Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Notices

Old August 12th, 2014, 05:38 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

I think his points are mostly solid, since he's mostly talking from a perspective of "Marvel Studios is great but they're going to get stale if these trends continue" rather than "Marvel sucks because of these things."

I think all Spider-Man movies past Spider-Man 2 have suffered from a lot of executive interference. Amazing Spider-Man 2 I was okay with at first, but it's soured for me a lot. Which is a shame, since Garfield and Stone are great and ASM2's Spidey was probably the best adaptation I've ever seen, in terms of fighting style and banter.
Old August 12th, 2014, 05:53 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Doc Ock, the actor and the character, saved Spider Man 2. Heroes losing their powers stories are the lamest. That was a big problem with Man of Steel too, Superman losing his powers because of the kryptonian air or whatever.

ASM2 suffered because it was trying too hard to set up 5 other movies. There was too much romance story and just not enough action. The action it did have was great but there wasn't even a villain for half of the movie because Electro was in jail and Green Goober hadn't put on his suit yet. Jamie Foxx as a nerd was unbelievable. The dude couldn't not be cool if he tried. He was freaking Django!
Old August 12th, 2014, 06:47 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Doc Ock, the actor and the character, saved Spider Man 2. Heroes losing their powers stories are the lamest. That was a big problem with Man of Steel too, Superman losing his powers because of the kryptonian air or whatever.

ASM2 suffered because it was trying too hard to set up 5 other movies. There was too much romance story and just not enough action. The action it did have was great but there wasn't even a villain for half of the movie because Electro was in jail and Green Goober hadn't put on his suit yet. Jamie Foxx as a nerd was unbelievable. The dude couldn't not be cool if he tried. He was freaking Django!
There's nothing wrong with depowering heroes as a plot device. It's an interesting way to examine a character, and I don't think it happens so often that it's overused. Also, Spider-Man brought down to normal is a classic story. Check out Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1. Also the first appearance of the Sinister Six.

Point 2: The setting up of 5 other movies was the executive interference. The creative talent on the ASM movies intended to go smaller/more intimate and focus in on the Spidey-Gwen relationship. SONY executives wanted to go big and start making Marvel money (plans that seem pretty well scuttled by ASM2's worse-than-expected performance).

I think more romance story - and more Harry - would have been the way to go, not more action. Agreed that the movie didn't have a solid villain, though. Harry was cool as a civilian and really could have used some more time there, but was kind of weak as the pseudo-Goblin. Electro's origin wasn't exactly compelling stuff; I think they could have cut all his scenes before Harry finds out about him without hurting the character much.

All the crap with Peter's parents and his origin story was really unnecessary, too. What the heck was the point of the opening scene with Richard Parker getting in a fight on a plane? It didn't tell us anything new that wasn't covered at other points in the movie. And it's not like they really needed an action scene there, since the next scene was a car chase.
Old August 12th, 2014, 07:02 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Anyone still in contact with Ibechief and Strange_Love?

~JS, who had them two cross his mind today
Old August 12th, 2014, 09:25 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post
Anyone still in contact with Ibechief and Strange_Love?

~JS, who had them two cross his mind today
No, but it's odd I was just thinking about @ibechief yesterday as well.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 14th, 2014, 02:20 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

The Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack hit #1 on Billboard. Its the first soundtrack without an original song to do so.
Old August 14th, 2014, 12:28 PM

RedPower Woo who?

Does C3G still do the early card release / birthday gift thing? If so, today is my Birthday!!
Old August 14th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Check out this awesome view as iron workers work on top of an antennae on top of the John Hancock Center in Chicago, which itself is 100 stories tall, not including the extra height of the antennae. These guys are insane!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpXL...layer_embedded

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 14th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPower View Post
Does C3G still do the early card release / birthday gift thing? If so, today is my Birthday!!
We definitely do! I believe A3n is in charge of that, so shoot him a PM.
Old August 14th, 2014, 06:15 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPower View Post
We definitely do! I believe A3n is in charge of that, so shoot him a PM.
My fault, totally forgot about this. Look for your PMs.
Old August 14th, 2014, 06:38 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I love my birthday card, thanks!
Old August 14th, 2014, 08:42 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Check out this awesome view as iron workers work on top of an antennae on top of the John Hancock Center in Chicago, which itself is 100 stories tall, not including the extra height of the antennae. These guys are insane!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpXL...layer_embedded
That is an awesome view. Thought it was funny the one guy is smoking too.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape