Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Notices

Old July 8th, 2010, 04:04 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread: SQUIRTLE!

To help wording and space problems, you don't have to say swamp water. All types of water is still considered water.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 8th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Quote:
Squirtle can use water gun from inside his shell. I like didn't move better.
How about this, then - If Squirtle did not move OR did not attack then he gets to roll an extra defense die.
That's good. Opens up some decent strategy while maintaining simplicity.
What about this:
If you have not revealed an order marker on this Squirtle during this round, this Squirtle rolls one additional defense die.

Squirtle stays in his shell and gains the extra defense unless you use him that round.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 8th, 2010, 04:06 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Squirtle can use water gun from inside his shell. I like didn't move better.
How about this, then - If Squirtle did not move OR did not attack then he gets to roll an extra defense die.
That's good. Opens up some decent strategy while maintaining simplicity.
What about this:
If you have not revealed an order marker on this Squirtle during this round, this Squirtle rolls one additional defense die.

Squirtle stays in his shell and gains the extra defense unless you use him that round.
Except that that doesn't allow squirtle to use water gun from inside his shell. I like WA's the best and would vote for it if Wulf would get here and call a vote.

Old July 8th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
What about this:

That was suggested at least 4 or 5 pages ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar
I like WA's the best and would vote for it if Wulf would get here and call a vote.

Actually, Fiddler is the one who gets to call the votes for the design itself.
Old July 8th, 2010, 04:08 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well I'd still vote for you regardless of who called it.

Old July 8th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
That was suggested at least 4 or 5 pages ago.
So sorry. Hard to keep up with this at work.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old July 8th, 2010, 04:18 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Yeah...pages keep accumulating.
Old July 8th, 2010, 04:22 PM

fiddlerjones is surprisingly tart

I like the move OR attack option - adds to strategic possibilities while not breaking synergy. It'd kick up his point cost slightly, though, but hey, we can cut it back to "did not move" if we need to lose 5 points or something.

The only issue is wording, so that it's clear that it's either "Did not move" OR "Did not attack."

Updated p. 76 post with an attempt.

Also, I don't think it'd be too hard to remember, considering you'd only ever move or attack with three in a round, barring bonding, regardless of how many you run.

FiddlerJones Customs
"I ended up with forty acres;
I ended up with a broken fiddle --
And a broken laugh, and a thousand memories
And not a single regret."
Old July 8th, 2010, 05:08 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlerjones View Post
Chardar, good prediction.

Sorry it's a few hours late.

Squirtle

Stat Box Information

Life 3
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 4
Points 50-60 (Looking to keep it in Charmander's range)

Sidebar Information
Pokemon
Uncommon Hero
Tiny Turtle
???

Small 3

Special Abilities/Attacks

Water Gun Special Attack
<Water Type> Attack 3, Range 6.
If this Squirtle is on a water space, you may roll 2
additional attack dice for this Squirtle's Water Gun Special Attack.

Withdraw
If this Squirtle is not activated this round,(?) you may add 1 die to its defense.

Aquatic
Squirtle does not have to stop its movement when entering water spaces.

I was really aiming for simplicity on this one. Squirtle is intended to be a decent ranged attacker who can become a deadly sniper if he's on a water space. Between Water Gun and Withdraw, he can command a large chunk of the battlefield for relatively low cost.

Apologies for the delayed post. The speculations were a lot of fun to read
I like how if the speculated Squirtle attacks with Hyper Beam, it wins. You don't win. Squirtle wins.

EDIT: Updated Withdraw. Changes in Blue.
Wow. I go to school and this happens.
Ok, first and foremost, the wording is going to have to be much, much closer to official text. I have wording suggestions above in italics. Secondly, for all you new people who have just joined up, we greatly appreciate your assistance, but try to remember the rules on the first posts of this thread and the PP Discussion thread. I do not call for votes here, unless I am the lead creator for the Pokemon. Also, the only vote of yours that counts in this thread is the Trainer and Jr Trainer vote for moving to playtest. We do NOT vote on the content, powers or stats of the card during creation. You may comment all you like, but it is up to the designer to decide what stays and what goes on his card.
Last, again, wow. Great discussion guys, seriously.
Old July 8th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

What is wrong with Squirtle getting a bonus to defense until he takes another turn? Estivara does a similar thing with her Cloud of Darkness.
Estivara:
Condition = Roll 16 or higher on d20
Effect = No visible Hit Zone

Squirlte:
Condition = Do not move (or attack) during its turn
Effect = Add 1 die to its attack
Old July 8th, 2010, 08:13 PM

fiddlerjones is surprisingly tart

Wulf:

I'll fix the wording on Water Gun, as I think your version is pretty official. However, your suggested text for Withdraw isn't what I want the ability to do, so I'll leave it as-is for the time being.

Thanks for all the suggestions y'all. Keep 'em coming.

FiddlerJones Customs
"I ended up with forty acres;
I ended up with a broken fiddle --
And a broken laugh, and a thousand memories
And not a single regret."
Old July 8th, 2010, 08:56 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlerjones View Post
Wulf:

I'll fix the wording on Water Gun, as I think your version is pretty official. However, your suggested text for Withdraw isn't what I want the ability to do, so I'll leave it as-is for the time being.

Thanks for all the suggestions y'all. Keep 'em coming.
Thanks. And yes, I know the Withdraw text needs work. I'm sure we'll figure it out.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum