Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old March 13th, 2015, 12:43 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Online Season 18 - ROUND 2

On to a slightly different issue:
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Just got beat up by my my own Snipers. Violation is just too easy to camp on, and Crevcor throws it even more in their favor. 3 and 4 attack Snipers are really good.
At least he never got the repulsor bonus to boost it to 5 attack

In all seriousness, I had been joking before your game that Crevcor had been ignored in basically every game so far. But obviously snipers are the perfect army to take advantage of it, and that they did. That game was straight-up brutal. To some extent this was just a crazy matchup thing. Crevcor is not half that insane most of the time.

That said... in the future I don't think I will support us using Violation, at least in standard format games. The issue is the glyph locations. Because of the lava field, the glyphs need to be strong or they are just ignored. But the glyphs are set up in a way that one side has a much easier time defending one glyph than the other one. So if one glyph is more valuable in a given game, then it can really skew things.

I actually don't think Violation is that unbalanced most of the time in favor of camping, but when one side can camp near its glyph and force the action, it's bad. Maybe Violation can be adjusted to move the glyphs towards more evenly contestable locations, and we can use it in the future.

Anyway, sorry you guys had an unbalanced game. Lesson learned on all ends.
Old March 13th, 2015, 12:54 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I was shocked to see that Crevcor and Gerda were even being used. I am so unused to seeing such power houses in the first place, but the fact that they were so close to the respective start zones made it trivial to camp around the glyph and replace any units I managed to lose without missing out on attacks.

Obviously a few other factors worked out to make that match go the way it did, but I think more central or distant glyphs make it a little harder to camp around at least since you have to actually pull your army forth in order to claim it.
Old March 13th, 2015, 01:19 PM

Buddy412 knows what's in an order marker Buddy412 knows what's in an order marker

Me and TreePowerz are playing Sunday @ 1. TreePowerz has the Nakita Agents and I have the Fen Hydras.
Old March 13th, 2015, 11:45 PM

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Me and Simval just had a very tense game. One of my Skull Demons managed to kill Kurrok early, but was killed eventually. The remaining Knights and Demon attacked Johnny and eventually killed him, but all met their end at the hands of the Mohicans. Hawthorne and Prince Al'kahora put up a fight, but in the end 4 Mohicans and 2 Air Elementals were left. It was a very swingy game at times, but in the end, they evened out towards Simval. Good game man.

"I am definitely a mad man with a box."

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
Old March 13th, 2015, 11:56 PM

Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
The Simval (0-1) v. Heroscaper Guy (0-1) pool of armies is:
* Wolves of Badru x2, Morgoloth, Mezzodemon Warmongers x2, Kee-Mo-Shi, Isamu
* Air Elemental x8, Kurrok the Elementalist, Mohican River Tribe x2, Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan
* Otonashi, Kyntela Gwyn, Arkmer, Emirroon, Jorhdawn, Elaria the Pale, Haduc, Ulginesh
* Prince al'Kahora, Sir Hawthorne, Air Elemental x3, Death Knights of Valkrill x3, Skull Demon x2
Heroscaper Guy chooses to pick his opponent's army first or second. After armies are picked, Simval chooses who places first.
Me and Heroscaper Guy had scheduled for tomorrow morning, but I had forgotten some stuff... So we played tonight !

Heroscaper Guy decided to give me my Indian & Cowboy Storm army, while I gave him his Death Knight army.

I started strong, placing my Air Elemental in some good spots, and shooting with Johnny, but the Skull Demon could go past my swirling vortex and pummeled my guys. He managed to get to Kurrok by the second round, and Kurrok died in the third round ! Oh no !

We had lost an even amount of point (except Kurrok) though, so I had hope. Johnny Shotgun and his buddy Air Elemental then managed to survive a loooot of attacks, like 4 each. This was a turning point, as I killed a bunch of HG's point during those turns. All this time, I had an elemental on Gerda and he never died, and that helped me a lot (good choice to move him there instead of attacking with another one).

The big cowboy finally died, having killed only like 60 points, but having been the greatest wound soaker ever.

My mohican then came out really strong, killing 3 Death Knight, and finishing the Skull Demon. At that point I started rolling like a madman, my 3/4 attacks flying around against Heroscaper Guy's 0/3 defense... Stuff like that.

The Mohicans continued their crazy charge and killed Prince Al'Kahora in two or three attacks, same for Hawthorne. I won with 2 Air Elemental and 4 Mohicans left. Thanks Heroscaper Guy for the game ! You had me scared in the beginning, but the dice gods weren't on your side. Good luck in the rest of the tournament.

The crazy stats

Quote:
Heroscaper Guy
Attack rolls: 45 out of 96 (46.88%)
Defense rolls: 36 out of 129 (27.91%)
Total dice rolled: 225
Time used: 0h, 31m, 32s

simval
Attack rolls: 65 out of 116 (56.03%)
Defense rolls: 29 out of 73 (39.73%)
Total dice rolled: 189
Time used: 0h, 41m, 6s
EDIT : got 'd by Heroscaper Guy. You are welcome for the game, thanks to you.
Old March 14th, 2015, 02:06 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Chris Perkins and I start in 25 min.

Man and over, poor placement on Sudema almost let TKN kill her but on the next turn I nailed the 17 on Stare of Stone and that gave me the momentum to finish the game!

Thanks for playing Chris!

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is the Venoc Warlord...
in THE ORPHANAGE

Last edited by William099; March 14th, 2015 at 03:28 AM.
Old March 14th, 2015, 12:10 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Have not heard from my opponent since Monday and we were aiming to play our game sometime yesterday. I sent him a PM yesterday but did not get a response. Anything I need or should do at this point?

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...
Old March 14th, 2015, 12:44 PM

n00b knows what's in an order marker n00b knows what's in an order marker n00b knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crixus33 View Post
Have not heard from my opponent since Monday and we were aiming to play our game sometime yesterday. I sent him a PM yesterday but did not get a response. Anything I need or should do at this point?
sounds like me

The reigning NHSD champion of Wyoming
Old March 14th, 2015, 02:23 PM
2-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crixus33 View Post
@ScapeRaider

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old March 14th, 2015, 05:10 PM

belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby!

I haven't heard from mine either. We were going to play Monday night but I missed the time. I have sent several messages but have no response as of yet.
Old March 14th, 2015, 05:30 PM
2-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

@jcustar09 @jcustar07

Can one of you get Jcustar09's game with Belgarath scheduled?

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old March 14th, 2015, 10:24 PM

ScapeRaider knows what's in an order marker ScapeRaider knows what's in an order marker ScapeRaider knows what's in an order marker

Crixus and I are playing now

ScapeRaider is Fen Hydra...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events