Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old December 4th, 2018, 10:36 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Boot Camp of Valhalla Reboot -- Interest Check

Hey folks,

I found a really cool mini from the latest D&D set (which is a crossover with MTG). It's called Ledev Guardian, it's a female knight on a big white wolf, and it's Large and Common. While the miniature is technically a human, I think it works well as an elf as well.

Here's a look at the source art from Magic, which clarifies that that flimsy weapon is supposed to be a double-bladed spear thingy:

I was wondering if there was interest in doing a community design to submit to the SoV.

Basically somebody would need to take the lead (I could, but I'd prefer if it was a non-judge), and guide the unit through several stages: brainstorming, power selection, testing, refinement, etc.

This process happened once before, but the Kobolds of Idona Keep were eventually rejected (mostly for their Raelin synergy).

If you're interested, drop a post in this thread.
Old December 4th, 2018, 11:08 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla Reboot -- Interest Check

I'm somewhat interested, but my plate is going to be pretty full with the ending of this semester and upcoming holiday season, and most of my time spent on 'Scape is going to be devoted to Masha Shingai until I get him submitted. Realistically, I doubt that I'll be too useful for the time being. I'd love to take a more active role otherwise.
Old December 4th, 2018, 11:15 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Involvement could be as easy as a few posts like "I think a snow power is a must here" or "7 move works better than 6, in my opinion". It's not intended to be a super-long-term or super-in-depth commitment for anybody except the facilitator (and that would be a management commitment, not a design or playtesting commitment).
Old December 4th, 2018, 11:33 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Do you have the mini? The front stance looks wide to fit on base.
Old December 4th, 2018, 11:34 PM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I don't, and that could be an issue. Hmmm. Does anybody know how big those large bases are? I think they're either 40mm or 50mm.

If this mini doesn't work, we can pick another, too.
Old December 4th, 2018, 11:42 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I would be interested, although I'm not personally that invested in designing for the SoV I would be happy to take a backseat role in the process.
Old December 4th, 2018, 11:47 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Involvement could be as easy as a few posts like "I think a snow power is a must here" or "7 move works better than 6, in my opinion". It's not intended to be a super-long-term or super-in-depth commitment for anybody except the facilitator (and that would be a management commitment, not a design or playtesting commitment).
I'll definitely help out with that, then. It sounds like there's a fair overlap between this and the Pre-SoV Workshop.

Was Boot Camp of Valhalla what the people submitting the Kobolds of Idona Keep called the project? I don't recognize the name. I believe I remember seeing the name of that design when I was perusing SoV Judge Reviews, but the curse of Photobucket was still active... I'll have to take a look back through those sometime to see what old nominees have resurfaced.
Old December 4th, 2018, 11:56 PM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
I would be interested, although I'm not personally that invested in designing for the SoV I would be happy to take a backseat role in the process.
Cool. There's plenty of room in the backseat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
I'll definitely help out with that, then. It sounds like there's a fair overlap between this and the Pre-SoV Workshop.

Was Boot Camp of Valhalla what the people submitting the Kobolds of Idona Keep called the project? I don't recognize the name. I believe I remember seeing the name of that design when I was perusing SoV Judge Reviews, but the curse of Photobucket was still active... I'll have to take a look back through those sometime to see what old nominees have resurfaced.
Yep. That was the first BCoV project.

There is overlap with the Pre-SoV Workshop, but the Boot Camp is cool because you get to build from the ground up. It's kinda like the C3V process in that way.
Old December 5th, 2018, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I don't, and that could be an issue. Hmmm. Does anybody know how big those large bases are? I think they're either 40mm or 50mm.

If this mini doesn't work, we can pick another, too.
I think that regardless of whether this particular miniature works out, the project itself sounds like it's worth pursuing. Another way to keep people engaged is never bad, and I think that it helps show the design process.

Quote:
Yep. That was the first BCoV project.

There is overlap with the Pre-SoV Workshop, but the Boot Camp is cool because you get to build from the ground up. It's kinda like the C3V process in that way.
I agree. They seem similar and both are meant to lead to SoV, but the difference between communally designing a unit and working on a personal one and just getting feedback are pretty big, I'd say.

I can't wait to add BCV to SoV, C3V, C3G... My non-Heroscaper friends are sure to love more of these acronyms.

Edit: I guess BCoV works and is more distinct, but I kind of unironically like BCV.
Old December 5th, 2018, 12:39 AM
This is merely a joke.

To be clear, this is a one-off project. Just create a single unit. After that, it could start over with a new figure, but it's not intended to be some standing project that cranks out a high volume of customs.
Old December 5th, 2018, 12:42 AM

My bad, I seem to have misinterpreted the scope. Either way, I'm still interested in helping whenever I am able.
Old December 5th, 2018, 10:11 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I can help, in any or all capacities.

The Kobolds of Idona Keep are still one of my favorite designs.

Before choosing a mini, I would definately advise someone actually buy the mini first.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards