Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Old October 7th, 2014, 10:56 AM

Tiepilot1138 is surprisingly tart
Is the Marvel starter worth it now?

I'm just getting in to heroscape, and was wondering if the Marvel starter is worth the going prices. It doesn't seem there is a whole lot in the box. I have bins and bins full of heroclix, so the figs aren't a big draw for me. There doesn't seem to be a big assortment of terrain, and the missions in the book don't seem that great. Am I missing something?
Old October 7th, 2014, 11:42 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Is the Marvel starter worth it now?

It is great for building city scapes, but otherwise unnecessary. That being said, I think I have about 15-20 sets worth of Marvel terrain and it has been totally necessary.

Spoiler Alert!

Also see Grishnakh's Custom Terrain thread.
Old October 7th, 2014, 12:23 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post

Also see Grishnakh's Custom Terrain thread.
The Marvel set doesn't come with a whole lot of stuff. I actually got to the point where I spray painted a bunch of tiles to match the concrete and asphalt tiles rather than trying to track down and buy more sets. I have some pictures around here somewhere.
Old October 7th, 2014, 12:36 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Agreed. If since you've already got Heroclix figures, you don't need the Marvel set for the figs and there's not much terrain in it. The broken wall thing isn't that useful. The most useful piece in there is the asphalt tiles, followed by the cement tiles. To get a bunch of those, try Auggie's Game Store where you can buy them a la carte.
Old October 22nd, 2014, 08:35 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I dont think it is worth throwing down the cash for the set, They are right about just rebasing heroclix figures, you can usually get them pretty cheap online. Also, spraypainting the terrain is not a bad idea, but.... You can't overspray the tiles and make the paint run, also recommend krylon paint, not the cheap stuff. I ruined too many tiles with the cheap stuff. But I have mad some awesome stuff with the good spray paint. Porkins Idea to buy them a la carte is better, than picking up multiple sets. good luck.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 6th, 2015, 04:03 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Well, it depends what you are trying to do:

1. If you want to add it to your Classic/Custom Scape games, they were not meant to be compatible, but some people do it anyway. In this case, the answer is "No."

2. If you want to start playing Superhero Scape as set up especially by C3G onsite, then you can get the figures for the same characters (and many, many more) by getting old Heroclix figures of them. So in this case, the anser is "NO!"

3. If you're just a compulsive collector and want to get them because they are out there, the answer in this case is "No, and you should get professional help."
Old February 6th, 2015, 10:53 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
If you want to add it to your Classic/Custom Scape games, they were not meant to be compatible...
Not true.
Old February 7th, 2015, 07:39 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Note: SD and I continue to disagree on this issue, which hopefully does not affect the comedy above. However, we do agree that they SHOULD be considered compatible.
Old March 6th, 2015, 09:06 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!

Sometimes its cheaper to find second hand marvel heroscape figs than it is to get heroclix figs. Thanos is a prime example of this. Some are hard to find as clix figs (abomination).

On the whole though, as good as the idea of marvel heroscape is, its best to just go the route of making your own marvel stuff.
Old March 6th, 2015, 10:03 PM

By "make your own," I assume you mean buy Heroclix figures and use the wonderful C3G and other Supers cards for them available here onsite. Although you can make your own too...
Old March 7th, 2015, 11:26 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!

That too, though I literally do make my own. As heretical as it is to say around here, I can't stand the funky heroscape card format. *gasp/shock/gnashing of teeth/rending of cloth*
Old March 7th, 2015, 11:48 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorcrayons View Post
That too, though I literally do make my own. As heretical as it is to say around here, I can't stand the funky heroscape card format. *gasp/shock/gnashing of teeth/rending of cloth*
You're not alone. There are several rectangular card threads on the site. I personally don't mind the shape of the cards, but they can be a pain trying to make room on the table for the cards of a large army.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion