Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old January 18th, 2020, 03:19 AM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Tandros Kreel

Man Tandros is rapidly becoming my favorite hero. His stats, his powers, his sculpt... Just... Perfect.

What is it with this guy? I remember when the DnD set first came out, my friends got the set and would always rant about how powerful the “lizard guy” was (his scale armor lol). Right next to mummy chick and rhino dude (Kato). But these days, years later, no one seems to really care about him. Matter of fact, I was looking through an old poll and most seem to consider him generally useless, a worse version of Carr. I strongly disagree.

His uses are valuable, niche, and can be very frustrating. Some ways I love to use him:

1. Pair him with krav maga or elite onyx vipers. Send him out first, and then bring up the squads. He works as a safe zone for them. Range still can’t hurt them much, and if your opponent tries to engage, they have to deal with tandros instead. Gives the anti-range assassins a lot more survivability to actually reach their targets.
2. Pair him with raelin. Obvious combo for obvious reasons. Can be a real brutal combo if your opponent isn’t packing range, and if he is, you’ve got that nice krav/tandros combo I mentioned beforehand.
3. Use him to slaughter rats. Killing 2 rats in a single turn? Sign me up. Sure, it usually doesn’t quite work like that when your opponent places them to prevent his cleave, but still, keeping your opponent on their toes and on the defensive is good.
4. Ninja/sentinel/other tough squad killer. Being able to ignore disappearing ninja or shields of valor by killing a weak squady, then cleaving through a tougher one is sort of a cheap move, but effective. Furthermore, it is tough for your opponent to position his troops to prevent this, as Tandros will just risk the disengage with his insane life to make it happen.

Overall, I don’t see how he is remotely similar to carr, besides being a ranged attacher that has a brutal melee strike. They are totally different figures, and Tandros is the only one who can fill his niche, and I might say that he does it extremely well.

Why is he seemingly forgotten along with the other C rated units of the 3rd master set?
Old January 18th, 2020, 07:12 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
He's Good

Kreeloy Jenkins (the nickname he has been called from me after he went on a tear and killed like 3 heroes after I'd lost the rest of my army and I said it to be funny) is good. 7 life 4 defense takes forever to kill. Cleave is a great option even if the opponent can mitigate it some. Plus range for kiting.

@Major Q23 has included him in his last 3(?) Gencon main event builds and I heartily agree with this decision. Dude will always do some work. I think the reason some people underestimate him is apart from living for a very long time, he doesn't do any one thing well, just several useful things averagely. That'll tend to stick out less in people's minds than Carr whacking somebody with 6 dice.

~Dysole, keeping it Kreel
Old February 16th, 2020, 03:06 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Perfect meat shield for Rogues.

Last edited by Dysole; March 1st, 2020 at 10:05 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units