Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old July 1st, 2010, 12:31 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
I thought that a hero can carry as many TGs as they want but not multiples of the same one.
for some reason, I though that a hero could not have duplicate tresure glyphs on his card. But after re-reading through the rules it does not say that anywhere. and Rule #6: a hero can have any number of treasure glyphs. I don't know why I thought that a hero couldn't have duplicates.
Old July 1st, 2010, 12:39 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyelephant View Post
Is there a chance we could start seeing Uncommons all grouped together in one booster?

That way we can get back to having common squad units grouped together again.

If it wasn't for places like Auggies, It'd be disappointing to have to keep purchasing multiples of figures that will never get table time. I don't need X3 of Ogre Hulk.

Now, the Wolf Lord/Hydra are a whole nuther story.......
I doubt that they will ever repackage anything, save for the exclusives that came out in wave 10 as repaints.

Not necessarily repackage what has already been released, but halt the need for so many uncommons.

I like most of you are seeing a trend. A booster consists of:

x1 common squad, x2 uncommon heroes.

Some of these Uncommons should be Uniques. What's the difference between Torin, Krug, Wolf Lord, and Ogre Warhulk? I'm not crazy about the packaging of some of these boosters with some of these figures that are so closely related to the Unique catergory.

With that said, I don't want the design team to feel like I'm crapping on them. I'm not! You guys are coming up with some great unique powers that are going to be a blast to play! I'm just worried that with this huge wave of Uncommons, there will not be any need to field any Uniques in the long run. (bolded for emphasis)

Last thing.

Some of you guys hated it when it was referred to Squadscape. Why is Uncommon/Squadscape any different?

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old July 1st, 2010, 01:01 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Is there a chance we could start seeing Uncommons all grouped together in one booster?

That way we can get back to having common squad units grouped together again.

If it wasn't for places like Auggies, It'd be disappointing to have to keep purchasing multiples of figures that will never get table time. I don't need X3 of Ogre Hulk.

Now, the Wolf Lord/Hydra are a whole nuther story.......
I doubt that they will ever repackage anything, save for the exclusives that came out in wave 10 as repaints.

Not necessarily repackage what has already been released, but halt the need for so many uncommons.

I like most of you are seeing a trend. A booster consists of:

x1 common squad, x2 uncommon heroes.

Some of these Uncommons should be Uniques. What's the difference between Torin, Krug, Wolf Lord, and Ogre Warhulk? I'm not crazy about the packaging of some of these boosters with some of these figures that are so closely related to the Unique catergory.

With that said, I don't want the design team to feel like I'm crapping on them. I'm not! You guys are coming up with some great unique powers that are going to be a blast to play! I'm just worried that with this huge wave of Uncommons, there will not be any need to field any Uniques in the long run. (bolded for emphasis)

Last thing.

Some of you guys hated it when it was referred to Squadscape. Why is Uncommon/Squadscape any different?
what's the difference? The unique's have actual character names. While the uncommons have generic names. Perhaps if they had given The Ogre Warhulk an actual name, instead of a discription. then he'd be unique. But the vagueness of the name allows for multiple units, and makes it much more D&D like.
Old July 1st, 2010, 01:32 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If name is all it takes then that's an easy fix. Not sure how that's a deterrent from making them unique.

Anyways, I'm not sure I'm supposed to be starting this discussion in this thread. Perhaps a different one would be better.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old July 1st, 2010, 07:45 PM

blooded scion is surprisingly tart

When counting points a the end of a game do you have to kill each different sculpt in squad?
Say your opponent is fielding multiple 3 figure squads does killing any of his three count as a defeating a squad.We play with 4 to 5 people so we do the first to kill over 800 points wins.
Old July 1st, 2010, 07:49 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by blooded scion View Post
When counting points a the end of a game do you have to kill each different sculpt in squad?
Say your opponent is fielding multiple 3 figure squads does killing any of his three count as a defeating a squad.We play with 4 to 5 people so we do the first to kill over 800 points wins.

3 killed= 1 card of points. Sculpts do not matter.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old July 1st, 2010, 07:49 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
To get the points at all, you must destroy what is shown on the card. But I would say that you would only have to kill enough for the card(which makes sense IMHO).

Edit:Ninja'd

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 4th, 2010, 12:05 AM

Cigarman has disabled reputation

Wyvern picks up enemy fig and places it next to Greater Ice Elemental. Do the Ice Spikes trigger or not?
Old July 4th, 2010, 12:09 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarman View Post
Wyvern picks up enemy fig and places it next to Greater Ice Elemental. Do the Ice Spikes trigger or not?
Absolutely.

Somewhere in the FAQ's a similar question arises when a figure is placed next to an opponent's Nakita Agent by Jotun's Throw. The Agent gets to use her Engagement Strike, and in your case, the GIE gets to use his Spikes.
Old July 4th, 2010, 12:52 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
To get the points at all, you must destroy what is shown on the card. But I would say that you would only have to kill enough for the card(which makes sense IMHO).

Adding to this - some players use what is informally called "fractional scoring". So, for a card worth 100 points, each figure is worth 33 (one third rounded down). Other times players only score if a full card's worth of figures are destroyed.

The group should decide on and agree what kind of scoring to use before the game starts. For my part, in a multiplayer setting fractional scoring makes much more sense.

Old July 4th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:

Adding to this - some players use what is informally called "fractional scoring". So, for a card worth 100 points, each figure is worth 33 (one third rounded down). Other times players only score if a full card's worth of figures are destroyed.

The group should decide on and agree what kind of scoring to use before the game starts. For my part, in a multiplayer setting fractional scoring makes much more sense.
And adding to this-that is a custom or house rule and this is the Official Rules and FAQs forum.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old July 4th, 2010, 04:23 PM

TartanDoc has disabled reputation

Drow Chain Fighter chain grab - he can pull someone from 6 levels above his height = 10 levels. do they take falling damage if he does this?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's