Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old December 30th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Yeah, I thought it was an interesting premise but then they didn't really execute it as well as I would have liked. I don't really get the ending either, they promoted it as a 3 night mini series but now it looks like they are trying to use it to launch a tv show. I would have liked it better had they wrapped everything up.
Spoiler Alert!

~Aldin, who understood the finale but again fails to understand the reason it made sense within the world that they built

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 31st, 2014, 01:34 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Stupid Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Getting my three younger siblings hooked on Young Justice. They seem to have enjoyed it so far (after they weren't that interested in the first episode), as now whenever I turn it on, they migrate in front of the TV.
Fantastic show. I feel sorry for you when you get to the end. That is all.

~Dysole, vaguely cryptic
I know how it ends, I have watched it all the way through. I do have a few more shows I'm gonna put them through eventually and this is just the start: (Avatar, Korra, Avengers EMH, Justice League, Gargoyles, Invader Zim, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Samurai Jack, Kids Next Door, Teen Titans and some other tv shows from my childhood, but it's a long list so this is the start.)
And I have literally 0 complaints with that list. (There's a few I haven't seen all of the episodes of all the shows but all of them are very solid).

~Dysole, really mad at the stupid reason YJ got cancelled
I do. People only like Invader Zim because of the show's dark color scheme, it's not actually funny. I have a feeling that Nightmare Before Christmas isn't good either because the same type of people like that too, but I'll check it out. Came from that early 2000's period where everything sucked. Kids Next Door was meh, Adventure Time and Regular Show blow it out of the water.

Kablam is the best classic Nickelodeon cartoon by the way. Ren and Stimpy is also an acceptable answer.

Courage pulls off the dark children's cartoon much better.

And while we're at it, Ed, Edd, and Eddy wasn't good either. It looked like crap and it was annoying to watch because it's just them getting cuckolded everytime, and the only likable character is the smart one, everyone else is either greedy, retarded, a douche, or some annoying tattletale, or rapist trailer park women.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old December 31st, 2014, 02:29 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Animated Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post

I do. People only like Invader Zim because of the show's dark color scheme, it's not actually funny. I have a feeling that Nightmare Before Christmas isn't good either because the same type of people like that too, but I'll check it out. Came from that early 2000's period where everything sucked. Kids Next Door was meh, Adventure Time and Regular Show blow it out of the water.

Kablam is the best classic Nickelodeon cartoon by the way. Ren and Stimpy is also an acceptable answer.

And while we're at it, Ed, Edd, and Eddy wasn't good either. It looked like crap and it was annoying to watch because it's just them getting cuckolded everytime, and the only likable character is the smart one, everyone else is either greedy, retarded, a douche, or some annoying tattletale, or rapist trailer park women.
Invader Zim and KND are actually the shows on his list that I have seen the least of. Both felt to me like solid shows with good moments but nothing spectacular although I think Zim is probably the better show. Nightmare Before Christmas is a quite enjoyable flick but it might be a bit overhyped.

Adventure Time is one of the smartest kids shows on television. I have watched some of Regular Show and it isn't bad but it just doesn't grab me (also I think it might be because Rigby annoys the crud out of me and Mordecai isn't too much better). They're infinitely smarter than most of kids programming on today. (Really with Avatar finished the only solid kids shows left I can think of are both Disney products in Phineas and Ferb and Gravity Falls)

Can't speak to classic Nick since I've only seen a little bit of it.

Ed, Edd, and Eddy was all right. I never quite enjoyed it but when it was on I didn't actively hate it like some shows I've seen (*cough* Spongebob *cough* Teen Titans Go! *cough*).

~Dysole, who has watched a surprising amount of programming aimed at children despite being in his mid 20s
Old December 31st, 2014, 06:44 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Just watched the last quarter of Legend of Korra Book 4 on nick.com. A fine finish for a whole lot of characters, one going back to the original Avatar series. The creators have signed with another company for future projects, and people are expecting great things from them.
Old December 31st, 2014, 10:56 AM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Getting my three younger siblings hooked on Young Justice. They seem to have enjoyed it so far (after they weren't that interested in the first episode), as now whenever I turn it on, they migrate in front of the TV.
Fantastic show. I feel sorry for you when you get to the end. That is all.

~Dysole, vaguely cryptic
I know how it ends, I have watched it all the way through. I do have a few more shows I'm gonna put them through eventually and this is just the start: (Avatar, Korra, Avengers EMH, Justice League, Gargoyles, Invader Zim, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Samurai Jack, Kids Next Door, Teen Titans and some other tv shows from my childhood, but it's a long list so this is the start.)
And I have literally 0 complaints with that list. (There's a few I haven't seen all of the episodes of all the shows but all of them are very solid).

~Dysole, really mad at the stupid reason YJ got cancelled

I personally do like Invader Zim (after all, why would I put it on the list ), to me it has funny characters (Gir, Professor Membrane, Dib, etc.). To me the opposite is true for Regular Show, Adventure Time, and Kids Next Door. I watched about ten episodes for Regular Show and Adventure Time each, thinking surely this gets good with as much as people talk about it, and found it just as stupid (in my opinion, as shows like Chowder, Uncle Grandpa, etc.). Kids Next Door, I find funny, and my siblings share my sense of humor. I dunno, just my opinion, maybe I got dropped on my head too much as a kid and my sense of humor got messed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Just watched the last quarter of Legend of Korra Book 4 on nick.com. A fine finish for a whole lot of characters, one going back to the original Avatar series. The creators have signed with another company for future projects, and people are expecting great things from them.
That was a good finish to the series. What do you think of
Spoiler Alert!
, Chas? (I think that's how we're spelling this relationship)

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old December 31st, 2014, 01:55 PM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quick Chime Ins

Quote:
This. 100% this. I wish Korra hadn't been jerked around so much by Nick but I am very happy with the finished product.

Quote:
I watched about ten episodes for Regular Show and Adventure Time each, thinking surely this gets good with as much as people talk about it, and found it just as stupid (in my opinion, as shows like Chowder, Uncle Grandpa, etc.). Kids Next Door, I find funny, and my siblings share my sense of humor. I dunno, just my opinion, maybe I got dropped on my head too much as a kid and my sense of humor got messed up.
Regular Show isn't really my type of humor. Adventure Time is. However, for me the big thing about Adventure Time (and this might be why you don't see it) is that the more you find out about the world the more amazing the show gets. I honestly thought it was just an okay wacky random show with some cool moments until about the middle of Season/end of Season 4 (there was an episode that I almost cried in the middle of) and then after that the show has probably been better storywise than anything on television not named Avatar (and certainly better than Korra's Season 2 plot). Adventure Time is harder to get into but it is amazing when you do.

Quote:
That was a good finish to the series. What do you think of
Spoiler Alert!
, Chas? (I think that's how we're spelling this relationship)
Short answer for me. I liked it and will go into more details in PM if anyone wants to know more of my opinion.

~Dysole, as quick as he can be
Old December 31st, 2014, 05:40 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

As for the surprise ending of Korra: Too bad we'll never see how it develops...

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by chas; January 1st, 2015 at 04:48 PM.
Old December 31st, 2014, 06:44 PM

Well

Quote:
As for the surprise ending of Korra: Too bad we'll never see how it develops...
Barring further expansion in a comic book which wouldn't surprise me.

~Dysole, who would hardly turn down more Avatar content
Old January 1st, 2015, 12:30 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah, I can't watch that part where Finn goes into the fetal position, starts crying, and asks, "Why can't I just love a girl?". I fell in love with my best friend and I was making plans to go see her. She told me she had breast cancer and it wrecked me, last winter it was so cold that my tears turned to slush on my face while doing my mail route. She was actually addicted to heroin and didn't want me to see her like that. At the time I wasn't mad at her because heroin addiction isn't much different than cancer.

Eventually a few months after she got out of jail she asked me why the Netflix account I shared with her was out. I said because I don't watch Netflix anymore. She complained again and I said, " Why don't you get your boyfriend to get you Netflix?" and then we got in a fight.

After ignoring her for a few weeks or months we started talking again. But she doesn't get that she can't say things like, "I love you (best friend)", or "I want to grow old with you" if she wants me to stop viewing her as a potential partner.

So now I just go around assuming I'll never find anyone as good as her, and that since I'll never have her I'll never be happy. I know that sounds stupid given how miserable she made my past year, but the reason why I couldn't just stop caring about her is because every moment I was with her was so good and perfect, the best times of my life.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old January 5th, 2015, 06:53 AM

Saw Gallavant, a medieval comedy satire on Ch. 7 last night. They played the first two half hour episodes; there will be more. It was pretty silly, but had a few good moments. They also sang!

Way back in the Sixties, in the heyday of Broadway musical comedies, a musical comedy TV series was attempted, with a couple of new songs each episode! It was a contemporary story of two people falling in love and getting married. The star was Robert Morse, who had played the lead in 1961's How To Be Successful In Business Without Really Trying --both the play and the movie--one of the big shows of that time. The TV show didn't stay on very long, but it was one of the first (if not the first) noble attempts at an early 'media crossover,' which today is so commonplace. Wikipedia tells me it was called That's Life, and was aired in 1968. (Morse has also appeared more recently in Mad Men.)
Old January 6th, 2015, 03:44 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
I watched about ten episodes for Regular Show and Adventure Time each, thinking surely this gets good with as much as people talk about it, and found it just as stupid (in my opinion, as shows like Chowder, Uncle Grandpa, etc.).
Just out of curiosity did you watch the first 10 episodes of Regular Show from season 1? I love the show, but those ones are weak. There are only a couple episodes from the first season that I really like.
Old January 6th, 2015, 04:17 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:
I watched about ten episodes for Regular Show and Adventure Time each, thinking surely this gets good with as much as people talk about it, and found it just as stupid (in my opinion, as shows like Chowder, Uncle Grandpa, etc.).
Just out of curiosity did you watch the first 10 episodes of Regular Show from season 1? I love the show, but those ones are weak. There are only a couple episodes from the first season that I really like.
Yeah, I try to watch things in order, so I did watch the first 10 from season 1.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV