Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old October 19th, 2019, 02:37 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 0] HONORED SOUL-GUIDES (Lantern Geists) - Design

I, too, would prefer working with the revive mechanic before attempting a redesign if necessary. Putting this wording in the OP.

Spoiler Alert!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 19th, 2019, 05:38 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Works for me!
Old October 27th, 2019, 08:59 AM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I get that there are strong Large/Huge figures, like Dragons, but do we want to test that first before limiting Last Will to Small/Medium? Plus it would be fun to bring Ozuul back to surprise **** up everyone's placement.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 29th, 2019, 03:16 AM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I put that in because I don’t think there’s precedent for placing a double-spaced hero in the space a single-spaced figure occupied.
Old November 3rd, 2019, 02:32 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I put that in because I don’t think there’s precedent for placing a double-spaced hero in the space a single-spaced figure occupied.
I was going to point out summoning powers that can move large and huge figures, but I can't think of any cases that specifically replace a single-spaced figure with a double-spaced one. It's close to existing powers like Tul-Bak-Ra's Teleport Reinforcements that can place Grok Riders adjacent to him (despite them being double-spaced), but I'm not sure if we want to mess with that here.

Small or medium Unique Heroes (or even just medium) still gives plenty of reviving opportunities, especially in this set. It also might result in a bit more diversity just in AotV, because the Ozuul player isn't immediately going to draft these guys to get some extra turns in with the big bad.
Old November 3rd, 2019, 03:14 PM

That was my thought too. We won't have tp balance them around rezzing Q9 or Braxas or Nilfheim either.
Old November 3rd, 2019, 03:20 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah, after further reflection I think that I'm with you here. There are still plenty of fun medium heroes to make the revival worthwhile (Sonlen, Sgt. Drake Alexander, one of our own upcoming heroes, etc.) without centering it entirely around the normal huge powerhouses. The fact that it makes the power a little functionally simpler is also a bonus.

From a complexity standpoint, we do still have to worry about stuff like Kato Katsuro and Kurrok being brought back to create turns within turns, but this is more workable at the very least.

Last edited by Astroking112; November 3rd, 2019 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Cyprien, Heracles, and more would also be a lot of fun to revive.
Old November 3rd, 2019, 03:56 PM

Since it replaces the Soulguides' turn, I don't think it's a power concern. It's functionally no different then revealing an OM on the card. Maybe a complexity issue.
Old November 3rd, 2019, 04:04 PM

Yeah, I think that it's not a full turn-stacking issue since it's essentially the same as having revealed the Order Marker on that card in most cases, but it does lead to some more complex interactions as a result. In my opinion, the main problem is whether this is too complex for a Master Set at this point.
Old November 3rd, 2019, 04:13 PM

It would be great to have someone who's never played or only played a little to look over the abilities. Hmm.
Old November 8th, 2019, 09:00 AM

I'll have to try to remember to maybe take them to our next local event and see what people think.

EDIT: FWIW, it seems the C3V would (currently) potentially allow replacing a Medium Acolyte with a Large Demon. Something to keep in mind size-wise for move/replace powers.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; November 8th, 2019 at 10:06 AM.
Old November 8th, 2019, 01:38 PM

That's a good point on the Acolytes being able to summon double-spaced figures. I give it a little bit more leeway because of them being an expansion for already dedicated fans, but mechanically I guess that it would work.

I'm still a little fond of limiting it to the medium guys to give them some more love, but I could see us going either way.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs