Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old January 19th, 2011, 07:40 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: Cartographers Choice - Mapmakers Personal Favorites

Yay! Stickied!

Last edited by Typhon2222; January 20th, 2011 at 05:49 AM.
Old February 20th, 2011, 06:41 PM

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Updated my post: swapped out Vulcan's Bowels with Stygian Abyss, a new favorite.
Old February 27th, 2011, 08:08 PM

Updated my post again: swapped out the previous version of Quicksilver Fane for a new improved Tournament version.

QUICKSILVER FANE (tournament version)
Uses: 1 RotV, 1 FotA, 1 RttFF (road tiles only), 1 TJ.
Glyphs: 2 Dagmar (+8 initiative).
Download: here

Really, I just wanted an excuse to bump this awesome thread. I wish more cartographers would post their favorites....
Old February 28th, 2011, 12:31 PM

reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Really, I just wanted an excuse to bump this awesome thread. I wish more cartographers would post their favorites....
Me too!
Old February 28th, 2011, 04:21 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

LeftOn4ya's Maps & Cartography Philosophy
My favorite of the maps I have virtualized so far:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I changed Ring around the Swamp Dungeon and added my philosophy of cartography. I will use this map to exemplify how it fits my philosophy.

• This map is balanced for various situations (ranged, melee, flying) and fun to play on.
  • From the start zone, there are 3 different options on paths to go: up the middle for height, the left to grab a glyph and/or be able to attack the opponent start zone with range in 2 moves, or to the right to stop the opponent from grabbing a glyph and being able to bum-rush your start zone.
  • There is 4 spaces of the highest terrain separated as two two-hex spaces.
  • It takes two turns for a non-flying move 6 range 6 to move from the start zone and be able to do a ranged attack on an opponen't start zone.
  • It takes three turns for a non-flying move 6 melee character to move from the start zone and be able to do be engaged for an attack on an opponen't start zone.
  • The closest glyph to each start zone should is equidistant and requires two turns. A single healer glyphs is in the middle.
  • There is LOS blockes that protect people from the hill on two sides.
  • It is synergistic and there is relatively equal blocks to line of sight.
  • It requires only one each of 3 required sets: SOTM, BftU, and RttFF.

It is not the best map I have made, but I chose to Virtaulize & post it because it shows what I like in a map.
My favorite LOOKING and most unique map, but not my favorite to play:
Quote:
Basketball Court - 2 lexan road Maps, 1 Marvel Set, 1 RttFF, 1 FotA (+1 extra flag for effect).

Original Creation (looks better but doesn't play as well)

Description & Scenario
Spoiler Alert!

Still thinking of custom scenarios where basically you have to go back and forth and "shoot baskets." Could put Brandar glyphs under hoop and you have to go back and forth between glyphs to score. Or, to shoot if you are not under the rim you can roll a D20 and you need a 10+ but subtract 2 for each space away from the hoop. Maybe even make "Huge/Large" players better "on the key" while small figures are better beyond the key.

Just a working idea - any better ones? The original map is better for this scenario as it takes a way road bonus on court.
My favorite to build, because it can be made in 2 min:
Quote:
The first one is an example for my Quick Set-Up & Build Map Contest and uses 36 total pieces (33 if you count water as 2-for-1).

QuickMap - Water Under the Bridge

Last edited by lefton4ya; September 14th, 2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old April 19th, 2011, 11:47 AM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker

I'm obviously a little late to the party (just got back on here from being gone for about 6 months from HeroScape), but if I had to narrow it down to the top 5 maps that I think are my favorite, they would be as follows:

(In no particular order)

Hatlevig's Touchstone - 6RotV, 4RttFF

Jacob's Hideaway - 5RotV, 1SotM, 4RttFF

Battle at the Brandar Well (Version 1.1) - 2RotV, 1RttFF

Valorian's Playground - 6RotV, 4RttFF, 2FotA

Broken Ruins of Ami - 3RotV, 3RttFF

That's a tough call... there are a few others that are right on the verge of being in this list, but these have offered the most fun of any of the maps in the whole SHS Codex.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
(Codex downloadable into a spreadsheet for easy self-sorting)
Note to self: One ladder for every TWO levels!!!!!!
Old May 13th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Twofold bump-1) Shameless self promotion for my overhaul of my top 3, and 2) I think that this is one of the best resources for maps and I'd love to see even more cartographers contribute.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old June 14th, 2011, 10:03 PM

habs1009 knows what's in an order marker habs1009 knows what's in an order marker

Here's my top 3

You can see these in more detail in my thread which is linked in my signature.

My map thread.
Spoiler Alert!
Old July 16th, 2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
I think that this is one of the best resources for maps and I'd love to see even more cartographers contribute.
Hear hear!
Old July 16th, 2011, 10:46 PM

LUCKE13 knows what's in an order marker LUCKE13 knows what's in an order marker

Okay, I'll bite.

My favorite map to play on is probably Highways and Dieways. It always seems so balanced regardless of the armies being played on it.

My favorite map that I have made is Castle Rannveig. I put a lot of thought into it, and I love the way it looks and plays.

Old August 18th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I updated my original post with my 3 latest favorites.

Old September 14th, 2011, 04:59 PM

Son of Osiris costs too much!

All of you have verryyy good maps that i would play on over and over again, if i had six RotVs and four RttFF

"My Lord, what fools these mortals be!" Shakespeare

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios