Book of Kee-Mo-Shi
Dawn of Darkness - Collection 6 - "Heroes of Durgeth"

Spoiler Alert!
If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: From out of the swamps of Durgeth, the marro witch climbs. She has died, and been reborn, three times now. Kee-Mo-Shi has found immortality! Her drones recovered a set of emerald amulets, stolen from a caravan sent out by the Archkyrie Ullar. The amulets contained a great magical force, a magic Kee-Mo-Shi tainted for her own use. She has imbued the amulets of Ullar with the power of a dark art the marro call Mind Shackle. One of the set of three amulets was destroyed by Sgt. Drake Alexander when he rescued a mind-shackled Raelin from Kee-Mo-Shi's grasp. A high-ranking official of Utgar's army always wears another. That official is tasked with the duty of coming here to Durgeth, and returning Kee-Mo-Shi's consciousness, hidden within the amulet, to the Marro hive so that she can be reborn if ever she falls in battle. The location of the final amulet remains hidden. Kee-Mo-Shi may even now hold the mind of one seemingly loyal Jandarian in her grasp. (Hasbro)
    Kee-Mo-Shi’s Toxic Skin states “After Attacking” does that mean that she can choose to not attack and she won’t have to roll for Toxic Skin (for example, if she has friendly figures adjacent to her)?
    Nice try! No, Kee-Mo-Shi will still have to roll for Toxic Skin even if she chooses not to attack. The note of “after attacking” is just to tell you where during your turn you “must” roll for it. Just like previous powers that state “before moving” or “after moving and before attacking” it isn’t contingent on actually doing those functions (you can choose not to move, just like you can choose not to attack), it is only a note of when that special power would take effect during that figure's turn. Kee-Mo-Shi always rolls for Toxic Skin. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - SU-BAK-NA : Hive Supremacy
    Belonging to the Marro race, Kee-Mo-Shi may benefit from Su-Bak-Na’s HIVE SUPREMACY
    d20 enhancement.

- ORNAK : Red Flag of Fury
    As a unique hero that follows Utgar, Kee-Mo-Shi may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - N/A
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Power Rankings

Jexik: Kee-Mo-Shi- Although Kee-Mo-Shi is a really fun concept, she's a tad expensive and easy to bring down in practice. C

OEAO: C

Cleon: Tier 3 (185/208)

dok (VC inclusive): C

Master Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Kee Mo Shi
General Assessment? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=7435
Really Needed? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=8190
Mind Shackle and Finn/Eldgrim/Thorgrim? http://www.heroscapers.com/community...read.php?t=540
Mindshackle and attack? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=1672
Mindshackle versus Squads? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=1291
Mindshackle and death of Shackler? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=2284
Toxic Skin Controversy http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5165
And Glyph of Revival? http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=8011
Toxic Skin and Attack? http://www.heroscapers.com/community...=212913#232716
Value of Mindshackle http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=11113
Unit Strategy Review

Last edited by superfrog; March 20th, 2019 at 12:23 AM. Reason: vc added
Old May 1st, 2007, 04:14 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Worth noting that Soulborgs need not fear her Toxic Skin. Tie her up with some Gladiatrons and shoot away while she struggles against them.
Old May 18th, 2007, 03:06 PM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
Base a Competitive Army Around : Kee-Mo-Shi
• Round VIII
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=7735
Old May 25th, 2007, 01:55 AM

Roufus has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Worth noting that Soulborgs need not fear her Toxic Skin.
Seems kind of odd that undead would be bothered by something that's TOXIC anyway. Or other marro...

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut what do I know?

AND I've never been fond of the idea of giving marro hair. It seems silly, like giving snakes hair.
Dag nabbit!
Old June 17th, 2007, 02:29 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I played an Einar/Ullar vs Utgar game today and it was really good!
About half way through the game Kee-mo-shi mind shackled Kiova, but the best was yet to come. At the end of the game Utgars forces were slightly less than Einars & Ullars, with Utgar having Kee-mo-shi, Ne-gok-sa, Su-bak-na and the Obsidian guards. Ullar and Einar had: Charos, Shaolins, the 3 Gladiators, Venoc Warlord and Valguard. I kept Su-bak-na at the back on the field and NGS mindshackled the Veonc Warlord. KMS then mindshakled Spartacus and Crixus. Venoc warlord, KMS and spartacus were destroyed. Retarius and the monks fell. Shortly after Charos destroyed the Moltarns and went to rescue Valguard from crixus but was too late. Charos destroyed Crixus but at this point had 1 life left.
NGS came to mindshackle the Dragon but got slaughtered.
The final battle was Charos with 8 wounds and SBN with all 5 lives left.
Charos fell! The end.

I was surprised how this game was turned around right at the end from all the mindshackling that managed to occur! Having SBN at the end helped give mindshackle a bit more chance and the game then became unpredictable.
Old June 25th, 2007, 06:57 PM

Sargent_Drake_8 has disabled reputation
Once upon a time, Sarge went to Target to find that they had finally stocked wave six. He immideately ran home and unwraped every single precious peice, then began playing, using as much of wave six as possible. After exploring many draft possibilities, the following armies were put together.

Utgar(Me)
120-Runa
180-Taelord
110-Minions
130-Ke-Mo-Shi
100-Shades
120-Zombies(x2)
120-Grimnak
070-Heavy Gruts
040-Blade Gruts
Total-1010 points

Einar(Friend)
050-Leigonaires
100-Marcus
110-Valguard
140-tEI
090-Kiova
065-TSA
120-Tagawa
100-Kozuke
110-NotNW
120-Kaemon Awa
Total-1005 points

After a long battle, most of my forces were exhausted, and my friend was still sitting pretty with a few squaddies (including two fulley boosted tagawa, a few ninjas, and two kozuke) and all of his heroes except Kiova. I rushed in Ke-Mo-Shi to see what she could do. I was hoping for something good, but I never would have expected what happened.

First, Ke-Ke rushed in, rolled for mindshackle...8. Dangit. She proceeded to kill a Kozuke, then toxic skinned the other one and a tagawa samurai on the attack glyph. The other Tagawa samurai attacked, but got a lousy attack roll and ended up not doing anything. Next turn, she broke engagement with the Tagawa (No damage!) and ran up to Awa. Rolled for mindshackle...19! As fate would have it, their last two order markers were on Awa. Next round, I got initiative and used Awa to kill one of the ninja's. Their ninja attacked, getting two wounds on Awa. Then Ke-Ke went, ran up to Valguard, rolled for mindshackle...19! Rolled for Toxic skin against the Tagawa...18! My friend was almost in tears at this point. He had gone from having most of his army to having a ninja and marcus, and had lost four order markers to Ke-Mo-Shi. (An order marker each on Valguard and the Tagawa) In a last desparate attempt to bring himself back, he put one order marker on marcus, who grabbed Valda, and put the other two on the Ninja, who was supposed to make a run for Sturla. First turn, Awa kills the ninja.
The game ended with Ke-Mo-Shi attacking Marcus with Height, Astrid, and Taelord. 7 attack were not lost on the warlord, who went on to die the same round from toxic skin. No doubt, Ke-Mo-Shi ruled the board that game, and did it without taking any damage at all.

Between that and my amazing zombie victory (see the book of zombies), we called it a night.

Sarge is Torch...
aboard STARSHIP GAMMA...
Old July 10th, 2007, 10:32 PM

darth_stalker Woo who?
okay, stupid n00b type question here but I just need to be absolutely certain before I pass along bad information...

Toxic skin and Marro plague are only rolled for on the rounds that Kee-Mo-Shi or the Hounds are activated right? If she camps out next to figures that can not move for the next two turns and does not take any more turns herself is her skin considered "non toxic" until the next time an order marker is placed on her?

Help me doctor, I think I have hypochondria!
As the Chinese zombie said..."Blains!"
Old July 10th, 2007, 10:34 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by darth_stalker
okay, stupid n00b type question here but I just need to be absolutely certain before I pass along bad information...

Toxic skin and Marro plague are only rolled for on the rounds that Kee-Mo-Shi or the Hounds are activated right? If she camps out next to figures that can not move for the next two turns and does not take any more turns herself is her skin considered "non toxic" until the next time an order marker is placed on her?
I believe you are correct. It's only activated when she uses an order marker.
Old July 10th, 2007, 10:37 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by darth_stalker

You're clear of 'plagues' if the adjacent figure is NOT taking that turn. But you're still adjacent to them if, on the next turn, they ARE activated.
Old August 8th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
My hands down favorite Wave 6 hero. She just kicks SO much can... burning through the Tagawa Archers, smacking around Kaemon, and finally taking him down with her nice attack. Life is a tad low, but just have her walk up to an engaged unit... sneaky moves, that's what you need. Havn't gotten to Mindshackle with her... but I've yet to pair her with Su-Bak-Na. That'll be hell, I tells ya. Those around me have learned to fear the cold touch of a powered up Ne-Gok-Sa... I can't wait to unleash Kee-Mo-Shi!

Not to mention that AWESOME sculpt.
Old August 12th, 2007, 10:49 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
My hands down favorite Wave 6 hero. She just kicks SO much can... burning through the Tagawa Archers, smacking around Kaemon, and finally taking him down with her nice attack. Life is a tad low, but just have her walk up to an engaged unit... sneaky moves, that's what you need. Havn't gotten to Mindshackle with her... but I've yet to pair her with Su-Bak-Na. That'll be hell, I tells ya. Those around me have learned to fear the cold touch of a powered up Ne-Gok-Sa... I can't wait to unleash Kee-Mo-Shi!

Not to mention that AWESOME sculpt.
I love this character! In every all-out war i've played with her (Complete Utgar vs ...) she has managed to mind-shackle at least 2 army cards each time! Today she converted the EOV and Jotun, and the Shades went onto Devouring Kyntela's soul!
Old August 12th, 2007, 11:22 AM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I just played two games with her. She went down in one attack each time, and never got a shackle or toxic skin, even with SBN. Either my luck is just horrible this week, or she's just really bad.
Drake's on a ladder, KMS is above him. Realin is in range of KMS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units