Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old February 17th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I've done a bunch of JLAers, Lex Luthor, and a lot of Batman's rogues. Problem is, I don't know how to make the snazzy looking cards, and without pictures, posting a bunch of stats and special powers feels kind of lame ...
Old February 17th, 2007, 06:33 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Of course, then again, maybe if I do post the stats and specials, and anyone likes any of them, they can help me figure out how to make cards ... Anyway, in keeping with what we've seen of the Iron Man card and the other cards, I've tried to use old powers where I thought they fit and new ones where I thought they could really add thematically to the game. I'm quite open to suggestions about point value, stats, specials and special wording, etc.
For now, at least, I'm not going to transcribe the wording for powers that are the same as the ones already in use in the game.
I'll post some now and add more as I go ...

Superman
Unique Hero
Kryptonian
Champion
Valiant
Medium 5
Flight
X-Ray Vision:
Superman’s LOS is never blocked.
Heat Vision Special Attack:
Attack 3 Range 6 May be performed
instead of regular attack.
Life 8
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 6
Defend 6
300 pts.

Lex Luthor
Unique Hero
Human
Crimelord
Genius
Medium 5
Charisma
Unless an attacking figure first rolls 11 or higher on a D20, Lex is too charming to attack.
Crime Syndicate
Add 1 move and 1 defend dice to all other crimelords under your control.
Kryptonite
Add 8 attack dice when attacking Superman
Life 4
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 2
Defend 2
110 pts.

Batman
Unique Hero
Human
Vigilante
Genius
Medium 5
Batline
See “Grapple Gun 25”
Counterstrike
“I Am the Night”
See “Stealth Dodge”
Bat-a-range Special Attack
Range 4 Attack 2. Roll attack dice once. All enemy figures within 4 clear spaces must defend separately.
Life 4
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defend 3
150 pts.

Joker
Unique Hero
Human
Crimelord
Insane
Medium 5
Toxic Skin
Insanity
Joker cannot be mindshackled or hatshackled
Laughing Gas Special Attack
Range 4 Attack 2 Affects all figures within 4 clear spaces. Figures defend separately.
Life 4
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defend 3
110 pts.

Mad Hatter
Hatshackle (like Mindshackle, but 10 or higher, broken by roll of 15 or higher on opponent's turn. Any hat zombies are also moved on Mad Hatter's turn.)*
Life 4
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 2
Defend 2
90 pts.
*haven't decided the best way to word this yet

Wonder Woman
Unique Hero
Amazon
Princess
Valiant
Medium 5
Amazonian Speed
See “Thorian Speed”
Swimmer
Wonder Woman may move up to 2 spaces at a time on water.
Truth Lasso
After moving, before attacking, a roll of 10 or higher on the D20 and Wonder Woman can reveal the turn makers on any one adjacent figure’s card.
Golden Bracelet Counterstrike
When rolling defense dice against a special attack from a non adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

Flash (Wally West)
Unique Hero
Human
Superspeedster
Tricky
Medium 5
Triple Attack
When Flash attacks once, he may attack two additional times.
2 Quick 2 Hit
One shield blocks all skulls from all attacks.
Molecular Instability
Flash may pass through any figures without becoming engaged. Once per turn, any figures he passes through must roll 1 attack die and take any resulting damage.
Speed Force
On turns he does not attack, Flash may add 4 spaces to his move.
Life 4
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 3
Defend 2
220 pts.

Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)
Unique Hero
Human
Powerhouse
Heroic
Medium 5
Flight
Cyberclaw
Powerblast Special Attack
Range 7 Attack 1-6 Replaces regular attack. Roll D20 before attacking.
1-4 one attack dice
5-8 two attack dice
9-12 three attack dice
13-17 four attack dice
18-19 five attack dice
20 six attack dice
Life 5
Human
Life 5
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 4
Defend 4
220 pts.

I have a bunch more and want to do a Cheetah, Parallax, and Mirror Master at least to compliment the main heroes here. I'd like to figure out a good villian for the Martian Manhunter I have in the works too. Solomon Grundy maybe? Or the Ultra Humanite?
Old February 18th, 2007, 05:18 AM

Levi Woo who?
I have some suggestions if you're interested (in bold below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
I'll post some now and add more as I go ...

Superman
Unique Hero
Kryptonian
Champion
Valiant
Medium 5
Flight
X-Ray Vision:
Superman’s LOS is never blocked.
Heat Vision Special Attack:
Attack 3 Range 6 May be performed
instead of regular attack.
Life 8
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 6
Defend 6
300 pts.

Looks really good, my fave of the bunch!

Lex Luthor
Unique Hero
Human
Crimelord
Genius
Medium 5
Charisma
Unless an attacking figure first rolls 11 or higher on a D20, Lex is too charming to attack.
Crime Syndicate
Add 1 move and 1 defend dice to all other crimelords under your control.
Kryptonite
Add 8 attack dice when attacking Superman
Life 4
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 2
Defend 2
110 pts.

Maybe change Kryptonite to Exploit Weakness: Attacks automatically cause 1 damage against Unique Heroes.

Batman
Unique Hero
Human
Vigilante
Genius
Medium 5
Batline
See “Grapple Gun 25”
Counterstrike
“I Am the Night”
See “Stealth Dodge”
Bat-a-range Special Attack
Range 4 Attack 2. Roll attack dice once. All enemy figures within 4 clear spaces must defend separately.
Life 4
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defend 3
150 pts.

Too many abilities, I would suggest removing Counterstrike OR removing Stealth Dodge and adding +1 Defense.

Joker
Unique Hero
Human
Crimelord
Insane
Medium 5
Toxic Skin
Insanity
Joker cannot be mindshackled or hatshackled
Laughing Gas Special Attack
Range 4 Attack 2 Affects all figures within 4 clear spaces. Figures defend separately.
Life 4
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defend 3
110 pts.

I would suggest lowering his Attack to 2 and making his Laughing Gas work like Me Burq Sa's paralyzing gaze on a 15+. I would also suggest giving him Range 6 as Joker is known for using guns or deadly toys to attack at range.

Mad Hatter
Hatshackle (like Mindshackle, but 10 or higher, broken by roll of 15 or higher on opponent's turn. Any hat zombies are also moved on Mad Hatter's turn.)*
Life 4
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 2
Defend 2
90 pts.
*haven't decided the best way to word this yet

Probably my least favorite. Hatshackle is WAY too tough at 10+.

Wonder Woman
Unique Hero
Amazon
Princess
Valiant
Medium 5
Amazonian Speed
See “Thorian Speed”
Swimmer
Wonder Woman may move up to 2 spaces at a time on water.
Truth Lasso
After moving, before attacking, a roll of 10 or higher on the D20 and Wonder Woman can reveal the turn makers on any one adjacent figure’s card.
Golden Bracelet Counterstrike
When rolling defense dice against a special attack from a non adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

Like the Batman, too many Powers, I would suggest ditching Swimmer, The Golden Bracelet Counterstrike should work against normal attacks instead of Special Attacks and Truth Lasso should reveal all of the opponent's Turn markers.

Flash (Wally West)
Unique Hero
Human
Superspeedster
Tricky
Medium 5
Triple Attack
When Flash attacks once, he may attack two additional times.
2 Quick 2 Hit
One shield blocks all skulls from all attacks.
Molecular Instability
Flash may pass through any figures without becoming engaged. Once per turn, any figures he passes through must roll 1 attack die and take any resulting damage.
Speed Force
On turns he does not attack, Flash may add 4 spaces to his move.
Life 4
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 3
Defend 2
220 pts.

Still too many Powers (I would suggest keeping them to 3 max). I would suggest lowering his Attack by one (to 2), keeping only Triple Attack and adding the following...
- Superhuman Reflexes 11+: When The Flash is the target of a normal attack, he ignores all damage on a D20 roll of 11+ and may immediately move 4 spaces.
- Disengage

Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)
Unique Hero
Human
Powerhouse
Heroic
Medium 5
Flight
Cyberclaw
Powerblast Special Attack
Range 7 Attack 1-6 Replaces regular attack. Roll D20 before attacking.
1-4 one attack dice
5-8 two attack dice
9-12 three attack dice
13-17 four attack dice
18-19 five attack dice
20 six attack dice

No stats?!?

I have a bunch more and want to do a Cheetah, Parallax, and Mirror Master at least to compliment the main heroes here. I'd like to figure out a good villian for the Martian Manhunter I have in the works too. Solomon Grundy maybe? Or the Ultra Humanite?
I can't wait to see what else you come up with. Good job!
Old February 18th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
Quote:
Originally Posted by "J

[url
http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2007_Toy_Fair%2FMattel%2FDC_BattleLeague[/url]

Well... so much for that little bit of optimisim! If Mattel's DC rights include something like this, DC Heroscape doesn't look like a very likely thing anymore.
Gah! DC "Battleleague" looks soooo much less interesting than Marvelscape does (or than a DCscape would almost have to ...). Good thing I already drew up some stats for JLA customs ...
This doesn't look like a rip off of Attacktix at all...

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old February 18th, 2007, 02:14 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I have some superheroes I tinkered with a while back. I gave it up when I heard about Marvelscape, but maybe I'll post some of them if I get the chance and see what kind of feedback I can get.
Old February 19th, 2007, 12:16 AM

Thanks for the suggestions/critique, Levi! I'd forgotten to add Green Lanter's stats, but they're up now. I think you're right that I should try to trim powers down to 3, it's just so darn hard to choose when you know the characters are capable of so many cool things and want to fully represent them. Oh, and the reason I had Wonder Woman's bracelet power affect special attacks was that she already had Thorian Speed.
Old February 19th, 2007, 12:03 PM

OK, don't want to threadjack, so I started my own thread for my customs under the Marvel customs section.
Old February 27th, 2007, 06:25 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!
I never was a DC fan. But DC has a savior...his name is LOBO!!! The Main Man!!!

LOBO

Life 3
Move 5
Range 6
Attack 5
Defense 7

Bastich Immortality
When Lobo dies, he goes straight to hell. Then he gets rejected in hell for fraggin everybody. So he goes to heaven and starts fraggin everyone. And eventually Lobo is sent back to life for being a pain. Roll 20 sided die every end of a round that Lobo is dead. If you roll 13 or higher put Lobo back where he died, if there is a figure occupying that spot, Lobo automatically frags that bastich figure (friend of foe, it doesn’t matter to the Main Man).

Fraggin Hook
Special attack. Choose target, medium or small figure, in a range of 5. Roll 20 sided, if you roll 12 or higher, Lobo hooks that figure and hurls it adjacent to him. The Main Man then proceeds to frag the geekwad figure with his hook and fist. Attack 8 for Lobo and defense -1 for the poor bastich.

The Main Man
Comparing Wolverine's healing power to Lobo's super healing & regenerating power is like comparing Tarn Viking's Berserker's Charge to Jotun's normal attack. To prove this, instead of rolling 7 for defense, roll only 3...but dont use the blue dice, use the red ones (count the skulls only if your using 2nd ed. dice)! For every skull you roll, Lobo gets to heal 2 wounds!!!

Old February 27th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
I like Wally West. I think his Move should be higher than anyone's in the normal game, IMHO. Since Move 8 is owned be serveral figures, I suggest Move 12 for him. The Ninja Disappear power is a great way to emulate his speed as well. Triple attack at 2 is great, but I would also give him First Strike (when he slams into someone).

How About

Flash
Life 4
Move 12
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 4

Lightning Speed
Whenever Flash would take a wound from a normal or special attack or would be destroyed by a special power on any army card or glyph, roll a 20-sided die. If you roll 1-10, roll defense normally. If you roll 11-20, Flash takes no wounds. You may move Flash up to 6 spaces. The space must be clear. If no such space is available, you may not use Lightning Speed.

Ricochet Special Attack 2 Range 1
When Flash uses his Ricochet Special Attack, if you roll at least one skull you may take another turn with Flash. You need not use Ricochet Special Attack again on that turn.

Fastest Man Alive
Ghost Walk plus Disengage

Old March 1st, 2007, 12:46 PM

Striker has disabled reputation
D.C. got jipped by heroscape but marvel is better than D.C any way

The mans soul may live for the body, but the Machine within always controls.

WAHAHAHAHA!
Old March 2nd, 2007, 12:23 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!
True that. Marvel is also so popular that the writers made Wolverine beat Lobo in a crossover. Its stupid. I love Marvel but I dont like it when they reduce the Main Man to an insignificant punching bag.

LOBO! LOBO!LOBO! LOBO!LOBO! LOBO!LOBO! LOBO!LOBO! LOBO!LOBO! LOBO!LOBO! LOBO!LOBO! LOBO!LOBO! LOBO!LOBO! LOBO!LOBO! LOBO!LOBO! LOBO!LOBO! LOBO!LOBO! LOBO!LOBO! LOBO!LOBO! LOBO!LOBO!

Old March 2nd, 2007, 12:26 AM

Re: But what about DC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777Omega
Isn't it strange how DC makes The Comics for Heroscape, and there making Marvel Legends Heroscape!?!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! MAN!!! Thats because they cancelled Lobo.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion