Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

View Poll Results: How often do you play Heroscape? (with other people)
Multiple Times Per Week 18 13.43%
At Least Once Per Week 35 26.12%
At Least Once Per Month 55 41.04%
At Least Once Per Quarter 14 10.45%
With Other People? 12 8.96%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 10th, 2007, 02:32 AM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness
How often do you actually play Heroscape?

I've noticed I think about Heroscape far more than I actually get a chance to play it. I wanted to see if I'm the norm or the exception.
Old October 10th, 2007, 02:35 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I answered "Multiple times per week," and I still think about it much more often than I get a chance to play it.
Old October 10th, 2007, 03:23 AM

grizz is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
I answered "Multiple times per week," and I still think about it much more often than I get a chance to play it.
The same go's for me.

Old October 10th, 2007, 03:52 AM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I've actually only played 7-8 games...ever. I enjoy the game immensely, there's just no one I know who's available to play anywhere close by. The friend who I found HS with and who bought the MS in the early part of '06 lives about a thousand miles away. I'd love to be living in an area where there was a fellow, available scaper less than ten miles away.

All this is made worse by living in a city with 1,000,000 people. You'd think more SJ scapers would be active on this site besides me and the guy who just started coming onto the forums.

But I'm not bitter.

OK, now that that's out of my system, the real reason I don't get to scape as often as I like is because I have more free time than the folks who live a few towns away. Not being married with kids does that. I also have no desire to share it with coworkers as I only have one and she's a total [EXPLETIVE DELETED]. And I'm newer to this part of the city and don't know that many people here.
Old October 10th, 2007, 04:56 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Well I tend to only get to play when i'm off work on holiday or at the weekends; Saturdays if I take it round my dads or Sunday if I don't have anything else to do (which is usually the case).
Old October 10th, 2007, 09:23 AM

Aranas has disabled reputation
One game every two weeks, so about 2 games a month.
"...and I still think about it much more often than I get a chance to play it."

Aranas

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old October 10th, 2007, 09:36 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Not often enough. I would like a game at least once every week or two weeks. As it is now, I only get to play every 2 or 3 months. I fit about 5 games in when we do play. We used to play almost every night, but without a constant group to play with, it dried up a little.
Old October 10th, 2007, 09:56 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
When I first started the addiction in June, I played with my friends and co-workers about 2 - 3 times a month. Since I quit my job and my friends went back to grad school it's more like 1.5 times a month.

And yes, like others here, I think about it a lot more than I've played it. I keep thinking if I play a whole lot in a short period I'll get it out of my system a bit and be able to focus on some things in my life that I should be focusing on, but I haven't gotten the chance to test that theory yet.
Old October 10th, 2007, 10:06 AM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
We play about once a week. The reason for this is mainly is scouts starting back up and dance, etc for the girls. I have been spending a lot of time with sweet little baby (ps3) at night to wind down. The wife and I have been playing a lot of "last night on earth" lately as well.
Old October 10th, 2007, 10:14 AM

pti8 is surprisingly tart
Re: How often do you actually play Heroscape?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteparkerh
I've noticed I think about Heroscape far more than I actually get a chance to play it. I wanted to see if I'm the norm or the exception.
I think about heroscape all the time. I answered at least once a month. But I play whenever I can (busy all the time) with my cus.
Old October 10th, 2007, 10:52 AM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
I'm just NOW getting to play semi-regularly (once a month) and am trying to encourage some local people to play.
Old October 10th, 2007, 11:06 AM

Doustin is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
The tourney I just ran was the first time I really played in months, I dont even remember how long it had been. But now I know more people in my area so hopefully that will change.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion