Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old November 17th, 2008, 10:49 PM

moorific is surprisingly tart
New designs for Pepsi, Sierra Mist, and Moutain Dew.

http://www.thedieline.com/blog/2008/...s-pepsi-t.html

I feel like they're trying to appeal to the part of America that's "going green". It feels too organic than the Pepsi product logos I'm used to.

Your thoughts?
Old November 17th, 2008, 10:52 PM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death!
Re: New designs for Pepsi, Sierra Mist, and Moutain Dew.

They look like a generic brand! Really bland...

I don't drink much soda anyway, so I probably wouldn't have noticed.
Old November 17th, 2008, 11:07 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!

Mtn Dew?

So it beggins, Text Speak makes its way in to logos... Maybe if they were paying per letter I could see it...
Old November 17th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

I like the minimalist Pepsi, and I especially like the font. I REALLY like the MIST in Sierra Mist. Mtndew???? WTF????? That is the lamest design ever.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old November 17th, 2008, 11:43 PM

Mutt Lo knows what's in an order marker Mutt Lo knows what's in an order marker

Doesnt matter to me, its all the same soda.
Old November 18th, 2008, 01:18 AM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious View Post
Mtn Dew?

So it beggins, Text Speak makes its way in to logos... Maybe if they were paying per letter I could see it...
Most of the engineers I know drink Mountain Dew. It is actually weird cultural thing. No matter what an engineer studies or does, most of us have "green blood". I wonder if Pepsi realizes the market engineers bring to the table.

Another thing that most engineers I know hate is leet speak and text speak...It just seems juvenile and incorrect, and a little lazy. The fact that "that" culture has invaded "our" drink may put off more than a few engineers. I know it will take some adjustment and I will not be happy.

Who am I kidding, I need the caffeine.
This too will pass

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old November 18th, 2008, 04:21 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

How about "Mt. Dew?"

Old November 18th, 2008, 10:16 AM

John Smith has disabled reputation

If they really wanted to bring more people back to sodas they would reintroduce good old fashioned cane sugar into the blend. HFCS is terrible and there is a taste difference.

UPDATE: I agree, the Mtn Dew can looks especially terrible. The Safeway brand generic version of Mountain Dew looks especially similar.

"It'll hurt if i do"
Old November 18th, 2008, 11:14 AM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!

Isn't that marketing suicide to re-design your product to look just like the lesser-known generic?

Anyway, there's a reason I drink Coke products
Old November 18th, 2008, 12:44 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun

Mountain Dew is my nectar of the gods. The old labels were intense, sort of machine-like. You knew they were for hardcore soda-drinkers only. People who need the energy to just stay alive after a session of hardcore gaming, coding, or heavy lifting. The new label makes it look like they're trying to cash in on the new, "Trendy", generation, like Target. That just reeks of idiocy. And...normalcy. Like Ryougabot said earlier, "their" culture is invading "ours". It kind of stinks that something I value so much is turning into a generic green txtspk label.

Next they'll take the caffiene out, just to spite us.
Old November 18th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Next they'll take the caffiene out, just to spite us.
They have been making caffiene-free Mountain Dew for years, though personally I've never seen it for sale anywhere.

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old November 18th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

My buddy has a heart condition - he drinks the Caffree version.

Funny Ryougabot - you're dead on with the engineers...back when I was doing engineering work we called it 'IdeaDew' since the sheer power of ultrasugarcaffeine is enough to yank the best ideas out of the air.

Seriously, though, they need to change that ugly ass can for the Dew. Really, they should leave well enough alone - they're like 16 year old girls trying to reinvent themselves....

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General