Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old July 14th, 2010, 12:02 AM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread: SANDSHREW!

deleted: internet issues, sorry
Old July 14th, 2010, 12:04 AM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiyu0707 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
2 clear line spaces? To quote what Kaiyu and several others are probably screaming in their heads right now, "THAT IS NOT OFFICIAL WORDING AT ALL!"

Also, even if we do tunneling, we still need to include climb x2 somewhere on the card.
I decided I'd save everyone and myself the stress and save official word-izing these powers until after we've confirmed what we're doing with its powers.
That's my philosophy. Look at how much these powers have moved around since NightSwipe posted his first concept.

Quote:
And you don't need to include Climb X2, just state in Underground Movement that you cannot move more than 6 levels above or 6 levels below the base of Sandshrew.
Well, that depends on whether or not we want Underground Tunneling to be an ability that is always in use during its movement (kind of like Flying) or a completely alternative move (like Drake's grapple gun).

I would prefer it worked like Flying but right now it looks like it works like Drake's grapple gun.
Old July 14th, 2010, 12:05 AM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiyu0707 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
2 clear line spaces? To quote what Kaiyu and several others are probably screaming in their heads right now, "THAT IS NOT OFFICIAL WORDING AT ALL!"

Also, even if we do tunneling, we still need to include climb x2 somewhere on the card.
I decided I'd save everyone and myself the stress and save official word-izing these powers until after we've confirmed what we're doing with its powers.

And you don't need to include Climb X2, just state in Underground Movement that you cannot move more than 6 levels above or 6 levels below the base of Sandshrew.
Once we're a little more developed within the community someone needs to recommend you for the title "official word-izer".

Old July 14th, 2010, 12:12 AM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post

Once we're a little more developed within the community someone needs to recommend you for the title "official word-izer".
Lol, that was funny enough I couldn't resist putting it in my signature.
Old July 14th, 2010, 10:50 AM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker
Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread: SQUIRTLE!

Added revised versions of Sand Attack and Tunneling.

Quote:
Sandshrew

Sandshrew v6

Sidebar Information:

Pokemon
Uncommon Hero
Mouse
Alert/Timid (more people need to vote on this)
Small 3

Stat Box Information:

Life 3
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 3

~40 - 60 points?

Special Abilities/Attacks:

Defense Curl:
If this Sandshrew does not attack this turn, you may add 1 to his defense until the start of his next turn.

Sand Attack 14:
When this Sandshrew or any friendly figure adjacent to this Sandshrew is attacked by a normal attack from an opponent within 2 clear line spaces, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, the targeted figure may not make any more attacks until its next turn

Tunneling:
Instead of moving normally, if this Sandshrew is currently on a rock or sand space, you may use Tunneling. Choose an empty rock or sand space 5 spaces away. This space cannot be more than 1 level higher than the space that this Sandshrew started on.
Changes in Dark Orange

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old July 14th, 2010, 11:04 AM

fiddlerjones is surprisingly tart

I like this latest version. The one with Fury Swipes AND Sand Attack was a bit much, with two abilities that use the d20. Also, Tunneling looks good.

FiddlerJones Customs
"I ended up with forty acres;
I ended up with a broken fiddle --
And a broken laugh, and a thousand memories
And not a single regret."
Old July 14th, 2010, 11:05 AM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

Well, we still need a definite point value. And a personality.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old July 14th, 2010, 11:05 AM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread: SQUIRTLE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSwipe View Post
Added revised versions of Sand Attack and Tunneling.

Quote:
Sandshrew

Sandshrew v6

Sidebar Information:

Pokemon
Uncommon Hero
Mouse
Alert/Timid (more people need to vote on this)
Small 3

Stat Box Information:

Life 3
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 3

~40 - 60 points?

Special Abilities/Attacks:

Defense Curl:
If this Sandshrew does not attack this turn, you may add 1 to his defense until the start of his next turn.

Sand Attack 14:
When this Sandshrew or any friendly figure adjacent to this Sandshrew is attacked by a normal attack from an opponent within 2 clear line spaces, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, the targeted figure may not make any more attacks again until its next turn.

Tunneling:
Instead of moving normally, if this Sandshrew is currently begins its movement on a rock or sand space, you may use Tunneling. Choose an empty rock or sand space up to 5 spaces away. This space cannot be more than 1 level higher or 3 levels lower than the space that this Sandshrew started on. If this Sandshrew is engaged when it starts its Tunneling, it will take any leaving engagement attacks.
Changes in Dark Orange
See changes above.
Old July 14th, 2010, 11:07 AM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart

Other than the specific wording, Sand Attack looks good. It seems like a power that would work well on future figures too.

Tunneling: Why limit it to rock and sand? If we are going to put terrain limits on it at least put grass on there too, theres just soft dirt underneath it anyways, Tunneling through rock may be a bit unreal as well. I think removing terrain limits on it may be easier though Sandshrew Tunneling through Lavafield spaces makes just as less sense. Alternatively it could be called Dig, unless we wanted to save that for something that affects attack, feel free to dismiss this.

Personality: Of the two listed, ALERT for sure. While timid makes sense, in the game Timid was a nature that raised Speed growth while lowering Attack growth, so it is a nature you would never want your Sandshrew/slash to have.

Old July 14th, 2010, 11:11 AM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimoose38 View Post
Tunneling: Why limit it to rock and sand? If we are going to put terrain limits on it at least put grass on there too, theres just soft dirt underneath it anyways, Tunneling through rock may be a bit unreal as well. I think removing terrain limits on it may be easier though Sandshrew Tunneling through Lavafield spaces makes just as less sense. Alternatively it could be called Dig, unless we wanted to save that for something that affects attack, feel free to dismiss this.
As I was reading tunneling I was wondering the same thing myself. Are we limiting his tunneling move to one space up so that way it will force people to actually walk with him as well?
Old July 14th, 2010, 11:16 AM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroz View Post
Quote:
As I was reading tunneling I was wondering the same thing myself. Are we limiting his tunneling move to one space up so that way it will force people to actually walk with him as well?
I see a couple of reasons to have it be rock and sand only.
1) It makes the power unique and different from Underground Movement and therefore gets the name change.
2) It utilizes two of the least used terrain types for a specific effect.
3) It's just a plain cool idea.
Old July 14th, 2010, 11:32 AM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroz View Post
Quote:
I see a couple of reasons to have it be rock and sand only.
1) It makes the power unique and different from Underground Movement and therefore gets the name change.
2) It utilizes two of the least used terrain types for a specific effect.
3) It's just a plain cool idea.
Those are good reasons. If you're going to keep it rock/sand though I'd increase the amount that he can move up though to make it more viable.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum