Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old January 25th, 2015, 07:45 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

Watched Guardians of the Galaxy again for the 3rd time. Also watched Divergent this afternoon with my wife. We liked it.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 26th, 2015, 01:51 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Saw American Sniper and walked out of the theater stunned. The entire 50+ audience was silent as they made their way to the lobby. I really enjoyed the film. It's similar to Black Hawk Down and Lone Survivor, probably because they were fighting similar bad guys. It's an emotional roller-coaster for anyone that has ties to the modern military actions in the Middle East or comprehends the Geo-Political crisis taking place in that part of the world. The ending just left me pissed-off that the V.A. (and the US society in general) are still *NOT* doing enough for our veterans returning from war zones. And I desperately wanted to punch Michael Moore in his fat face.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; January 26th, 2015 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Forgot to hightlight the movie's title.
Old January 26th, 2015, 08:48 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
And I desperately wanted to punch Michael Moore in his fat face.
I don't need this movie to want that...

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old January 28th, 2015, 11:50 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

How does American Sniper compare to Band of Brothers/Saving Private Ryan? Does it have a 'merica feel to it, or is it just a genuinely good war movie?

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old January 28th, 2015, 04:09 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
How does American Sniper compare to Band of Brothers/Saving Private Ryan? Does it have a 'merica feel to it, or is it just a genuinely good war movie?
Haven't seen it, but having trouble parsing whether you meant Band of Brothers/Saving Private Ryan as examples of movies with "a 'merica feel" or as examples of movies without one.

~Aldin, who doesn't really "get" the whole 'merica thing and wonders if he'd agree that it is the opposite of a genuinely good war movie

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old January 28th, 2015, 04:44 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
Haven't seen it, but having trouble parsing whether you meant Band of Brothers/Saving Private Ryan as examples of movies with "a 'merica feel" or as examples of movies without one.

~Aldin, who doesn't really "get" the whole 'merica thing and wonders if he'd agree that it is the opposite of a genuinely good war movie

How hard is it for people to say America?

Old January 28th, 2015, 04:47 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

No, how hard is it for them to type it?
Old January 28th, 2015, 05:07 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

The use of 'merica is just a feeble attempt to paint all those who are unapologetically patriotic as uneducated inbreed country hillbillies. It reveals much more about the people who propagate the slander than the ones they are trying to defame. Is America perfect? No. Has America made mistakes? Yes. Does that mean we shouldn't be proud of the successes America has achieved or 'root' for America? No.
Old January 28th, 2015, 05:20 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
The use of 'merica is just a feeble attempt to paint all those who are unapologetically patriotic as uneducated inbreed country hillbillies. It reveals much more about the people who propagate the slander than the ones they are trying to defame. Is America perfect? No. Has America made mistakes? Yes. Does that mean we shouldn't be proud of the successes America has achieved or 'root' for America? No.
Thank you. I wish I could +rep you twice for this.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old January 28th, 2015, 06:50 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Ah. Well then. Definitely NOT something I would consider the opposite of a genuinely good war movie.

~Aldin, still kinda wondering if the movies listed were intended examples for or against

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old January 28th, 2015, 06:51 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Thank you. I wish I could +rep you twice for this.

I got him for you Mac

Well said Yodaking.

We're not perfect, but darn it, there's a ton to be proud of.

Old January 28th, 2015, 06:56 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Our movies, for one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies