Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old April 4th, 2017, 10:05 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Dr. G's Customs 2.0

Here's my next wave of untested customs! I assume point values are wildly off and powers are liable to change. We'll see.

Babauligos

Demon
Unique Hero
Marquis
Militaristic
Medium 4

Life 4
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 2

Demon Command (is there a better way to word this one?)
Instead of taking a turn with the Babau Devil you may take a turn with one Unique Demon Army Card in your army or up to two Common Demon Army Cards in your army.
Acid Blood Slime
When the Babau Devil receives a wound from a normal attack from an adjacent figure, all skulls rolled count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.
90 points

Beliazal

Demon
Unique Hero
Brute
Tormented
Medium 6

Life 5
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 3

Ram Charge
When attacking with Beliazal, if the defending figure was not adjacent to Beliazal at the start of this turn, Beliazal receives 2 additional attack dice, if he moved at least 3 spaces. If Ram Charge is active and the defending figure rolls defense dice and is not destroyed by Beliazal, you may knock the figure back by placing it on any space adjacent to its current location and not adjacent to Beliazal. The space must be on the same level as or lower than its current location. A figure moved by Ram Charge never takes any leaving engagement attacks. A non-flying figure moved lower by Ram Charge can receive any falling damage that may apply.
Frightening Presence
Common figures attacking Beliazal with a normal attack subtract 1 from their attack dice.
120 points

Nelchom

Demon
Unique Hero
Marquis
Terrifying
Medium 6(not confirmed)

Life 4
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3

Face of Death
After moving and before attacking, you may choose a figure adjacent to Nelchom. Roll the 20-sided die. If the figure is common add 7 to your roll. If you roll an 18-19 the figure receives one wound. If you roll a 20 destroy the figure.
Flying
When counting spaces for Nelchom’s movement, ignore elevations. Nelchom may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Nelchom starts to fly, if he is engaged he will take any leaving engagement attacks.
110 Points

Grimslake

Bonemaggot
Unique Hero
Devourer
Terrifying
Large 6 (2-space)

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 4

Devour the Rabble ehh... On second thought... Nah
At any point while moving, Grimslake may choose a small or medium common figure that is adjacent, on the same level, and on a space where Grimslake may end its movement. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1–5, the figure is safe and Grimslake’s movement ends. If you roll 6–20, destroy the chosen figure and move Grimslake onto the space occupied, and you may continue Grimslake’s movement. Grimslake must be on a space where it can end movement each time it uses this power.

Marquis' Pet
Before moving Grimslake, choose an unengaged friendly small or medium Marquis adjacent to Grimslake. After you move Grimslake, place the chosen figure adjacent to Grimslake. All friendly Marquis adjacent to Grimslake roll an additional defense die. Grimslake rolls one additional attack die if at least one Marquis is adjacent to it.
Marrow Drain
When attacking a small or medium figure, Grimslake rolls one additional attack die. When Grimslake destroys a small or medium figure remove one wound marker from this Army Card.
Slither
Grimslake does not have to stop its movement when entering water spaces.
130 115 Points

And, here're two updated contest customs:

I think these might be 40 points a piece...

...and this might be a few less points. Ooh, and I need to consistencify the name in the powers.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; May 4th, 2017 at 01:23 PM.
Old May 10th, 2017, 02:02 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, I've played a couple of games with Nelchom and one with him and Grimslake, but I want to play the whole faction together before I finalize them. Fintana, Gnuk, and GK-235 are complete at this point too, so I'll have to make up some cards for them. As of yet the Ishedooligans haven't seen the table.

So, instead of taking time to test all the customs that need to be, here're a couple more! I haven't painted either of the figures used yet, and will probably go with a more Fyorlag-y paint job on Zirnelkis. Also, the Web Spaces will probably be shadow spaces with some tacky-puddy put on them in a web pattern, I'll put up a picture when one of these exists.

Thanks @Pumpkin_King for Climbing (though I weakened it a little).

Damisa
Dirlagraun
Unique Hero
Beast
Tricky
Medium 6
Life 2
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 3
Displacement
If Damisa is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, before rolling defense dice, roll the 20-sided die for Displacement. If the attacking figure is non-adjacent, if you roll a 6 or higher Damisa takes no damage and must immediately move one space, if possible. If the figure is adjacent, if you roll a 13 or higher Damisa takes no damage and must immediately move one space, if possible. If Damisa is adjacent to the attacking figure after moving you may roll one unblockable attack die against the attacking figure. Damisa never takes leaving engagement attacks when moving with Displacement.
Shoulder Tentacles
When Damisa attacks she may attack one additional time. Damisa may only attack once if there is a Wound Marker on this Army Card. As long as there are no Wound Markers on this Army Card, when Damisa attacks, she may attack an additional time.
60 points

Zirnelkis
Arachnid
Unique Hero
Predator
Wild
Medium 4
Life 4
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3
Web Trap
Start the game with 4 Web Spaces on this Army Card. After moving and before attacking, you may choose one land space within 3 clear sight spaces of Zirnelkis. If there is a figure on the chosen space, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher or there is no figure on the space, place a Web Space on that space. Non-arachnid figures on a Web Space are trapped. Trapped figures cannot move off of the Web Space (two-spaced figures may move as long as one space remains on the Web Space). The trapped figure can move off the Web Space only if a friendly figure occupies an adjacent space. Add 5 to your roll for Entangling Web if the chosen figure is on a Web Space.
Climbing
When climbing up levels of terrain, count every four levels as one movement point. When climbing, you may triple Zirnelkis' height.
Points 75

Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; May 11th, 2017 at 08:49 PM.
Old May 10th, 2017, 02:06 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Hah! Very nice! Glad I could inspire you. I actually played with a similar web-type ability for my spider, but I couldn't get the wording to work. I'm super glad that you could!

For Damisa, would the wording be better if it were something like "As long as Damisa has no wound markers on her card, she may attack an additional time"? Just a thought.
Old May 10th, 2017, 06:11 PM
On vacation...

Ooh, I like that a lot better. Thanks! I'm pretty happy with the web wording too, now I just gotta play a game with them.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old May 17th, 2017, 08:51 PM
On vacation...

Hey everybody, I made actual cards for GK, Gnuk, and "Hook" (they're in the OP).

Also, I made some more Demons. I haven't painted mine yet, but is a picture of the figures with a lot better paint than mine will have. The Gatekeepers are going to be the flag-bearer and the bugle boy.

The Gatekeepers
Demon
Unique Squad (2)
Guard
Merciless
Medium 5

Life 1
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 4

GATE OF ACHERON
A Gatekeeper may target any figure adjacent to either Gatekeeper for an attack. Friendly figures occupying the same space as one Gatekeeper may move onto any empty space adjacent to either Gatekeeper.
ACHERON SACRIFICE
When a Gatekeeper is targeted for an attack and receives enough wounds to be destroyed, you may destroy one friendly figure adjacent to the other Gatekeeper to ignore all wounds inflicted by that attack.
Points 70.

Demon Bloodletters
Demon
Common Squad (2)
Bloodletters
Wild
Medium 5

Life 1
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3

LET THE BLOOD FLOW Wording help?
If the Bloodletters destroy at least one figure with their normal attacks this turn, you may attack again with any two Bloodletters you control. You may continue attacking with two Bloodletters until they do not destroy a figure. A Bloodletter cannot attack again if it has already destroyed a figure this turn.
BLOODLETTING BRIGADE
If no Bloodletters attacked this turn, you may move up to two Bloodletters who did not move this turn.
Points 50.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; May 17th, 2017 at 10:41 PM.
Old May 17th, 2017, 09:54 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Both look super fun!

The wording for Let the Blood Flow looks good except one thing:

LET THE BLOOD FLOW
If the Bloodletters destroy at least one figure with their normal attacks this turn, you may attack again with any two Bloodletters you control. You may continue attacking with two Bloodletters until they do not destroy a figure. A Bloodletter cannot attack again if it has already destroyed a figure this turn.

"this turn" is optional but I definitely like "again" in there.
Old May 17th, 2017, 10:39 PM
On vacation...

Thanks! That's a bit more constructive than my map tips to you. I think I'll put both of those into the wording, definitely the "again" though.

Also, I'm adding the word "empty" to Gate of Acheron.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old June 7th, 2017, 01:52 PM
On vacation...

Hmm... Make more customs, or test the ones I have?

I know! I'll make more customs! I somewhat recently acquired these two miniatures, and I considered paying them forward... But then I had an idea.

The figures are Brodert Quink and Sqealy Nord from Pathfinder's Lost Coast Line.

Brodert Oink (I'll try and think of a better one, but this works)
Human
Unique Hero
Transmuter
Addlepated
Medium 4

Life 4
Move 4
Range 1
Attack 1
Defense 3

INSIGNIFICANT (adapted from C-3PO)
When Brodert Quink or a friendly, small Pig Hero adjacent to Brodert Quink is targeted for a normal attack from a non-adjacent opponent, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 6 or higher, Brodert Quink and all friendly, small Pig Heroes adjacent to Brodert Quink no longer have any visible hit zones for the duration of the attacking figure's turn.
BOOK OF SPELLS
After moving and before attacking, you may choose one small or medium Unique Hero within 5 spaces of Brodert Quink. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-4 the chosen figure receives one wound. If you roll a 5-13 nothing happens. If you roll a 14 or higher remove 3 Wound Markers from that figure's army card. If you roll a 17 or higher place the chosen figure on Pig's Army Card and replace the figure with Piggy and move all Order Marker's from that figure's Army Card to Piggy's Army Card. Brodert Quink cannot use Book of Spells if Piggy is on the battlefield.
Points 60?

The idea behind his addlepatedness is that he gets all of his power from the book, but doesn't really know what it does. Seeing as he's a human, he doesn't have any magic on his own, so he just reads the spell and then something happens.

Piggy
Pig
Unique Hero
Skittish
Hog
Small 2/3
(I'll check on this)
Life 3
Move 4
Range 1
Attack 1
Defense 1

RETRANSMUTE
Instead of attacking, Piggy may use Retransmute. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, replace Piggy with the figure on this Army Card, place Piggy on this Army Card, remove all Wound Markers from this Army Card, and move all Order Markers from this Army Card to the Army Card of the figure that replaced Piggy.
RUN AWAY
When an opponent's figure moves adjacent to Piggy, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, you must immediately move Piggy 4 spaces. Piggy can only use Run Away if it can end its turn nonadjacent to any opponent's figures.
IT'S NOT JUST A PIG
Piggy cannot be drafted in any army and does not start the game on the battlefield. The general and point value for this Army Card is equal to that of whatever figure is on this Army Card. If Piggy is on this Army Card, there is no general or point value. After Piggy is destroyed move the figure on this Army Card to its own Army Card and remove all Wound Markers from this army card.
Points X

Oh, and actually I have done some testing. The Demon Heroes one their own are a little underpowered, but the Shokujinkis feel perfect at 35 points. I think I'll toughen Babaulagos with 5 life, and probably lower the points on Beliazal and Nelchom. Ram Charge needs wording changed and size limits added, and I think Beliazal could should be Large 6. When I've played with all of the Demons more I'll get "final" cards put up.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; June 12th, 2017 at 05:16 PM.
Old June 7th, 2017, 04:50 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post

Zirnelkis
Arachnid
Unique Hero
Predator
Wild
Medium 4
Life 4
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3
Web Trap
Start the game with 4 Web Spaces on this Army Card. After moving and before attacking, you may choose one land space within 3 clear sight spaces of Zirnelkis. If there is a figure on the chosen space, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher or there is no figure on the space, place a Web Space on that space. Non-arachnid figures on a Web Space are trapped. Trapped figures cannot move off of the Web Space (two-spaced figures may move as long as one space remains on the Web Space). The trapped figure can move off the Web Space only if a friendly figure occupies an adjacent space. Add 5 to your roll for Entangling Web if the chosen figure is on a Web Space.
Climbing
When climbing up levels of terrain, count every four levels as one movement point. When climbing, you may triple Zirnelkis' height.
Points 75

Great ideas here for Spiders!!

There is also a pre-painted D&D Monster Menagerie mini called Phase Spider that you could use.

Old June 7th, 2017, 05:06 PM
On vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Quote:

Zirnelkis
Arachnid
Unique Hero
Predator
Wild
Medium 4
Life 4
Move 7
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3
Web Trap
Climbing
Points 75

Great ideas here for Spiders!!

There is also a pre-painted D&D Monster Menagerie mini called Phase Spider that you could use.

That is true. I have the unpainted one though, so really I just need to find time to paint that... And Damisa... And the Bloodletters/Gatekeepers (and finish putting together the Bloodletters)... And these Small Soldiers figures... And I've got a few supplies for obstacles I've been thinking of doing something with... Do you have any time I could borrow?

Oh wait, Summer is coming right up, isn't it!?!

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old June 7th, 2017, 05:26 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

That is true. I have the unpainted one though, so really I just need to find time to paint that... And Damisa... And the Bloodletters/Gatekeepers (and finish putting together the Bloodletters)... And these Small Soldiers figures... And I've got a few supplies for obstacles I've been thinking of doing something with... Do you have any time I could borrow?

Well you have painted talent .. whereas I do not : P

Here's what Northwest Heroscape Customs was working on for that Phase Spider. I really like yours though. Mind if I play-test that?

Spoiler Alert!
Old June 7th, 2017, 11:46 PM
On vacation...

Arrow Re: Dr. G's Customs 2.0

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

Well you have painted talent .. whereas I do not : P

Here's what Northwest Heroscape Customs was working on for that Phase Spider. I really like yours though. Mind if I play-test that?

Spoiler Alert!
Thanks, and I do not mind in the slightest.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards