Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old September 15th, 2018, 02:40 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Air Elemental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
SWIRLING VORTEX
When an opponent’s small or medium figure moves into a space within 2 clear sight spaces of an Air Elemental you control, that figure must end its move there. Figures can never move through any figure affected by Swirling Vortex.
This is probably the reason behind the ruling, if I had to guess. I believe that flying is considered to be passing over spaces instead of moving into them in one of the rulebooks, but I might be misremembering.

I do agree that the ruling is confusing, though. I've always played with flying figures being affected by Swirling Vortex just like everything else.
Old September 15th, 2018, 02:56 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Air Elemental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
SWIRLING VORTEX
When an opponent’s small or medium figure moves into a space within 2 clear sight spaces of an Air Elemental you control, that figure must end its move there. Figures can never move through any figure affected by Swirling Vortex.
This is probably the reason behind the ruling, if I had to guess. I believe that flying is considered to be passing over spaces instead of moving into them in one of the rulebooks, but I might be misremembering.
That's exactly correct. I do agree that it's a confusing corner case, though, and that it should have just been stated on the card.

If you're looking for the authority on the ruling, it came straight from the designers when they released the card. If you do some digging you could probably find the old front page announcement in the blogs and see it there.

EDIT - Found the post, it's here, with the exact quote being "While flying figures can fly over its SWIRLING VORTEX, they will feel the wrath of its AIR MASTERY power." In the comments there is a little more clarification, but even there you can see some questions showing it wasn't very intuitive.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; September 15th, 2018 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Man, what a late night trip down memory lane reading those comments was ...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units